Karen Abad

Karen Abad Plus

First and foremost, go here - vimeo.com/blog:443

Then...

Here are a couple places that you may want to check out that have royalty-free music that you can use:

ccmixter.org/ - ccMixter is a community music site featuring remixes licensed under Creative Commons where you can listen to, sample, mash-up, or interact with music in whatever way you want.

freesound.org/ - The Freesound Project is a collaborative database of Creative Commons licensed sounds. Freesound focusses only on sound, not songs.

audiofarm.org/ - Audiofarm is an audio website for helping people explore, share, and enjoy Creative Commons Audio from around the world.

incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/
At this website Kevin MacLeod offers his royalty free music creations under the Creative Commons License. There are many different types of instrumental music at this site.

pacdv.com/sounds/free-music.html
pacdv offers a few instrumentals for you to use royalty free. They just ask that you mention "Music by pacdv.com/sounds/"; in your credits.

sonnyboo.com/music/music.htm
Offers a few songs that you can use in your productions as long as you credit the songwriter - Peter John Ross.

loganlproductions.com/pmp.html
Offers a few royalty free instrumental songs under the Creative Commons License. Just credit the musicians.

taylorhayward.org/freemusic.htm
Taylor Hayward offers a few piano songs that are copyright free so you are free to use them in any way, commercial or non-commercial.

soundclick.com/business/license_list.cfm
I recommend that you sign up with a free account at soundclick.com to take full advantage of its many differnent music artsists and genres. To find royalty free music at no charge under the Creative Commons License click on the soundclick link above and then change License Type to Creative Commons (Free), select the Genre and click go.

jamendo.com/
This site includes many different genre's of music by many different artists under the Creative Commons License. The difficult part at this site is just downloading one song. When you go to an artist's page and click on an album it wants you to download the whole album. But if you are listening to the album with the jamplayerweb there is an option at the bottom to Export this playlist: M3U. If you pause the music and click on M3U then the songs should open up in your Media Player and you can click the next and previous buttons in your Media Player and also click on File -> Save As... to save the song you are listening to.

derekaudette.ottawaarts.com/music.php
Derek Audette offers his royalty free music under the Creative Commons License. Most of these are instrumental pieces that are either dark, moody, or hard driving.

publicdomain4u.com/
This site contains recordings of songs that were published prior to 1922 and are now in the public domain which means the public is free to copy and use the works in any way.

opsound.org/
This website offers a collection of music from a variety of artists and genres under the Creative Commons License. In the left hand menu click on artists or genres.

openmusicarchive.org/
Open Music Archive offers recordings of songs that are over 50 years old so their copyright has expired in the UK so the recordings have become Public Domain. However, if you are from another country other than the UK then the recordings may not be Public Domain yet. See the FAQ for more information.

archive.org/details/audio
This Audio Archive contains free recordings of many popular bands. These are usually recordings of live performances. The bands that allow their live concerts to be recorded and traded are known as Trade Friendly Bands. For a list of bands that are Trade Friendly and to view their policies see Trade-Friendly Band Information and Furthurnet.org Band List. The FAQ page and the details page make it clear that these recordings can only be used for non-commercial purposes.

freeproductiontracks.com/
Free Production Tracks has a few styles of music that can be downloaded for free and can be used for anything, commercial or personal, without any royalty fees.
Royalty Free Music royaltyfreemusic.com/free-music-resources.html
royaltyfreemusic.com mainly offers royalty free tracks for a price, but they do offer some 30 second music clips, beats and loops that can be used for personal or non-commercial productions. You must credit RoyaltyFreeMusic.com as the source of the music.

internetaudioguy.com/iag/freemusic/freemusic.htm
InernetAudioGuy.com usually sells royalty free audio tracks for a price but they also offer a few instrumental 30 second samples that you can use for free for anything you want.

Using Non-Royalty Free Music
If you already found a piece of music from a professional artist that you want to use in your film or other production then go to ascap.com/filmtv/faq.html to find out how to contact the copyright owner (usually the publisher) and acquire the appropriate license.

Parker Wilson

Parker Wilson Plus

I may be wrong, but I think freeplaymusic is only free for personal use. If you're going to post it to any website or basically do anything where people see it publicly, I believe you're supposed to pay... just FYI.

Danior

Danior

I agree with you. If you just want to download free streaming music from the websites for personal use, I found a capturestreamingaudio.net/ which can record online music straightly. It is fast and easy. Just for your refenrence.

