Rick Cornett

Rick Cornett PRO

I have 12 videos currently on Vimeo. I'd like to embed all 12 videos onto my website, but I'd like to house all 12 videos into a single player with all 12 listed on the right-hand side of the player, like the player on the Vimeo website. Is this option available with Vimeo Plus, I don't see any mention of it. Thanks!

Mike Hutcherson

Mike Hutcherson Plus

not an option. yet.

I saw on an other thread, widgets that could do what Rick was looking for are something that is being talked about and may be available in the future. right?

sorry Dan my "yet" was a bit cryptic.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

oh ha ha. I don't really seeing us offering this at any point soon.

Mike Hutcherson

Mike Hutcherson Plus

shame, i think its something a lot of people would like and use. Having a flexible and customizable widget/video player to display and archive multiple video on their own websites, it's not something we have much choice in at the moment. i was under the impression it was somthing that may be in the works.

vimeo.com/forums/topic:12948
vimeo.com/forums/topic:13054
vimeo.com/forums/topic:11656
vimeo.com/forums/topic:13419
vimeo.com/forums/topic:9555
vimeo.com/forums/topic:17280

i could keep going.

Patrick

Patrick

Hi Brad,
I tried to download the example and simply copy and paste to my website. Looks like that my wordpress does not recognize PHP. What happened? Can u tell me? BTW, I am very new to PHP.

Washington Sports Network

Washington Sports Network

i would like this too, the ability for the widget to launch in a embedded player (video plays on the site, not on vimeo site).

Erik Beyer

Erik Beyer

Wait, this is why I paid for Plus.... for an embeddable player for all of my videos. If this is not the case, I will request a refund and go with crappy Youtube. At least I can have a player on my site. I like the quality and aesthetics of your stuff here, Vimeo, but I need a player!

Edge

Edge

If you are making your own website (you can write using code), then there are many different ways to play multiple videos on one page.

Here is one example using all Vimeo videos: acebasketball.com/players/mcdaniel_xylina/videos/2009_1211-svg.htm

This one uses a lightbox effect: asiadozier.com/videos.htm It is actually called fancybox.

This one uses tabs: edgesz28.com/edgesz28/embedmediaplayer-ajaxtabs.htm

All use css and javascript with separate html pages for each video. The separate html page is where the embedded code is located, set to autoplay.

Ed

Mike C

Mike C

Edge, these implementations are very nice!! Did you create these?

Rodlie Ortiz

Rodlie Ortiz

Please add a decent video player like what Rick C is mentioning. I'm on the hunt for a place where we can do this. If Vimeo doesn't add it, unfortunately I'll go with the best place that I can find that does. Please add that feature!!!

Q-WINNER

Q-WINNER Plus

Maybe the Hubnut could be more streamlined - or there could be another hubnut with a playlist next to a video - a "clean" design would be nice - or one could be allowed to embedd an entire album to a website - in the same way an album looks in Vimeo.

wise visions

wise visions

Is there a solution similar to the YouTube gallery for Vimeo? I can't believe this hasn't been considered yet and this thread is 1 year old.

Hubnut keeps telling me "There was a problem loading the player"

DJ Quietstorm

DJ Quietstorm

...ahem...YES PLEASE...

After being spoiled by a string of absolutely perfect experiences with the customer support crews at Licorize, Tumblr, Last.fm, and Bitspace, the way Vimeo is representing themselves here on their support forums is almost hard for me to believe. You got customers up here asking specific, simple-to-answer questions, and in some of these threads they sit there for a year without a reply.

Someone needs to step up and turn their mic on -- say "no" or "yes" or whatever, but acting like you didn't hear the question is just ridiculous.

Grrr, now where's my coffee?

Scot Stafford

Scot Stafford Plus

I have been waiting for this for nearly two years... either Hubnut v2.0 with more customization, or an alternative to Hubnut. HTML5 would be nice too. Features I think people would love:
- customize default 4 second wait between videos (on/off; decrease/increase)
- optional column to right of player window with playlist (text or thumbnail) so user can easily skip around

Moving Box Studios

Moving Box Studios PRO

Any word on when this will be happening. Really really need this feature. Thanks!

Moving Box Studios

Moving Box Studios PRO

I am looking for the exact same thing Scot Stafford mentioned above. A player with a playlist to the right with thumbs, so people can skip around easily on my web site. I want it to be powered by vimeo, but have been following this thread for months and haven't seen any progress on this issue. Please address or add this function as I can assure you more people will utilize this function if offered..PLEASE and THANK YOU!

