Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Please post any questions, feedback, or bugs from the Vimeo iPhone app here.

Update- We have released a new version of the app, for details read here- vimeo.com/blog:406

Another update! This time v 1.0.3 should help with stability

islandertek

islandertek

How can I watch my videos on my "Huawei Ascend 3G" smart phone?? I downloaded the vimeo app and allowed access. I can see all my videos but when I click on the video it says "this video can't be played". Why is that? Is there a setting I need to enable on Vimeo's site itself?? I appreciate your help! Thanks! -Nick

Luís Alves Pinto

Luís Alves Pinto

I still cannot login on Vimeo App. What the hell is going on?

Chris Davis

Chris Davis

I am having the same issue as well. I can login fine and dandy on vimeo.com, but not with the app :/

Sonny Portacio

Sonny Portacio

Same here. Can log in to web page, but iPhone app will not allow me to log in

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Are you sure you didn't rotate the phone after pressing record?

Luc Montpellier

Luc Montpellier Plus

I also have had problems with the video orientation not being correct when recording with the iPhone 4. I record video in landscape mode with counter numbers in the right orientation (which leads me to believe I am recording in the right orientation) but the video appears lengthwise when I upload?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Hello Vimeo! We have released a new version of the app, for details read here- vimeo.com/blog:406

Please note that though we have not replied to every comment in this thread your feedback is very important to us and it helps guide our improvements with further iterations of the app.

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero Plus

First off LOVE IT!!! Congratulations to everyone that put this beautifully designed app together. It is just has gobs of features and can only get better.

Bugs aside and seeing that this is a v.1....

Here is what I feel should be added:
• Superimpose Timecode with Start Time set by user (and/or free run?) (would be great to be able to reference something rather than seconds and minutes)
• Ability to superimpose crop marks on final output
• Ability to access and then trigger music/sound file (and record that sound for even if it is just recording audio from device speaker) for syncing later. This would be great for music videos/lip dub or for simple sound cues
• Ability to import a txt file to scroll some kind of script on screen while recording using the front facing camera
• Storyboard tools (maybe a PRO feature?) like that Cinemek Storyboard Composer app but Vimeo Visioned
• Ability to attach a 35 adapter or adapt PL Lenses
• Need to be able to connect shot gun mic
• Build in a digital IS function

Last 3 were jokes obviously but my apologies if the others sound ridiculous. Just thought that one of these would be a helpful tool for the filmmaker. Vimeo is just bursting with so much resources/help/tools for us and I love to see that in this beautiful app.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Yo Ian, thanks for your feedback. Some of this we could do soon, some can't. Always good to get your opinion though.

Eugenia Loli

Eugenia Loli Plus

[Daniel suggested I repost here the following:]

Thank you for the 1.0.2 iOS version of Vimeo released today. I have two bug reports and a few feature requests. Bugs first:

1. When I try to add one of my videos on a Channel, there are no channels listed. It does list my albums and groups, but not channels (I'm member of 4-5 of them).

2. The video editing app crashes way too easily. I recorded a clip, exported it to Camera Roll, then tried to edit it, and the app crashed. Similar experience with the 1.0.0 version too. I believe the problem might be in small incompatibilities with the iPod Touch 4th Gen -- do you only test with iPhone 4th Gen? If yes, please try the editing thing with the iPod Touch 4th Gen too.

Feature Requests:
On "My Videos":
- Ability to reply to a specific comment.
- Ability to set the downloading of an original file to yes/no.

On Other Videos:
- Ability to read the comments (currently I see no comments on ANY video that's not mine).
- Ability to add/remove a video to a group/channel I'm member of.
- Ability to click on someone's username and see more videos from this user.

Giles Sherwood

Giles Sherwood Plus

update blanked out my recordings. all the video files i shot are now blank with a filesize of 0 and a reported length of 4410592768.0 seconds. eeergh

Jonathan Fegan

Jonathan Fegan

Why does the app need my location to properly read my photo library? I have not seen another app that requires this information to access the media already on my phone. Please fix this.