Jean-Pierre Fenyo

Jean-Pierre Fenyo

HELLO EVERYBODY! I am more than willing to let quality independent movie-makers, film-makers and artists use certain original music compositions of mine UNDER CERTAIN PROVISIONS...such as name-crediting, and advance agreement to share any possible royalties. Please CONTACT ME IF you would like to listen to some of my best music. Best, JP

Al Simon

Al Simon

Hi,
i just wanted to add bensound.com to the list where you can find creative commons music and use it for free in your videos.

Aaron D

Aaron D

Awesome, thanks!

BTW, is this stickied? If not, it needs to be so as not to get lost in the vast sea posts.

Aaron D

Aaron D

Awesome! Thank you!

Rudy Labordus

Rudy Labordus Plus

This is terrific thank you. I also found sounddogs.com to be really handy for both sound effects and music. Especially as you can right click on the MP3 and save to file (lo-res). You can edit your video and make sure it's exactly what you want before buying the quality version. (some other sites have their web site name said over and over dubbed on top of the track to protect it which is really annoying after a while).

Thomas Malkowicz

Thomas Malkowicz

This is the kind of support that makes Vimeo Awesome.
Thank you!

Menomenation

Menomenation

There always the ask a music geek option. Pretty much every indie musician in the world is looking for exposure. Of course the down side is that you have to talk to a music geek.

Tio Dave

Tio Dave

No more copyright infringement!!!! YAY

Dylan Freed

Dylan Freed

I am a composer and id love to help anyone who needs music. Remember that composers can give you exactly what you rather than sifting through hundreds of tracks trying to find one that fits.

Don't let music get corporate!

Peace.

Check out my stuff at:

dylanfreed.co.uk

behance.net/dylanfreed

Candlegravity

Candlegravity

Feel free to use any of my music in your videos for free as well! It's Ambient/World/Electronica/Cinematic style stuff. All my stuff is available in high quality mp3 format, and I can make .wav format available for those whom need it.

candlegravity.com

All I ask in return is that you note my name in the credits and let me know you used it so I can see your production!

Cheers!

cayoyin

cayoyin

This is awesome music all over the place!!! Thanks Karen!

Pritam Jaykar

Pritam Jaykar

Wow! Thats extremely useful information for video makers! Thanks Karen!

rotem Moav

rotem Moav

I Will let anybody from this forum to use my soundtrack music for free. just contact me.

I got Top Quality recordings for Drama, Suspense, Comedy, Adventure and more.

Karen Abad

Karen Abad Plus

Thanks for all the helpful links, keep them coming guys!

<3

John Wiedenheft

John Wiedenheft

Just finished listening to your instrumentals -- nice stuff!

Bob Trongone

Bob Trongone Plus

Sorry for the "bump". I just went to incompetech.com and downloaded some of his music. Yes, I donated $5.00 for each track I downloaded! Thanks for posting this! I now have something better than those mainly bland music programs supplied on my editing system. Here is my first use of a track I downloaded:

vimeo.com/7052035

Peterweis

Peterweis

Anyone looking for original music or audio editing for their project please check out the reels on my page. Music and sound are extremely important to any video project. Free options may work sometime, but do not comprise when it counts.

Guin White (girlpaint)

Guin White (girlpaint)

Does anyone know if there's an easy-to-use music or audio composing program? Open source is preferred. I'm not a composer, so the easier/simpler, the better.

ROA Records

ROA Records

I'd also like to offer the music in the ROA Records label library for independent filmmakers to use free of charge (with proper credits of course). Styles include, rock, indie/alternative rock, ethereal trip hop, folk, orchestrated, jazz/bluegrass fusion and more.
Contact me for samples.

Karen Abad

Karen Abad Plus

Everyone please skim through the comments of this thread, there are a couple links posted by some of our talented Vimeo community members of various sites, and even better, their own personal sites with music they have created and are offering to share with everyone.

Laura Cruz

Laura Cruz

Just what I was looking for! Thanks everyone.

nestor 33

nestor 33

This is so cool!!!
Thanks a lot......

Dave Wade-Stein

Dave Wade-Stein

We're happy to donate our music to use in your productions as well. All we ask is that you credit us and let us know of the use.

templeofthemoonpublishing.com

(click on Music link to access 90+ tracks)

Ash Lethal

Ash Lethal

this is amazing! thank you so much! i feature indie music and free downloads on my blog as well as videos with new music. check it out. you may like.

intheprimeblog.blogspot.com

Bryan Lee

Bryan Lee

This is a great resource. Can anyone point me to a page like this for free stock videos as well?

Lara Scott

Lara Scott

I have used Soundsnap. It costs money now, but they do have some good stuff.

