Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

For help with problems uploading and processing, please contact us using the form at vimeo.com/help/contact. Please include the information outlined below.

If you're having trouble getting your videos to upload or convert successfully, here are a few things to try:

(1) Upload your file again. Many issues can be resolved with a simple do-over.

(2) Make sure that your video settings match our Compression Guidelines (vimeo.com/help/compression). Some codecs are not supported (vimeo.com/help/faq/problems_uploading#failed_conversion).

(3) Hardwire your computer to the Internet (via Ethernet cable) and disable Wi-Fi.

(4) Close any other open browser tabs or windows.

(5) Check your computer's power management settings so it does not power off or go to sleep during the upload.

(6) Update your browser (vimeo.com/help/faq/using_the_vimeo_website#browsers) and disable extensions (vimeo.com/help/faq/using_the_vimeo_website#disable_extensions).

====================

STILL HAVING TROUBLE?

Here's what our Support Team needs to know:

(1) The links to the video page(s) in question. Private video links are okay.

(2) The exact wording of any error message(s) you receive. Links to screenshots are encouraged.

(3) A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the troubleshooting steps you've already tried (so we don't ask you to repeat anything).

Please contact us via email: vimeo.com/help/contact.

JuAN LÓPEZ

JuAN LÓPEZ Plus

I uploaded two HD videos within the same week, i underestand that the second one is showed in SD because of my basic member account but, my question is, if i replace it one week later for the HD version it will appear in HD or i must upload a new one with no replacements?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

You have three options that will enable this video to appear in HD:

1. Wait until your quota resets, then re-upload or replace your video that you'd like to appear in HD.

2. Delete the HD video from this week, then re-upload or replace the video that you'd like to appear in HD.

3. Upgrade to Vimeo Plus, which allows for unlimited HD uploads. Learn more at: vimeo.com/plus

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

JuAN LÓPEZ

JuAN LÓPEZ Plus

thank u very much Zena, you're an angel!

How I know when my quota resets?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Your quota will reset on Monday, September 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM EST.

Center for Media & Health

Center for Media & Health Plus

Hi there,
I've uploaded a video last thursday and am still waiting for 'conversion to begin shortly '!
I've tried replacing the video, but that didn't work.
Could you please check if I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance, Hester

Link: vimeo.com/74370703

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Hester, sorry to hear you're having trouble! Did you see any error messages when uploading this video? If so, could you please let me know what the error said?

Center for Media & Health

Center for Media & Health Plus

Hi Zena,
no error massages! It uploaded just fine.
I did notice that during uploading the percentage was set back a couple of times e.g. from 78% back to 37%.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Hester, that's strange — our logs show that an error should have been displayed during upload, instead of completing successfully.

To see if this issue is recurring, could you please try deleting this clip (you can do so in the clip settings page), then re-uploading the same file to Vimeo? Let me know how that turns out.

Thanks!

Third CRC Kalamazoo

Third CRC Kalamazoo Plus

The video uploaded last week Sep 10 does not have any audio after the 25 min point. I've checked the rendered mp4 file and there is sound for the entire video. Thanks for your assistance on this. File referenced below.

Link: vimeo.com/74146712

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your video. Unfortunately, we can't examine your original source file because it has already been removed from our servers. Please re-upload your video (you can use the "Replace" feature in your video settings), so we can take a closer look.

I would also recommend selecting the "Keep my source video files" option in your Settings, under the Videos tab. This will ensure that your source files are not removed and can be accessed at any time.

Please let me know once your video has been re-uploaded so we can take another look. Thanks!

Joseph Lorigo

Joseph Lorigo Plus

I have uploaded 3 videos today and all have had a "processing error" message on their thumbnail. I tried one twice and realized that it was vimeo wants 640x480 (it was 720x486) so I re-exported it at 640x480 and tried again. Not sure why this one isn't working. Thanks in advance!

Link: vimeo.com/74696304

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Joseph, the reason your videos are failing conversion is because you are using a codec that Vimeo does not support (AAC LD). Please re-encode your videos using AAC-LC (recommended) or another audio codec.

If you need help encoding your video according to our Compression Guidelines, please see the video tutorials listed on the right side of this page: vimeo.com/help/compression

APLUSFILMZ

APLUSFILMZ PRO

Hello, our last upload has not started the converting process. It's been about an hour and I need to send this video out to a client. Any help is appreciated

Link: vimeo.com/74862656

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, it looks like your video is up and running now! Sorry for any delay.

Christopher Reed

Christopher Reed

Hi, I've just uploaded a vid straight from imovies 1280x720p same as my other vids, It said it had generated the HD version but I'm not getting the HD option on the player?

Thanks, Chris

Link: vimeo.com/74764552

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Christopher, I see the HD version showing up for that video. Are you still not seeing it?

Christopher Reed

Christopher Reed

Hi yes thanks for getting back to me. When I checked this morning it was there. It just took a bit of time to appear.

Cheers, Chris

Ardhi Skip

Ardhi Skip

hey, my video is in the state of processing for some time now? can you guys check it out and see if i should re-upload? or is this normal? here's the link to my video : vimeo.com/74782733

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Ardhi, looks like you were able to re-uploading and get your video working. Sorry for the trouble the first time around!

Luiz Lyra

Luiz Lyra PRO

Alguém falando em português comigo? Preciso renovar a minha conta, como faço.
Abc,
Luiz Lyra

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, unfortunately, we can only offer support in English. For questions concerning your Vimeo account, please contact us using the form at vimeo.com/help/contact. Thank you!

TabbFORUM

TabbFORUM PRO

Hi guys, I've uploaded a video provided to me by another Vimeo user - downloaded the mp4 file directly from Vimeo and reloaded it into our system but it won't convert - any ideas? we'd love to post this today if possible! vimeo.com/74864262 - thank you!

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey there, sorry for any delay in conversion! Your file is up and running now :)

Monica

Monica

Is it normal to have to wait over 3 hours to upload a 2 minute video? I'm uploading something for a class and this is beyond frustrating seeing as there is really nothing showing me my progress. vimeo.com/74896491

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Monica, the amount of time a video takes to upload will depend on the size of the file and the speed of your Internet connection. If you feel you have experiencing lower than average upload speeds, please contact us using the form at vimeo.com/help/contact so we can troubleshoot in greater detail.

Greg Kay

Greg Kay

I have a friend sending me a hd video but a when I try and open link it states
"Unable to locate", but he can view from the same link.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Greg,

That's because your friend is an opted-out PRO member. His videos will not be viewable on Vimeo.com. Ask him to send you a Review Page link instead!

Greg Kay

Greg Kay

Do you have an example of what that link should look like. He has sent me several that he states is what Vimeo is sending him.
Thank you for your help
Greg

Greg Kay

Greg Kay

Here is the link he is getting from Vimeo and sending to me. I think it is the wrong format.

Link: vimeo.com/74877067

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.