Matthew Cibulka

Matthew Cibulka Plus

Any update to Facebook Login for the iPhone App? I'm even a plus member... nor do I want to transfer my account (not sure even if I could?)

Ryan M. Smith

Ryan M. Smith

Same here; I haven't been able to log on to the app since I signed up with the Facebook Connect feature... Is there a way to log in to it w/out FB Connect?

Neil Sandbach

Neil Sandbach

Yeah, what a shame - I can't use it without Facebook login. Surely there must be loads of people in the same boat?

James Bashford

James Bashford

On my app it says for every single video that the time at which it was posted was 'never'. It never shows time stamps. Is this a bug?

The Mid 70s

The Mid 70s

Any plans to make the app compatible with the iPod Touch 2G and later models? I can run it and login fine, but no videos will play.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

If you release an application that can capture video, apple will not allow it to be used on models of their devices with no video cameras.

The Mid 70s

The Mid 70s

Thanks Daniel. Glad I can still view vids on my iPod Touch from Vimeo on the web. :-)

jlofi

jlofi

How do I check my personal messages?
This is vital to me as I collaborate on projects and getting pm's while I'm away from my computer is essential.

Shaunna A. Haynes

Shaunna A. Haynes

Like someone else mentioned upthread, the video I recorded with the Vimeo app aren't displaying correctly after the update.

I had 27 videos and now I just see 27 little camera icons where the videos were. I can click on them but they don't play.

Ian S

Ian S

I have almost 4,000 views on a video, but I go to all videos, and all the plays, it only says 177. Same for all my videos, less amount of watches then it actually is.

Aaron Burns

Aaron Burns

How do I add songs I want to the video? I've never heard the songs that are in the edit list, and I don't think I understand the "Import USB iTunes Connection" method of getting songs I want when I edit my videos.

misunko

misunko

hello Aaron??

you should turn on itunes at computer with connected i phone and go your own application program on left side menu
and put songs on document
after that you can find your song on iphone vimeo app!

Chris E Frost

Chris E Frost

Hi All

I've a video, recorded on my iPhone (760Mb) which I am trying to upload directly using the Vimeo app. Im a paid subscriber so space isn't a problem, yet every time I try to upload I get UPLOAD FAILED error.

I am trying to do it across a WiFi connection, am able to play the video without any issues on my iPhone... any ideas?

Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

I also could not upload from the site. I saved a camera roll copy then moved that to my desktop and uploaded from there.

Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

Meant to say from the app not site.

strategy dog

strategy dog

Seems there is a problem with the update losing video recordings. Still see the icon and metadata, but no video. Anyone got any idea how restore them?

Edward Ocampo-Gooding

Edward Ocampo-Gooding

Rendering video seems to fail upon waking my iPhone 4 from sleep.

Can I somehow send log data or anything to help reproduce this error?

Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson

Love the App! Thanks to all the minds behind it...

Unfortunately, I have 2 errors I run into....

1) I had some uploads fail, but they still show up in the "My Videos" list on the app. The app won't let me delete them because they "don't exist."

2) When rendering a clip, if the phone auto locks (after 1:00) the render fails. I have to keep tapping the screen to keep it alive. If the app can't render in "sleep" then can the app force the phone to stay awake?

Thanks for all the hard work...

kev

The Lodge

The Lodge

that second comment would be a nice feature

Ian S

Ian S

It would, but you can do that in settings to make it stay on.

Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

Just did the new install and the app crashes on trying to open it. Thankful I had the backup on my computer, however, I lost all the videos I was working on... not happy right now, however with that said you are the only alternative for what I'm working on... which is for a very high profile site ... so please guys get the crashing issues taking care of!

Fernan Aguero

Fernan Aguero

I second Jonathan Fegan's comment. I want to upload a video from my iphone's camera roll, and vimeo is requesting access to my location, which I denied.