JD Atkinson

JD Atkinson

My name is JD Atkinson, instrumental music composer for Film, Video, Television, Advertising, and multimedia projects.

I have provided a new way for Directors, Producers, Editors, and Music Supervisors to “invest” in their projects by investing in my private collection of music.

Low music budget? Need great music?
Problem solved!

Purchase my Music Library on DVD for a “one-time” price, which in turn, entitles you to online access of all current and future released tracks for no additional fee!

"Buy it once, use it forever!"

As music tracks are added to the library, the sale price for new customers will increase, but not for you! You have already made your investment in me, my music, and your projects! You will continue to benefit from new music tracks released by JD Atkinson!

JDatkinson.com

Positive Pictures

Positive Pictures Plus

can I use it for free.... ?
If yes what are the rules?
thanks.

good music !

Peter Lukacs

Peter Lukacs

Hi everyone!

I'm Peter, a 32 years old freelance composer for media - looking for serious projects to work on. I can compose in several different moods & styles to perfectly compliment your video, but my main forte is cinematic, orchestral music. Check out peterlukacs.net to find some examples of my work.

If you like what you find, and would like to work with someone, who's creative, reliable, driven, professional, a (very) swift learner, contact me! 

I'm only looking for paid work, but my rates are friendly and flexible, so if in a doubt, contact me at composer at peterlukacs dot net, or simply use the contact form on my website!

Have Fun Listening!

Peter Lukacs
Composer For Media

pete smith

pete smith

We are an independent record label and publishing company not a big bad corporation out to sue you for file sharing, we WANT you to spread our music around. Songs from our back catalog have been played by hundreds of radio stations and podcasters worldwide. Most of our tracks have been released under a creative commons license and made freely available for radio stations and podcasters to use in their shows. We appreciate support from Independent film makers interested in using our music for their commercial/non commercial projects. To find out more listen to the Antiqcool Music Business philosophy podcast here
antiqcool.podbean.com/2010/01/22/the-antiqcool-podcast-episode-1-how-can-you-be-a-part-of-our-success/

Rory McCawl

Rory McCawl

Thanks so much, you could possibly be a life saver! :)

adam brown

adam brown

I am a professional composer , you can view my portfolio only for information adambrown.co.nr - email me if you need a quality score. I work hard and fast. Thanks

adambrownfilmcomposer@live.com

UberdanSounds

UberdanSounds

I'm a Songwriter/Producer/Musician also, check out some recent things I've done from the slums of tubeland...

youtube.com/LegScape

(whatever gets my name out there)

Kristian Dupont

Kristian Dupont

On minimumnoise.com you can license custom produced music very cheaply. Full disclosure, I am a co-founder, but I feel that it should be added to this very valuable list.

Have a Sync

Have a Sync

I would like to share here the link to my tool for music licensing: haveasync.com. You can find original tracks by Morricone, Piovani, Keith Emerson and many more. The license fees changes according to the use and distribution.

Andres Colmenares

Andres Colmenares

we are an indie band called Heister. We are currently recording our first album. if you want to listen what we sound like visit myspace.com/heistertheband.

If you like any of our songs and want to use it in one of your videos just contact me and we'll send you the studio version of the song.

Anna Filmmaker

Anna Filmmaker

Hey guys, I am going to a seminar with Michael Goi, ASC on Saturday, June 19 6:00 to 9:30 pm at French Institute Alliance Française
Florence Gould Hall Theater at 55 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022.
I've heard it's really good especially for beginners like myself. Michael will talk about how to accomplish a feature film within limited budget, how to shoot from the POV of the various mobile, computer and web-based cameras and how he wrote the script entirely based on read occurrences, and what aesthetic choices to be made for a film that raises awareness. Who wants to go with me?

Mein Tegernsee

Mein Tegernsee Plus

Hi, i found this site: friendlymusic.com

It seems to be possible to license songs for videos at 1.99$ each. On the website is written they are "YouTube-Partner" but when i´m reading the FAQs i found:

.... lets you upload your videos to YouTube or other websites....

For me this looks very interesting. Maybe someone who already uses this service can give some more information. Here is a link with an article about this site on mashable: mashable.com/2010/06/28/rumblefish-friendly-music/

cybero

cybero Plus

Oh boy this is such a useful set of posts and some really great links - here's one I've made use of generalfuzz.net - a generous portion of CC'd materials from General Fuzz.

Chill, ambient grooves. I've really enjoyed generating video graphics from them and to them.

Andrew Churchill

Andrew Churchill

I am a film composer from São Paulo, Brazil, currently studying music at Oberlin in Ohio. I am looking to add some new projects to my reel, so I would be willing to work for screen credit.

