Segredos da Tia Emília

Segredos da Tia Emília Plus

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble exporting videos from iMovie to Vimeo. I've tried exporting different videos from different computers and it didn't work.
It opens the "Publishing to Vimeo" dialog and nothing happens.

My internet connection is fine and I can export the videos to my computer.

Any help?

Thanks!

Segredos da Tia Emília

Hi Derek, sorry about the delay answering you. I didn't get an email notification.
Yes, I tried uploading both ways and they were not working. After several tries it started uploading normally. And now it's not working again.

My internet connection is fine. I don't know what it is.
It usually takes 40 minutes to upload a video, now the time remaining is 12 hours.

Eventually it will probably work fine again and than fail.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you on a hard-wired non-wifi connection?

Segredos da Tia Emília

Hi Mark, I'm on a wifi connection, like I've being using for more than 2 years. I upload 4 videos per week. Never had any problem.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try uploading from a hard-wired non-wifi connection?

Segredos da Tia Emília

I just tried uploading a video from iMovie using the wifi connection and it worked fine.

I can guarantee you: the internet connection is not the problem. I've uploaded more than 500 videos in 2 years using my wifi connection.

I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Blaze Christian Fellowship

Blaze Christian Fellowship Plus

This has been happening to me for some time now as well. It'll work fine for several weeks, then can't upload! Has the staff determined whether it's Vimeo or iMovie?

Blaze Christian Fellowship

Blaze Christian Fellowship Plus

Derek, yes I can. However, it's an extra step with a larger time involvement to export out of iMovie, then upload. It's typically painless to just hit "Share" on iMovie!

I think the larger question to you, from Segrados, and me, is why does it share to Vimeo most of the time, but not all of the time?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

This is an issue with iMovie we are working on fixing. For now you will have to export out of iMovie and upload directly onsite. Sorry about that!

Pam Powers

Pam Powers

I can't find where to post my question but I was wondering if I'm able to upload videos from Windows Live Movie Maker?

Pam Powers

Pam Powers

Thank you very much Meghan! I will take a look at it and if I have any other questions I'll let you know. :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.