Moving Box Studios

Moving Box Studios PRO

Oh and one that would display video details would be amazing as well. A fully featured vimeo web widget player that was a little more fleshed out would be a slam dunk and would most certainly make us members for life. Thanks!

Matt Mena-Landry

Matt Mena-Landry

I just signed up as a pro user and this is the kind of functionality that I would expect. If it can't happen, I'm going to consider canceling my account...so sad.

Q-WINNER

Q-WINNER Plus

At least it´s good to hear, that there is going to be a new hubnut - with playlist and player - just hope it will be in the near future

Ouellet Canada

Ouellet Canada

An approximate date for Hubnet 2.0 please?

Thanks!

Eric Scott Brownrout

Eric Scott Brownrout

Interested as well. A cleaner, more functional player would be amazing. cheers

john bradshaw

john bradshaw

I assume the lack of a snazzy multiple playlist feature in the basic Vimeo service is because it encourages users to opt for the paid version. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it seems impossible to get Vimeo url's recognised by third party players. Would be useful though. Pretty please?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We don't have any playlist feature that's only available to our plus members.

john bradshaw

john bradshaw

Fair enough. I'll sign up for Plus.
Thanks
jb

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi John,

I think you misunderstood. We don't have a feature like that at all, even for Plus members. We also do not support or allow the use of third-party players.

BMZ TV

BMZ TV Plus

I have also been waiting for a good, clean player that I can embedd in my website....

Carlos Mosqueda

Carlos Mosqueda

Why no use Javascript or jQuery to create a list, stick all you URL's of your videos or the new iFrame videos inside your list or div tags. That can create a list of the upcoming videos, make thumbs and do that.
There is no embedded player that I know of like Brad said there is no player list. jQuery may be your only hope for now.
Vimeo videos may have to be manually stopped on the next video click, unless we can access the stop function for the player via Javascript.
That is what we are going to do. It will be written in Umbraco CMS but the basics will be jQuery. A little bit of manual labor to actually enter all the embed codes for the players, but it will work without having to wait for the peeps at Vimeo to do it.

Will try to whip one up and share it here if anyone is interested.

FishbuzzTV

FishbuzzTV

I just read through this 2+ yr old thread and cannot believe I've paid for Pro and this ridiculously basic function is not available?!?! I would have never done so had i known...guess that's what i get for assuming! Regardless, YouTube has had this feature available (for FREE) for years. I've used a number of other services such as Sorenson 360 and they have this feature available too. I paid for Vimeo PRO, but must say I will NOT renew my account if there is not a solution for this in the near future!! The absence of being able to embed a playlist player on our websites is absurd. My company produces & manage our clients video libraries on their website, and your current widgets are not plausible for many applications.

Calvary Houston

Calvary Houston PRO

I am beginning to Agree. Now that time restrictions and limits have been removed on youtube, thinking of going that direction.

Dr. John Westerdahl

Dr. John Westerdahl Plus

Vimeo! PLEASE come up with a multi-video, thumbnail scroller Player already!!! I also paid for Plus. THANK YOU

HeartDrive Production Aps

HeartDrive Production Aps

Dear Vimeo, I'm really missing the function.
multiplayer video player was the reason I became a pro member
thanks

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but as we stated above we do not have this feature yet. May I ask why you got the impression that PRO offered this feature?

endle

endle

I think because you wrote in a previous comment: "We don't have any playlist feature that's only available to our plus members."

This sort of looks like it says "We don't have any playlist feature.... that's only available to our plus members."

Easy to misread that.

endle

endle

I am working on a WordPress website for someone that does a feature similar to what people are asking for..if there is enough interest I can create a theme...

Mike C

Mike C

Endle, are you using Vimeo Pro for the website you're working on?

endle

endle

Yes. The website I did this for uses Vimeo Pro. Here is a link to what I came up with:
reeleyesmedia.com
Looking back I would have done a few things differently, but it works and has a very nice back-end for adding videos.
I can probably trim it down to a bare-bones WordPress theme and post it for everyone

endle

endle

Thanks Jeff. I still want to turn that theme into a generic WordPress theme with all of the functionality available..that way people can install it and customize it how they like. I just need some time to hammer out the code to make it easy to install (right now there are a lot of manual tweaks that have to be done to get it set up)

Gradient Positioning Systems

Gradient Positioning Systems PRO

endle, any idea if you will do this? if not, is it possible to perhaps get the code you use to do it?

i've got at least 10-15 sites in Wordpress that need a solution like this right now, and more coming. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Life Stage Films

Life Stage Films Plus

To all who are complaining about needing a gallery solution - there is a GREAT solution out there for you. I'm using it on the new Life Stage Films site and it's great.