To check out some of my recent work, go to andrewchurchill.blogspot.com

Thanks!
AJ

Renderblitz - Design Studio

I have free electronic instrumentals. All I ask is that you give me credit.

Just listen to my tracks and let me know which one/'s you want. I will then let you download a HIFI mp3 or WAV or whtever you request.

you can contact me by: 925-207-8046 -or- renderblitz@gmail.com

thank you! here are my tracks

soundcloud.com/wave-well

Dan Van Oss

Dan Van Oss

I have some "Unmade Movie Music" available at danvanoss.com/main/all-the-music available for anyone who wants to us it. Just asking for credit as well.

There are mp3s for download. If you need wavs let me know.

Vertical

Vertical

Thanks a bunch for this list! I'd like to contribute one of my own.

newgrounds.com/audio/

Thousands of composed instrumentals from every music genre and songs created by amateur artists. Easy to parse for quality thanks to a simple rating system, and tons of community participation. This one can't be beat for user non-profit enthusiast generated music and songs.

Every audio track has the legal permissions written out underneath the player on every page, so you'll know exactly how to use it.

NOTE: Some music may not be to your taste, so on that note there is a preview player on the right side that will play the top 5 songs for that day, just toggle the yellow headphone button to shut it off.

Fred

Fred

Hi everyone,

I'm currently offering a 50% discount on all my music compositions (This week only!), if anyone is interested enter this coupon code upon checkout to instantly slice your total in half : 56412
visit my site today : capoproductionsmusic.com

looperman

looperman

you might want to check us out at looperman.com

thousands of royalty free loops and sounds as well as thousands of tracks uploaded by our users. You'll need to seek permission to use the tracks though.

sepal

sepal

I regularly upload some song licenced under creative commons attributen to my soundcloud page:
soundcloud.com/sepgil

Kristopher Fulton

Kristopher Fulton

I don't understand. When there are so many composers out there dying to write custom music for film (some for free!) why do so many filmmakers flock to royalty free music sites?

Additionally, a composer will promote your film more than any royalty free music site ever would. Food for serious thought.

Nightpost

Nightpost

Completely agree, Kristopher. It's like choosing plastic over wood, or better: line production over handcrafted work.
There is no 'soul' in the whole puzzle when the pieces don't have the same karma..

I can agree that it takes more time to find a person than a product, but we are talking about creativity here people, not consumption ! Food for serious thought indeed.

shayne zwickel

shayne zwickel Plus

Kristopher, you must be very privileged to have no idea why composers/filmmakers would like to work for free.. Congratulations on your success, I'm sure the view from you high horse is quite pleasant indeed!

Kristopher Fulton

Kristopher Fulton

shayne_z, your post seems a little angry to me. The truth is I have SO many ideas why composers/filmmakers would like to work for free. I have written several, SEVERAL things for free.

Allow me to clarify my statement above, as I think you have misread me. My question was...

"why do so many filmmakers flock to royalty free music sites?"

...when so many composers (like myself) are dying to write custom music for them, sometimes even for free.

My argument was to avoid paying for royalty-free music from a faceless organization and to promote custom music and composer/filmmaker relationships... even it means working for free.

See? I'm not such a bad guy.

Blanche

Blanche

Thanxs...i always start out finfing the right music

Mark Doherty

Mark Doherty

Great thread for music. So many great websites in one place.

One site i have been directed to freemusicarchive.org/

Some really good music here and easy to find as well.

Fred

Fred

Hi,

if you're looking for a unique source of music for your projects then consider checking out my website, I'm an experience music composer offering outstanding productions at amazing prices: capoproductionsmusic.com/music-categories

Thanks,
Capo

Ghosting Season

Ghosting Season

hi, we're new to Vimeo (so be nice!) but we're always up for people using some of our sounds! a lot of our stuff is free to d/l, so if you need some glitchy electronic music to edit to, head over to soundcloud.com/worriedaboutsatan :) x

Brandon Bissell

Brandon Bissell

worriedaboutsatan are a fantastic duo who deserve two hundred times more credit than they get;

People should flock to these guys, and if you ever get the chance to see them live, do so as well!

Celsey

Celsey

Hi, I Would like to provide music for a project that leans towards the atmospheric, dark and experimental side..You can listen to my music and find more info here soundcloud.com/celsey
Thanks
C

Mikhail Lukyanov

Mikhail Lukyanov

Pond5 offers a set of free audio effects weekly, but for the holiday, a ton of totally free stock media, including:
12 stock video clips, 27 music and sound effects files, and a customizable After Effects project- pond5.com / index.php? ref = MIL
__

Free music from russian мusicians - realmusic.ru/ :
"At RealMusic represented a huge database of free music and songs available for download in mp3 or listen to. You can download the music, the songs that you like or listen to the mp3 directly to site. All music can be downloaded free of charge is absolutely legal. See a custom video and upload their videos and music. Legal music and video on RealMusic.ru. As well as lyrics, music videos and other music video. "

Vitamin

Vitamin

Oh you guys are all awesome!

