Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Ok so if you still aren't seeing your mobile videos try this-

Go to the settings on one of your videos on your phone, turn off the mobile option, save, turn on the mobile option, and save again. Give that a shot.

PLEASE NOTE-

-Only Plus users have mobile versions of their videos available.

-Private videos are not available in mobile format

-Embeds are not currently available in mobile format.

COE at UNM

COE at UNM PRO

when clicking on vimeo.com/m from my blackberry, my phone browser enters into this weird, never-ending cycle of page-loading and reloading..... help! We have a lot of videos that we need mobile versions of!

Hopewell Residential

Hopewell Residential PRO

I have two short videos less than 5 minutes each. It is over 48 hours ago that I checked the mobile radio button inside of my PLUS admin panel.

Every time I have hit my video on the mobile vimeo site over the last 48 hours I get the allowing message:

"Mobile versions of your videos are being made right now, check back here later!"

I have just tried the advice at the top of this page to disable mobile, save and then re enable mobile and save again. Will wait and see if that works.

One of the videos is embedded her hawkslanding.ca/video and the other one has been turned private. I will try back in a couple hours to see if the enable disable worked but if not I need some help from the staff.

Thanks in advance.

Link: Www.hawkslanding.ca/video

Mark

Mark Staff

I'll try to push this through for you right now.

Mark

Mark Staff

They should be all there now!

FlyBoy

FlyBoy

My video's run perfectly on iPhones when I move them to youtube. Bye bye vimeo.

FlyBoy

FlyBoy

Make sure that every single video here will run on an iPhone and I'll be back :)

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry, but there are no current plans to extend this capability to basic members.

Tom Parker

Tom Parker Plus

I'm confused by this discussion. I'm a basic member and if I visit my video on my iPhone it plays fine. Other people go there, and there's no "mobile version." I get Vimeo charging for additional uploads, additional transcoding, and the like.

But are you also arbitrarily blocking mobile browsers even if they support the standard transcode already present via my basic account? Where no "mobile version" is needed?

Bahadır Benli

Bahadır Benli

Hello,
I have a smart phone with Bada OS. But with the default internet browser when I enter vimeo.com/m/ it redirects me to vimeo.com
Therefore I cannot watch any videos.
Any idea?

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry, but we don't support Bada OS.

Bahadır Benli

Bahadır Benli

Is this all you have got to say?

Thank you very much I fixed the problem myself.
I can visit vimeo.com/m/ with Opera Mini Browser.

Yet, I still don't understand why we have to be redirected to the main site and cannot use the mobile site.

Also I don't think it is too difficult to make the adjustments for any browser not to redirect to the main site. It's not like you have to create an application.

Mark

Mark Staff

We officially support iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and Palm OS devices currently. We plan to extend support in the future.

Tom Parker

Tom Parker Plus

So I've tested and I guess I've answered my own question -- yes, it appears Vimeo blocks mobile clients for iPhones and the like even where no mobile version is necessary.

I hope you guys will revisit this disappointing decision. The "mobile" distinction is going to become increasingly arbitrary. Already, it looks like you block an iPhone unless someone's opted for Plus account and "mobile version" but display the regular video for an iPad, even though they're running the same OS.

Where does an Android-based tablet fall? What screen size ceases to be mobile? Given your handling of iOS, it's apparently somewhere between 3.5" and 10".

Everything about Vimeo is better than YouTube -- except the fact that I have no idea whether my video will play (correction -- be allowed to play) when I send someone a link. As OS options expand, tablets proliferate and Internet connections become ubiquitous, this kind of distinction is going to increasingly frustrate people.

Hugh Peachey

Hugh Peachey Plus

Hi, I have a Vimeo plus account but when i type in vimeo.com/m on my computer is goes to vimeo.com.
I then go to "my videos" but i can't seem to fine the section "Generate Mobile Videos" ?
Any ideas on what I'm not doing?

Mark

Mark Staff

The mobile site (vimeo.com/m) is only accessible via mobile devices, you can't see it on your computer. Also, it looks like you already have mobile versions for all your videos.

Stephen Moh

Stephen Moh Plus

Hi, it seems that only non-private video gets the mobile version. However, as I need the password protection for my video, is there anyway I can set my video to mobile version and yet protected by password? My priorty is password protection over mobile version. Wonder if I can have them both. Thank you very much.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Sorry but password protected video are not mobile compatible right now.

BagpipeLessons.com

BagpipeLessons.com Plus

Hi-

I have a video set to "Hide this video from vimeo.com" and to embed only on an approved site (private blog). It is not password protected.