It's called Tubepress - get it at Tubepress.org.

Mike C

Mike C

I'm still considering Pro to be able to sell online DVD viewing, but in order to preserve the DVD viewing experience, the user should be able to click on chapter titles, i.e. some sort of scrolling playlist...

Screen Innovations

Screen Innovations PRO

guys, please get an embed playlist feature! if you can make it visible on all platforms i.e. iphone, ipad, etc it would be the best.

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

I recently made an add-on for the Vimeo player that shows a carousel (playlist) beneath the player. I thought it might be of interest to some in this thread. It's open source, free and pretty easy to setup. luwes.co/labs/vimeo-carousel/

Media Haze

Media Haze Plus

Wesley, thanks for this. Very helpful. Here's a challenge for you: can you make this player function even if videos are password protected? The player doesn't seem to load if you have password protection on your videos. Thanks!

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

Sorry for the late response. This is not possible at the moment. The script uses the simple data api and to access private video data would require the advanced api with oAuth and server side processing...

Jake

Jake

Thank you Wesley. I'm planning on using your add on when I redesign my portfolio website. It seems easier for me to upload all my videos on vimeo and just have one player on a page rather than multiple in a column. This looks much more user friendly to both the viewer and uploader.

WATERPROOF PICTURES

WATERPROOF PICTURES PRO

Hi Jake, I have a portfolio website as well, as was hoping to use this plugin. Do you use APhotoFolio, and if so do you know if this plugin works on it?

Thanks!

Morgan

John

John

i also need this options, i would like to play 2 video, the 2nd video need to pay automatically after the 1st one is done, can we do this? or any help..? thanks, John

Composer Nicola Renshaw

Composer Nicola Renshaw

Wesley, great add - hope to use also...thanks! Is it possible to have a carousel feature integrated with the continuous play idea, so the list repeats whilst thumbnails remain on display enabling the user to override by manual selection? I'm no expert so ask only in hope! cheers Nicola

Media Haze

Media Haze Plus

Nicola, I think if you make the autoplay = true in the carousel code, then the user can override the autoplay of the player above.

ProEdge Skills, Inc.

ProEdge Skills, Inc. PRO

I have used the solution and it looks great. Much better than the hubnut. Thank you Wes!

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz

These are great players and features and so simple to implement! Thank you so much!!!!

KidWind Project

KidWind Project

I wrote my own player because I didn't like the widgets. It uses html, css and jQuery. This also uses a javascript technique by Lance from stack overflow to retrieve the vimeo thumbnails. LMK if it works for you. Send questions to ryedlin(at)gmail.com.

Link: kwind.me/dev/vimeo_group.html

-rob
KidWind Project

Shan

Shan Plus

I agree - I'm a plus member and can't believe this isn't available! Come on Vimeo - be the best!

RDTV Network

RDTV Network PRO

@Wesley - What about an option to automatically go into full screen when the video plays? Can this be added?

Thanks and your a life saver. I can't believe this isn't currently available from VImeo.

ceasar

ceasar

Just update my version with a continues slideshow

Check example one and three

Link: cfcms.nl/vimeo/

YWAM Mazatlan

YWAM Mazatlan Plus

@Wesley,

Thanks so much for your player! I also want to set it up so it goes full-screen, how can I add that option?

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

Hey guys!

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it. I think going fullscreen automatically on video play is not possible. It would require some changes in the core Vimeo player where we don't have access to.

David Peniston

David Peniston

Hey Wesley,
is there any way to change the size/position of the arrows for the thumbnails? Also is there a way to have the title of the video that is playing show up underneath the player? Thank you so much for your script, it has been super helpful!