StockFuel

StockFuel

Here you go: stockfuel.com. Good resource for your video projects and if you need audio for it as well.

hitpointers. ♫

hitpointers. ♫

hi friends,

we're an ambitious production team...
(especially house, chill-out, electro)
listn.to/hitpointers/player

If you like to use any instrumental or you're looking for music for your work, feel free to shoot us a message.

one love.
hitpointers.

Constant Crisis Productions

Constant Crisis Productions

Hello,
I am a London based composer
so here is my website :
nicolasarnaud.com/

and of course i can compose for free ;)

so do not hesitate to contact me for any kind of project and collaboration!

Paul Lambert

Paul Lambert

Thank you very much ... as a newcomer to video I have spent many hours browsing with little success....appreciate your help

Elizabeth Kowalski

Elizabeth Kowalski

I am a composer, songwriter, and musician of a very diverse musical background. I am looking for films to compose and produce music for. Electronic, electro-acoustic, and acoustic music can be made for solo instruments to small ensembles or an orchestra using stereo or surround sound. I can write music specifically designed and fitted for your project.
I am currently a graduate student studying music composition, so therefore I am building my portfolio.. All I look for in return is the experience and the chance to help make amazing films.
Please feel free to contact me regarding projects you need music for.
-Elizabeth Kowalski
epianoqueen@yahoo.com

Ryan Omark

Ryan Omark

Hey all,

Hope it's okay that I drop my link in here. Looking to get into working on music for film, games, shorts, tv, commercials...anything!

Thanks for checking it out.

ryanomark.com

-Ryan

Dwed

Dwed

thats all i need
thank u soo much :D

Bradley Bridgens - Composer

Hey guys,

I'm an Australian composer looking to build my portfolio and I will compose music for your project (short/feature film, commercial advertisement or background music for your website etc) for free.
Contact me on (info@theauroraeinitiative.com).

To hear samples, here's my Soundcloud page
(bit.ly/mi4HT5).

I look forward to working with you.
Cheers

Travis Morgan

Travis Morgan

Hi guys. It makes me very happy and excited when my music is used in film\videos. You can find my music on ccmixter here - ccmixter.org/people/morgantj or my website - travisjmorgan.com. My most popular track is Cafe connection - ccmixter.org/files/morgantj/18947. Anyways. I hope you find something you like and can use for your project. I can also compose orignal custom tracks for your project if you want. Just let me know. Peace.

Penelope Plays

Penelope Plays

Free music is definitely needed for films that are non-commercial and for up-ing your portfolio as a film maker.
Precisely why I have set up this group on vimeo today:
vimeo.com/groups/soundtrack2

Simon Wilkinson

Simon Wilkinson

Just adding my details to the list. I've written music for films, trailers, documentaries, commercials, time lapse and more:

thebluemask.com

thebluemask.com/shop

Lots of ready-to-license tracks, atmospheric music, orchestral action, royalty free piano collections and more.

Or I can be hired to write custom music for your films.

Cheers,

Simon

Oliver Sadie

Oliver Sadie Plus

Hello filmmakers. I am available for music work for drama, romance or action scenes or short films. My service is free - I do this for pleasure, not for cash.

Here are a couple of samples of my work:

soundcloud.com/oliversadie/namethis (Piano/orchestral, no video)

soundcloud.com/oliversadie/reffins-sunrise (Electronic/orchestral, with video: youtube.com/watch?v=2GoOvJADGz0 )

soundcloud.com/oliversadie/two-left-standing (Vocal/orchestral)

Drop your video links in the comments and I'll pick one I feel I can add the most value to.

Thanks
Oliver

noelle Ventresca

noelle Ventresca

you could also get original music composed FOR your film by me ;) check out my work, and credits at noelleventresca.com

Nancy Shin

Nancy Shin

Hi, guys. I'm a composer.
If you not found some suitable music,
e-mail me.
nmnm99@naver.com
I'll do my best.
(paid or not paid, dosen't matter)

soundcloud.com/nancy-shin

Jean-Sebastien B. Miousse

Jean-Sebastien B. Miousse

Professional Composer, audio producer, orchestrator sound designer, mixing and mastering artist for all your music needs.

jsmiousse.com

Can work for free and low amounts to add to my portefolio while I have low amount of work right now.