Everything works great, except I can't get it to view on my iPhone. Can you help me?

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

I am getting a blank (white) screen with nothing happening (loading, waiting, etc - nothing) for any video that I know has a mobile version.

I am a PLUS member and have many videos that I had created mobile versions for (and have watched previously), but now, nothing. I see my home page for my account, the screen shots of the videos, but when I click on them to play, it goes to the vimeo.com/m/#/videonumber screen which is blank.

Can you please help me?! One is important for a client. I put that one in the link below. video plays fine online but NO mobile versions of any of my videos are showing up (and that's on 3 iPhone 3GS phone and one Blackberry, not just mine.) thank you -

Link: vimeo.com/archwaycreative/pratt

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi, we're aware of this issue and are currently working right now on a fix. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Umm - it's been that for a bit and I've just posted it, so how fast is "right now?!" The nonprofit has a membership drive focused on that video and it was supposed to go out TONIGHT. Sigh.

Mark

Mark Staff

I believe this has been fixed now.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Hi Mark - Yes, that issue is fixed now - great, thanks!

But, now I have another issue - when I access the video link I originally posted vimeo.com/archwaycreative/pratt - it plays on my mobile phone just fine. Looks perfect, acts perfect.

OK, now - that video is also posted on another account - we were waiting to see if all this worked out to establish a separate account for the nonprofit. The video is at:
vimeo.com/19746445

I upgraded that account to PLUS as well. And, I created a mobile version. But when I try to access that video on my iphone, it shows the "page" for the video - looks great and no white screen, all the text and Vimeo options are there - but there is a "cannot play" graphic over the video, rendering it unplayable when I try to access it on my phone.

I need it the mobile version to work, obviously - can you please help with this? We delayed the email for our membership last night to be sure the mobile version was resolved - and now we still can't send it. :-(

Thanks (and I do want to say thank you for resolving the other issue quickly) -

Link: vimeo.com/19746445

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like the mobile version was only queued 16 minutes ago. It can take some time for this to be generated.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Oops - we crossed posts - mine below. How long is "some time"? It's only a 5 min video?

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

It might take a little while longer, sorry, it depends on traffic.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Argh. is there any average "little while longer" here? I can't wait days here - is there any way to expedite? we have a huge fundraising campaign hinging on it and the original problem (which wasn't reported anywhere that I saw) already created delays. please - if there is any way to help. It's only more visibility for vimeo, right?! :-)

Mark

Mark Staff

It wont take days. Hours at most. As Sam said, this is totally dependent on traffic load and unfortunately we can't really give a fair estimate.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

It's been 8 hours. Still no mobile version. Getting nervous - we pushed back until wee hours of tonight but this has to happen. It's sort of ridiculous to pay for PLUS and get the sped up processing for a video that's uploaded and the ability to make a mobile version of a video, but then wait some long, undetermined amount of time to actually have the mobile version LIVE!

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like it's there now! Sorry for the wait.

Archway Creative

Archway Creative

Here is the link of that screen (I PDF'ed it from my mobile phone) - bit.ly/fUYlWJ

I desperately need that mobile video to play -

thank you -

Crosspointe

Crosspointe

hi i'm having trouble setting up my website to work with i os devices i think i messed up the embed code trying to get it to embed at the "correct" demintions (for a computer that is) but it works fine on android but not on I OS devices (ipod,iphone,ipad,ect) i cant figure out why ps i even cant even get it to work on vimeos site can anyone plz tell me what i'm doing wrong thanks

Link: xpointe.net/sermons.html

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi, your video plays on my iPhone. Can you try clearing the cache and cookies on any of your iOS devices and try again?

Crosspointe

Crosspointe

cool thanks
I don't have one (i will ask my friend)
was it the one embedded on my site, or the one on vimeo that worked for you?
thanks for you help i will report back soon

Crosspointe

Crosspointe

another friend just tried it on his i pad and it worked just fine i guess the problem was on his individual i pod (i'll give him your tips next time i see him)
thanks for all the help (this is why i like vimeo)

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay great, let us know if you need any further assistance :)

Geoff Boothby

Geoff Boothby PRO

Hey, I know this is a thread of people asking for help, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work and speedy replies.

I found the answers to my questions by scanning this thread, I set up mobile versions of all my videos to play on my site yesterday, and by today they all work.
It's totally awesome, I love the player, it was a total thrill to watch them on my phone this morning.

So thanks to all you guys who are working to make cool features like mobile videos work, and for taking the time to help all of us get them working on our sites quickly. You rock!

