Sally Dexter

Sally Dexter

I've tried uploading the video twice (in the same format as others I've successully uploaded) but it just plays as a silent black screen...even though a thumbnail has been generated. Any help gratefully received....

xx

lidocaine

lidocaine

I'm running the lastest flash (10.0.0.22) and it only needs 10.0.

Sally Dexter

Sally Dexter

And on my third try...it's now coming up with an error message and nothing's uploading at all...

lidocaine

lidocaine

Have the exact same issue. Works fine before uploading, and works fine on certain other websites. Movie is a standard h.264 encode with AAC audio; nothing weird.

Sally Dexter

Sally Dexter

I'm now back to black video and no sound...on my fifth attempt at uploading. It's very odd...I'm doing nothing different than I've done before, with no issues. Sorry to hear you're having the same issues lidocaine... Are there any staff who can help us?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

As soxiam noted you should upgrade your version of flash please clik here for instructions
vimeo.com/help/flash

Additionally update your version of Safari please, it's pretty dated.

lidocaine

lidocaine

I'm running the latest version of flash and safari and it still doesn't work. Or in firefox. Or in internet explorer. On different computers. On different operating systems (Vista, XP, OS X). How do you even know what version of safari she's using - she never said.

This is a vimeo problem (most likely), or either a problem in the upload process of Safari (unlikely). I'd try again on a different computer with a different browser, but my upload cap is already hit... guess I'll have to stick to certain other sites for now. What crap.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

we know the version of the brower and flash player she's using because that information is logged. and i can confidently tell you that this mostly likely NOT a vimeo problem because i can watch videos in different browsers and platform.

can you check to make sure your firewall or ISP isn't blocking our videos. also make sure you are not running some aggressive popup blocker or other anti-virus apps that stops certain flash components from loading.

lidocaine

lidocaine

Ok, I'm not sure why you would think it's the ISP or a firewall since most every other video on vimeo works. Also, if it's a user problem, you'd be able to watch any of the videos being mentioned by users in this thread.

Again, let's recap:

- Checked on different browsers

- Checked on different computers

- Checked on different operating systems

- Checked on different physical locations (two different houses with different ISPs, two different workplace environments using different internet connections, one coffee shop).

Nothing worked. FYI, it works fine at this link, which is the exact same file uploaded to vimeo:

bluemaggottowel.com/projects/2009/05/perl_scripts/111/

The only difference is that it's not in vimeo's container format; so far, that link has worked for everyone as long as their quicktime is up to date. So that tells me one thing - vimeo's conversion is faulty.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

unless i missed you saying it, i assumed that you couldn't play any videos on vimeo since you didn't post any url's. can you post some that you cannot play?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

you're right. this video did not convert correctly. i am putting it through our encoder again now. let us know how it turns out. in the future, please always remember to post the url of the page you are having an issue with so our staff can support you as quickly as we can.

lidocaine

lidocaine

I'd upload another video to test, but I'm already out of space. Nice...

Mike D

Mike D

Am having the same problem here...I'm updated on Flash and Firefox. I've just tried uploading a perfectly working .mp4. All I get is a black screen with no sound.

Lee

Lee

This was working for the day I asked to encode again to reduce the Jaggies and looked great and then a few minutes after midnight a Black screen, just audio and I knew the exact time because I was just watching it and then went to watch again it just stopped working vimeo.com/4656524

Lee

Lee

Ok Its working vimeo.com/4656524
What I did was uploaded file again instead of replace it uploaded and worked great! vimeo.com/4679521
Strangely I checked on my vid that was just earlier showing a black screen and it was working ! It wasn't HD but that was OK. Because my hd ver uploaded and was working and I liked the standard def because it added a great green tint to the piece!

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen Staff

I'm pushing it through our encoders again. It should be ready shortly.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.