Penelope Plays

Penelope Plays

dctank.ning.com

DC TANK is a Director - Composer Think Tank. It's going to be a resource for Directors to connect specifically with Composers that write for the screen.
You can sign on using Facebook and/or Create an Individual Profile. Composers can embed SoundCloud tracks.

If You're a Composer
This is built to promote composers. Your Profile, A few tracks, A link to your full portfolio.

You're a Director:
The simple truth is there are a huge amount sites geared to musicians but you're making a film and you need a composer that will be able to narrate a story.

dctank.ning.com

fatureNet recordings

fatureNet recordings

Hi there,

fature.net

All releases are under the CC-BY-NC-SA licence. Lots of styles and artists.

Hope to see you there!
Lee.

Manuel

Manuel

Hello people,
I use sometimes a nice royalty free music website that offer piano music content for media. This page is royaltyfreepianos.com
best.
Manuel

Manuel

Manuel

Hello people,
I want to share a new royalty free music site with pianos music tracks
There are many genres and moods with high quality sound.
royaltyfreepianos.com

Manuel

Michael Vitali

Michael Vitali Plus

I'd love to collaborate with folks if interested. I generate a lot of music and I am a label owner.

Feel free to check out music freely on Soundcloud here -
soundcloud.com/magnetic-eye-records

& most if not all the artists on Magnetic Eye Records provide CC licenses. I love creating so seriously hit me up if interested as I have free time during the next month - Until Jan 6, 2011. THANK YOU! Mike V 518.248.3202

magneticeyerecords.com

Hello, I am a Recording Artist from the Bay Area, California and I just released an electronic based LP titled: "Metacog" The music is unique so if you're trying to get music for your film that isn't cliche dubstep or cheezy techno I recommend you check it out. Right now I value exposure so just give me proper credit and you're free to use my music as much as you want. Please contact me with a request and I will provide you with the download of your choice.

Here is the Album:
soundcloud.com/wave-well/sets/metacog

Thanks,

Anthony

kris

kris

Hello! I see this is an old thread, however it is very relevant to me as I'm a photographer and popped up when I was looking for music to use with my photos!! I'm located in Atlanta and love certain vibes that work with lifestyle portraiture. I'm unable to find what I'm really looking for to use in my industry and thought I could bump this to see if there are ideas from this great thread! I love music like the Haverty's commercial (la la la song), the background sounds of Colbie Calait, Folksy guitar and uke music that's also pop like and up beat. Anywho...any help would be appreciated!! I would think there is someone out there that has something that would work! I feel I'm not THAT picky. ha! :)

GowlerMusic

GowlerMusic

Hello,

I am a composer looking to collaborate with any filmmakers to develop my show reel.

My Music can be found here:

GowlerMusic.com/

Thanks,

Richard.

Hey guys,
I'm a composer from Australia with over 10 years experience in song writing & music composition.
If you're looking for incidental music for a web project, a score for your film or promo material, check out my profile my music on my profile and leave me a message.
I'm willing to work for free, but if you have a budget in mind I can also work with that as well.

Just let me know the needs of your project and we can take it from there.
Cheers,

Bradley

Mathew Mayes

Mathew Mayes

Hi everybody,

I will be honest and say I've never made music/sound for film (other than at college) but it is something I am now looking to move in to, and this seems like a great place to get a chance. I wouldn't require any payment, I am just looking to get my teeth in to something interesting. I have been making music for over 10 years, I play a whole host of instruments and have a home studio setup. You can hear my music here: channelswimmer.com

Obviously my music is really all songs at the moment, but I would love this opportunity to create some atmosphere and add a new dimension to a film, whilst starting my showreel.

I fully understand if you do not want to take the risk with me having never composed for film before, but it would be fantastic if you could give me a chance to have a go before accepting/rejecting.

Thanks,
Mathew

dietZ

dietZ

great list thankyou

yannisk

yannisk

Check also themusicase.com.
with over 45,000 production tracks.

Just launched the iFrame version (integration with Flickr YouTube - Vimeo) where you can choose your music and also see the photo album / movie.
themusicase.com/iframe/

Robert Craig

Robert Craig

thanks for everyone who shared a link, now i've got a great list)

Neosound Lab

Neosound Lab

Would be willing to contribute or compose original music for short films/animations that tell a great story or just look awesome! Sample audio and clips at neosoundlab.com

Chris Cardell

Chris Cardell

Try MusicRevolution.com musicrevolution.com , an innovative online marketplace for royalty-free production music with over 17,000 affordable, high-quality tracks. To mark the anniversary of our 2010 launch, MusicRevolution.com has created this page of royalty-free music tracks that are absolutely free to use: musicrevolution.com/free_production_music/ I am the co-founder.

