Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

Do you have a trailer for a movie you’ve made? Or a faux trailer for a movie you dream of making someday? If so check out the International Movie Trailer Festival, which has just launched a contest for movie trailers in all genres.

A jury of industry pros—including Scott Rosenfelt (producer of MYSTIC PIZZA)—will choose the $5,000 Grand Prize winner. The jury will also award a $1,000 prize for the best trailer for a produced movie and a $1,000 prize for the best trailer for a movie not yet shot. ((The Coen brothers made that kind of preproduction trailer to raise money for their first feature BLOOD SIMPLE.)

Other prizes include:
* a $1000 People’s Choice Award (determined by online voting)
* a $500 award for the best student entry
* a $500 award for the best song or sound track
* monthly “surprise prizes” for creative and technical achievements

From now until the Festival closes in September all entries will be posted online where they can be seen friends, fans, and potential allies.

A Best of the Festival reel will be shown online and at real-world festivals.

You can find more details about the contest plus the online entry form at internationalmovietrailerfestival.com where you can download a free copy of MOVIEMAKING ILLUSTRATED.

You may also enter this contest at Withoutabox.com.

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

We have now received trailers from five countries: Canada, England, Japan, New Zealand, and the U.S.

We'd love to have entries from India and China, so if you have moviemaking friends there, please let them know about our contest.

Thanks.

Murray

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

IMTF's first monthly "surprise prize" went to Dilated for the most unusual location. You can see the trailer at imtf.biz--go to Trailers and enter "Dilated."

Still plenty of time for you to enter this contest and gets lots of exposure for your work.

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

When IMTF's trailer contest is over, we're going to produce a "best of the fest" reel titled Preview Your Dreams. This 60-minute movie will play at many festivals around the world. Here's the teaser: vimeo.com/13475483

There's still time to enter the contest with your trailer for a movie that's been made or trailer for a movie you dream of making.

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

IMTF's deadline has been extended to September 30. Judging begins in early October with winners announced December 1, 2010.

To date we've had entries from 16 countries. These are listed on our website--imtf.biz--on the Updates page.

Although the People's Choice Award voting ends on September 7, most of the major prizes--including the $5,000 grad prize--will be determined by the jury of professional moviemakers.

There's still time to make a faux trailer or to cut a trailer from a movie in production.

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

Max Speed of Canada won the People's Choice Award of $1,000 for his horror trailer "Beautiful Girl."

The submission deadline for the juried part of the competition is September 30. The Grand Prize will received $5,000. There's also a $500 for the best song or sound track, and a $500 prize for the best student entry.

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

We're back with our second trailer competition. Again, the Grand Prize is $5,000.

In addition to trailers for fiction movies and documentaries, we're accepting trailers for web series and for books. DEADLINE: May 31, 2011. You can find the online entry form and other information at internationalmovietrailerfestival.com

In 2010, our Festival attracted 180 trailers from 22 countries. VARIETY wrote a nice piece about us:
variety.com/article/VR1118030277

Last year's $5,000 Grand Prize winner was WHERE MY HEART BEATS, a documentary trailer. The $1,000 People's Choice Award went to BEAUTIFUL GIRL, a trailer for a horror movie not yet produced. You can see all the winners at internationalmovietrailerfestival.com/imtf/index.php/winner/

We look forward to your hearing from you.

MSaadAbbas

MSaadAbbas

heay hi this is the trailer of my movie named Dream
This Movie is on How a person transforms himself from impossible to possible how he changes him self from the state of possible to impossible aal is shown visually.and about what is happening rite now where we see lot of bad things happening in our environment but always ignore it that impact not only us but others also

vimeo.com/23572066

MSaadAbbas

MSaadAbbas

Heay I have Problems with money issue is there something that can happen... for me i am really eager to submit but i dont have money please reply fast

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

The Festival deadline is at the end of tomorrow, June 21. We've had some terrific entries from more than 15 countries and the majority of U.S. states.

But last year, some of our winners came in at the end. So please consider entering your trailer at:

internationalmovietrailerfestival.com/imtf/index.php/entry-form/

If you have questions, email me at info@imtf.biz

Murray
cofounder, IMTF

Kevin Beauchamp

Kevin Beauchamp Plus

What if you've already shot your faux trailer and want to enter it into the competition? Is that a viable possibility?

Yaz

Yaz

Looks like a wonderful contest!

ComboBros

ComboBros Plus

Milan on the Wobble
A counterweight, quickly!
Thoughts, words and artworks on a city more than ever on the wobble

Link: vimeo.com/90000278

Jith Paul

Jith Paul Plus

A Clean Slate - A once promising singer who turned her back on her career due to debilitating stage fright, tries to get back on stage with the help of her friends.
Treepot Media and It's A Keeper Productions present
Beki Lantos, Allison Graham, Julian Doucet and Jonathan Welch in
A Clean Slate
Directed by Jith Paul
Screenplay by Paola Della Malva
Director of Photography Karim Ayari
Sound Nicolas Séguin
Executive Producer Blair Campbell
Producers Paola Della Malva and Jith Paul
Featuring Original Music by North Easton (My Favourite Tragedy), Reel Eyes and Beki Lantos
More information: mulliganshouseband.com

vimeo.com/95593292

Also in 4K here: youtu.be/vCqPPy5bptA

Rajeev Chhibber

Rajeev Chhibber

I am not that kind of Girl
A beautiful yet tempestuous young woman enters into a relationship with a kindhearted man but tensions build quickly due to a trauma in the woman's past.

Link: vimeo.com/84630798

Shaan

Shaan Plus

Trailer to my short film UnderGod. The story is about how soldiers cope with insanity on the battlefield.

Link: vimeo.com/28482629

Rui Pinto

Rui Pinto

This post is from 2010 and people are still sending links! Eheheh

Murray Suid

Murray Suid Plus

I should have updated this. Sorry. Our fifth annual movie trailer competition will launch September 22, 2014. I will post new details here in a few days.

Drop-Out Cinema

Drop-Out Cinema PRO

here is the trailer to the debut of aleksey igudesman and sebastian leitner:

NOSELAND: THE MOVIE is a humorous ode to the world of classical music and its star musicians. It features great music, the world famous violinist Julian Rachlin (with a nose fetish) and many other top musicians, plus John Malkovich and Roger Moore.

Link: vimeo.com/97821644

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.