Mark

Mark Staff

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know, Geoff! We appreciate it greatly :)

zite.com

zite.com

Hey,

First want to say thanks for a great service! One comment, I had a hard time figuring out how to convert my videos into a mobile version. I went to vimeo.com/m and it redirected me to vimeo.com/m/#/featured and there was no link to my videos. I took a shot in the dark and when to vimeo.com/m/#/myvideos and that actually worked (videos are in the process of being converted). The docs make it sound a lot easier :).

Thanks!
ttyl
Dima

amoeba

amoeba Plus

Hi guys Ive got random issues on a few devices, ive reset cache/cookies etc.

I have just noticed that all my videos on my site, are not displaying in the right position and also NOT playing at all whilst viewing on an IPAD??

I used the new code months ago all fine, NOW viewing on an ipad over 90 videos are not playing and also not displaying within the layer, within the frame they are coded in.

All my videos sit inside "div id layers" within a frameset
to fit within a design. The videos played fine when i built the site, and i just noticed today that they are ALL doing this?

Can anyone help me on this problem.

ALL of the videos now jump to the top left of the screen and refuse to load and don't play?.

I have checked this through another ipad software browser called "browser" and it is exactly the same.

and on a couple of ipads and phones all with similar issues and no show videos?

Many thanks in advance for any help on this confusing issue guys. it could be frames? it could be layers? again any help would ease some confusion ; )

ipad 4.2+iphone 4.2

/hagbard

Link: theestateovcreation.co.uk

Springdance

Springdance

Hi,

Upgraded to Plus account some days ago. Just now uploaded vimeo.com/21009986 promo and embedded it on homepage on my ning site: springdance.ning.com/ Then tried watching it on my mobile (HTC Desire HD) and I get a warning (yellow triangle with exclamation mark in it)

Would very much like to know what to do. Tried uploading through Youtube and this works fine. Like Vimeo better though ^_^

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hello! Looks like you're not using the correct embed code. Please insert the iframe embed code we provide.

Springdance

Springdance

It works!

feeling a bit silly now as solution was that simple....thx a million Mark!

Dr. Bruce

Dr. Bruce

honestly, i just found out that my videos (free membership) wont play on modern phones ... what a bummer. friendly goodbye as I transfer them to youtube, sorry duders.

Mark

Mark Staff

This feature should be available soon!

Mark

Mark Staff

This is a limitation of Tumblr's site. They show that message for video posts regardless of whether or not the embed actually requires Flash.

They're aware of the issue, but we don't know when they will fix it.

Nigel Turnbull

Nigel Turnbull

A couple of days ago, I pressed the button to convert all my videos to mobile phone. Is there soemwhere that tells me -- this video has been converted for mobile phone ?
I usually use H264 but my last video was WMV9 HD. Is that a problem for mobile phones ?

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi Nigel, sorry, but the only way to test if the mobile versions have been created is to try viewing them on a mobile device? Are you still having trouble viewing your videos on a mobile device?

Nigel Turnbull

Nigel Turnbull

mmm — I don't have a mobile device. I wanted my videos to be available to those who do — so I was looking for a thumbs-up icon next to each video saying "this vid is mobile ready".
Can I upload WMV without causing problems for mobile phones ?

Pomme-Grenade

Pomme-Grenade

Hello, I very recently upgraded to vimeo plus so that I could make all my videos mobile compatible. I read the FAQ and it told there would be a "Generate Mobile Videos" button as well as a checkbox in the settings. I didn't see said button, so I checked the box in my settings, but now, how do I know if my videos are being converted or if they're mobile ready?

EDIT: Will I be advised if there was a problem during the conversion?

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you found it, your videos are currently in queue for conversion. There's no notification but if you check back in a few hours they should be playable on mobile devices.

Date Hotter Girls

Date Hotter Girls PRO

Hey guys, whenever I try to link directly to my video (vimeo.com/23003962), the link does not show up on my blackberry browser.

Instead a loading screen flashes for a bit, and then takes me to what looks like the home screen. However, if i look into my browser history and go back, it then plays the video perfectly.

What is the link that I should give to blackberry users so they can go directly to the page where they can press play on my video without doing any browser Jujitsu?

Also, when i try to link to the mobile site link (vimeo.com/m/2300396) it just gives me a white screen with tiled screens from the video.
Thanks in advance

Link: vimeo.com/m/23003962

Mark

Mark Staff

Hey Robert, sorry but we don't support Blackberry at this time.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.