Ammurion

Ammurion

I will be happy to make music for interesting projects.
I focus mainly on film (drama, documentary, animated), but I'm also interested in composing music for theatre, media, commercial, adverts, games and other projects.

my website: ammurion.com
e-mail: ammurion@gmail.com

Best
Ammurion

Lt Meat

Lt Meat

I have been uploading a new song a week for most of 2012 (so far) at this site steakrecords.bandcamp.com/album/project-52 feel free to download any of it for free and use it for video projects. I don't ask to be paid, but please link to the Bandcamp page and give credit if you use any of my work.

Thanks

Lt Meat

Daniel Elek Diamanta

Daniel Elek Diamanta

Hi there,

I am a Film and TV composer, I have some good work in my portfolio, if you're looking for a talented, well equipped composer to work with you on projects then get back to me. I work with Logic, Miroslav Philharmonik Workstation, Kontakt, Zebra II, Sonokietik and more. I also have a substantial sound effects library, including those from the official Warner Bro's collection as well as the BBC collection. I am based in Luton (30 miles from Central London).

My music is traditional Orchestra mixed with contemporary electronic sounds. I am inspired by James Newton and Hans Zimmer. Have a look at some of my work on soundcloud, links are given at the bottom of this comment.

Thank You.
Daniel Elek-Diamanta

soundcloud.com/daniel-elek-diamanta
E-mail: daniel.diamanta@gmail.com

Links: soundcloud.com/daniel-elek-diamanta, daniel.diamanta@gmail.com

Mister X

Mister X

Royalty Free music For You ;)
/Modern Electronic, Chill-Out, And More!/

Hi i'm a composer and writing royalty free music, i have some cool driving electronic tracks, also beatiful chill-out and downtempo music.
If you interested, welcome to my portfolio on Pond5 :

pond5.com/sound-effects-music-after-effects-photos-illustrations/1/artist%3Asoulstate.html

And check out my latest tunes:

pond5.com/stock-music/10878465/falling-leaves.html "Falling Leaves" (Beautiful Chill-Out)

pond5.com/stock-music/10876423/action-sports-breakbeat-5.html Cool Driving Breakbeat

pond5.com/stock-music/10912503/infinite-light.html "Infinite Light" (Cool Uplifting Trance)

pond5.com/stock-music/10909640/flow-of-life.html "Flow Of Life" - Chilled Track With Guitar and Piano

pond5.com/stock-music/10878464/sensation-of-spring.html "Sensation Of Spring" - Antother Beautiful Chilled Track

Also have some nice sound effects.

Thank You =)

Link: pond5.com/sound-effects-music-after-effects-photos-illustrations/1/artist%3Asoulstate.html

hairylarry

hairylarry

Hi,

I will join the chorus and promote the songs on my label, They are Creative Commons licensed. Although some are licensed non-commercial, no derivs my own songs are all CC-attribution licensed. Contact me for other licensing arrangements.

hairylarryland.com

Thanks,
Hairy Larry
hairylarry@deltaboogie.com

Link: hairylarryland.com

Jose Miguel Luna

Jose Miguel Luna

If you are a creative artist, do not you think it would be better, music designed specifically for your projects??

Nicolas Repetto

Nicolas Repetto

Hello Filmmakers, Producers, and Directors!

I totally agree with Jose, the commenter above me!

I'm a film composer and I tailor original music to your tastes and desires and I work with you to see how music will play with the dramatic elements of the film. At our spotting session, we will sit together and discuss places where you would like music, and I would also give my suggestions and input about these places, so our collaboration becomes organic and ends up serving the film, which is the ultimate goal! I love films and I am passionate about music in films, so contact me and I'll show you what I mean...look below for my contact info and website!

Check out my music player and multimedia projects! Let me know what are you music needs and I'll bring them to life for you.

nicolasrepetto.com/music-player
nicolasrepetto.com/multimedia

Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon!

Nicolas

Link: nicolasrepetto.com

Bob Richardson

Bob Richardson

Check out our Royalty free music library at royaltyfreemusic.co.uk with many production genres for filmmakers including epic movie, horror thriller suspence and sentimental emotional music.

Nikolas Samios

Nikolas Samios

Greetings from Greece, to this beautiful artistic society!!

I love taking part in projects, i see it as a way to push the envelope and expand horizons, the artistic journey never ends!

You are more than welcome to visit my page on soundcloud.