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

Yes, you can change the size and position of the arrows by overriding the CSS.

a#player_carousel_navleft { font-size: 30px; }

The CSS line above will make the left arrow larger.
(the arrows are rendered like text)

The title beneath the player seems like a much requested feature and will be possible in a few weeks, it requires a new plugin.

christina logan

christina logan

Hi Wesley,
Thank you so much for providing (along with the other people and their help!). I am horrible at all this embedding stuff, don't know css but am desperately trying to make it work for me and figure it out since vimeo doesn't provide their own version of a playlist. What I can see from when I plugged in my own user vimeo code into the carousel is that it selected about 20 of my videos. A great start, but I would love your guidance on how do I select specific videos to put into the player? I can't seem to figure out where I plug this info in. And how I hide of my name, the title, vimeo, etc (which I know how to do if I'm just grabbing the regular embed code). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you! Christina

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

Thanks Christina! Selecting specific videos is fairly simple, just enter the video urls in the place where you enter the user url (comma separated). I have setup a jsFiddle for you: jsfiddle.net/luwes/x3sTv/

The urls array can contain one or more: video URL, user URL, channel URL, group URL

christina logan

christina logan

This was so helpful for me :) I realized it was probably simple (since no one else asked!!), but as I'm still learning this stuff I didn't want to screw it up. Also, I saw that you were able to change the size of the navigation buttons, but is it possible to change the color? I'm so sorry, I know you didn't sign up to give free tutorials :/ Thank you!!

Dave Dugdale

Dave Dugdale Plus

Wesley, this works great! Thanks for much for creating this. However I have one issue, when I add just one video that I have declared in the settings as "Hide this video from Vimeo.com" none of the videos within the carousel pull up once I add that one to the list in the script. Have any suggestions on how to get around that?

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

@Dave Sorry, private videos can't be shown in the carousel. More info:
github.com/luwes/vimeowrap.js/issues/1

@Neal My website and the script files are hosted on Github, the hosting probably went down for a while which caused the script to fail. Status can be seen here: status.github.com/

(It is also possible to host the script files yourself)

Recite Films

Recite Films PRO

This thread has been so helpful!!! I can't believe Vimeo don't offer an all encompassing video player with scrolling thumbnails for PRO account holders to embed in their own websites. Looks like I paid a lot of money to add my logo to my videos!

David Peniston

David Peniston

Thank you so much Wesley, I look forward to the title plugin!

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

Sorry for the long wait. It's coming soon. I hope to have it ready early november. The plugin is called Info Box and besides the title, it is possible to have a bunch of other information from the video beneath the player. Description, author, image of author, #plays, #likes, #comments, ...

Progress can be followed on my Github page: github.com/luwes/vimeowrap.js

PeriwinklePapi

PeriwinklePapi Plus

Forgive the rookie question here but how do I get this to work with iFrames?

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

A free scrollable playlist add-on for Vimeo Wrap is on the loose.
It features a uniform scrollbar across browsers and is touch enabled for mobile devices.

Link: luwes.co/labs/vimeo-playlist/

Daniel Hicks

Daniel Hicks

This playlist is fantastic Wesley.
Do you know if it can work with on demand videos in a pro account?

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

I'm not sure Daniel. I don't have a pro account so I can't test it.
If it requires the same embed code as a regular video it should work.

GHP

GHP

MAD PROPS, WESLEY!!!!! This kicks ace! Where's the tip jar??

GHP

GHP

... a near future responsive Vimeo multi-player would make the happiest man alive! Happy Holidays, everyone!

Mimi Productions Chicago Video

Mimi Productions Chicago Video PRO

Wesley you are the man. I have spent days trying to figure this out....unfortunately our site is built with Drupal and there is not many plugins available like there are for Wordpress and I am more of a front end maintainer than a coder. And we have no time or money to change over our site to Workpress Thank you thank you!

And shame on you vimeo for not offering this for your Pro members. Hub Nut itsugly.

Ply Gem Industries, Inc

Ply Gem Industries, Inc PRO

Wesley, Is there a way to have your player work with hidden/private videos? We do not wish to enable 'Community Pass', this seems to be required to get your player to work?

Thanks!

Wesley Luyten

Wesley Luyten

Sorry, private videos will not work. They require the advanced Vimeo API with server side processing to get oAuth working. It's almost impossible for me to put that in a client side only application. Cheers

SailFlix

SailFlix PRO

Thanks Wesley for your playlist and other plugins. We need a similar capability for PRO, especially for selling On Demand titles. Vimeo, please listen to your PRO customers and give them the playlist player they want.

SailFlix

SailFlix PRO

There are over 140 comments in this thread dating back 4 years. I reiterate the need for Vimeo to create its own simple playlist player as many Pro users and others have requested in this feature request forum. Playlist players are a standard on just about every other video platform and it's very difficult to understand why Vimeo ignores it's user's request for this common and very handy player design.

Sevarkodiyon

Sevarkodiyon

Hi,

I want to play only two specific videos in my website . Does Vimeo has widget for this?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.