reMarkable Creation

reMarkable Creation

I'm trying to share my latest video on facebook by copying and pasting it's link on facebook. It's showing the title and descriptive text but not the video's thumbnail to allow playback right on facebook. I've checked 'help', faqs, and forum for a solution and can't seem to find any, as my embed options should allow a thumbnail image to appear when the link is posted. I've tried to post another of my videos and the image comes up in the post before I'm ready to hit submit. I've tried to post using Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer on Mac and PC, but to no avail. Could it have to do with the video being over 10mins long? Any advice?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It sounds like Facebook may have cached an earlier version of your video. You can use Facebook's debugger tool to re-cache your video URL, and this may resolve the issue.

Steps:
1. Visit the debugger tool: developers.facebook.com/tools/debug
2. Paste in a link to your Vimeo video.
3. Click "Debug"
4. Try sharing your video again

That should do the trick, but let us know if you continue to have trouble!

reMarkable Creation

reMarkable Creation

Thank you for your help. I followed your directions and "debug"ged but still no thumbnail. Any other ways to re-cache? Or could it be a different problem?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try uploading a custom thumbnail and then try running it through the debugger one more time? Thanks.

reMarkable Creation

reMarkable Creation

I just did that and still nothing. Sorry to keep d'bugging you guys.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! Unfortunately it's not possible to post password protected videos to Facebook. You would need to make it public.

reMarkable Creation

reMarkable Creation

Hi Derek,
I just recently made it private to ensure no one sees the video until I post it publicly on facebook with a thumbnail. I removed the privacy and tired to repost, still no thumbnail player appeared. I seem to be having a similar problem to Damian Vines and that thread. I read your response. Maybe its the bug you guys will be trying to work out on Monday. Thanks for your time. Keep me updated.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try uploading a custom thumbnail that has the exact dimensions of your video (1280x720)? After that, try running it through the Facebook Debugger and posting again. If this doesn't work then we will get back to you on Monday morning with more information. Thanks!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.