Best wishes for health, happiness and creative creations!! ;)

Link: soundcloud.com/nikolas-samios/

Steven O'Brien

Steven O'Brien

Hey guys,
I'm offering a wide variety of free-to-use, creative commons music on my SoundCloud page. It consists of mostly classical piano/orchestral music. All of the music is original. Check it out, and be sure to let me know what you think!

Link: soundcloud.com/stevenobrien

David Markovich

David Markovich

Worth visiting for both - film/movie makers and music authors:
Recently created Royalty Free Stock Music and Audio Marketplace - LuckStock.com

Link: luckstock.com

GerardodelValle

GerardodelValle

Hey, I'm looking for someone to score a surrealist abstract, semi experimental film project. I don't have it online, due to the process, but if you're interested, e-mail me at delvalle.gerardo9@gmail.com and I can show you the project to see what can be done. This is a recreational film project and I can't pay for the scoring, so it's basically volunteer based.

Hina Azille

Hina Azille

Hi...

Although this is an old thread, its still relevant, so I decided to include our music in the list..

I manage a producer who is also a mix and mastering engineer... you can take a listen to his instrumentals on the link below - all are available for free download for promo use through soundclick...

All we ask is that you credit IMC Inc. in the credits and send me the link so we can see where it is being used.

Thanks!!!

Link: imcinc.weebly.com/

LA REELS

LA REELS Plus

I remember seeing a link to a website that connects filmmakers to musicians directly in one of these forums but can't seem to recall the name of the site. Is anyone might be able to point me in the right or similar direction?

The site had an option where the filmmaker would post a video and bio of the project, and interested musicians looking to collaborate could send links to their work. Sort of like a classified ad for the project.

I hope that is enough info... it seemed like a really cool website!

Malcolm Galloway

Malcolm Galloway

Hi, I'm the singer/songwriter/guitarist/keyboard player from London based rock band Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate, but I also write music suitable for films, including experimental (horror film type unpleasant music), classical, minimalist, ambient/chillout, electronica, and blues. I'm interested in either providing existing music for films, or developing collaborations with interesting film-makers.

The link below is to a sampler of short extracts from a variety of tracks in a wide range of styles. If you'd like to hear my rock band material visit reverbnation.com/itsadequate, or to see some of my videos, visit youtube.com/itsadequate

If you'd like to discuss possible collaboration on films or other media, please email hatsofffb at gmail.com

soundcloud.com/malcolm-itsadequate/music-for-films-sampler-1
Best wishes,
Malcolm

R. Aubrey Connor

R. Aubrey Connor

hi. good sites.
PLUS - i'm a film composer always looking for talented film makers trying to do great/creative/artistic work. i score to picture and have a wide variety of my cues available to audition at my soundcloud page.
soundcloud.com/ron-connor-music-for-film
i do not charge indy film makers. i will score your work for free.

i do charge for commercial projects or backed projects.
there are so many great filmmakers here on vimeo and i hope we can do somehting together soon.
please give a listen and thanks!
soundcloud.com/ron-connor-music-for-film

Tom Burchell

Tom Burchell

if anyone would like affordable music scored for a project then simply ask me. Look at my account for more details.

Wouter Siteur

Wouter Siteur

I am a royalty free composer, not associated to any PRO. Therefore, all my music is genuine royalty free. Unlike a lot of other royalty free music.

You can use my free music at BackgroundMusicForFree.com or my library music at RoyaltyFreeComposer.com (pay once, use forever!).

Links: backgroundmusicforfree.com, royaltyfreecomposer.com

Shuen

Shuen Plus

I've seen tons of great musicians here. Thanks guys for coming out here and showing your stuff.

LightLotusProduction

LightLotusProduction

Light Lotus Production. Professional Cinematic, Corporate, Hip Hop and other Royalty Free Stock Music composer. Exclusive author at AudioJungle, No spam, just music. Check us out, you won't regret it ;)

Link: goo.gl/v7Kwz

Claes Thorén

Claes Thorén

Hi!

You're welcome to any of my music, not asking for royalties, just give me credit for it. I'd love to compose for a project as well. Let's talk after you have a look at my website.

Cheers!

Link: spectralhours.com

Lino Rise

Lino Rise

Looking for Free Intro and Free Trailer music, this might be the perfect source for you!!!

Link: linorise.de

Dhalius

Dhalius

Check.Out
shrecords.wordpress.com
its South Hills Records : Open Music Archive
its a very complete and easy to use site, the main genre is electronica, soundtrack, background and videogame music styles.
regards,
Adrian

Enlace: shrecords.wordpress.com

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.