I am therefore blocked from uploading videos. Why this abusive policy? Or is it a bug?

Rik Hunter

Rik Hunter

I allowed the app to use my location and it still didn't work.

strategy dog

strategy dog

Where are videos stored in relation to the app? I'd like to try and rescue my lost video content after the update..

Danny Lopez

Danny Lopez

Today I am so frustrated and sad. On vacation in key west, I filmed 4 videos of dolphins swimming in the open water, playing, jumping and splashing and did not have time to upload them. A little later in the day, doing all the app updates on my iphone, there was a vimeo app update I tried downloading. At some point the download was frozen and I had to shut off the iPhone. When I turned it back on, I saw that there are 4 videos but they appear as if they have no content and when I try to upload the video the following error message appears: upload failed. Did I lose my videos? Or is there still anything I can recover?

Shaunna A. Haynes

Shaunna A. Haynes

Try the method I used in iTunes (below). It worked for me.

A Arai

A Arai

Unable to login on iPhone app. Message reads "Could not authenticate... Please check your username and password and try again."
Tried without progress for two weeks now. Even changed primary email and password to see if that works, to no avail.
Even noticed Andrew Pile (Vimeo Staff) requested these matters be private messaged to him in posts from months ago. Messaged with no response.
Any ideas?

Colleen Halloran

Colleen Halloran

Hi-
I downloaded the Vimeo app for my iPhone. Some of my videos play with no problem. However, some of my video attempt to load and then say "fail".
can you help?

ffc

ffc

The app is awesome! Couldn't ask for more from a free app.

I also have lost all my recordings, and just have empty icons. I did create one recording in the editor and that has remained. Anyone find a way to restore the plain recordings yet?

Thanks

Shaunna A. Haynes

Shaunna A. Haynes

For those of you like me who had "blank" recordings in the Vimeo app, I have good news!

I was able to retrieve my videos through iTunes.

With my iPhone selected in iTunes, I click on the Apps tab and scrolled down to the bottom where it says "These Apps can share files with your computer", click on the Vimeo app and copied the "video_cache" folder to my computer.

Inside that folder, all my videos were there and I was able to play them using the QuickLook function and QuickTime.

Danny Lopez

Danny Lopez

Thanks for the info, I could see the videos on my computer following your instructions. You're a life saver, jaja! Now I ask you, Can I save them back to Vimeo on my computer so that they can be edited???

Danny Lopez

Danny Lopez

Just found out by trial and error, that you can, by loading the app on the laptop and then dragging the cache file to the Vimeo upload screen. Works like a charm. Again, thanks Shaunna for helping me recover my videos!

strategy dog

strategy dog

This post is excellent. With no thanks to Vimeo for their pathetic support on this issue.

Matthew Buchanan

Matthew Buchanan Plus

I updated to this version but the problem with empty clips persists. If I open the clip it tells me its duration is ~500 million seconds. Will try extracting via iTunes.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Weird, maybe try deleting the app and then reinstalling it? Or logging out of Vimeo in the app and then back in?

E J

E J

How am I the only one baffled by the audio import function. Is there no faq for this? The wifi option times out and USB itunes option give me some cryptic message about "songs will simply show up in your library when this screen is showing." I dont get it.

Max

Max

If I want to download a Video i uploaded to my Camera Roll it still says "Saved Failed!"

3GS/iOS 4.3.2

gea*

gea*

edited a previous vimeo iphone app video (via phone) and re-uploaded. It wont show up and it says, "Uh oh!
There was a problem loading this video." On the iphone app it plays but only the previous version, not the edit.

Link: vimeo.com/23087118

gea*

gea*

re-uploaded again and it finally worked

Andrey Vinelander

Andrey Vinelander

I can and will not use this app as long as it requires me to reveal my location when accessing the iPhone's camera roll.

Joseph Schmitt

Joseph Schmitt Staff

I completely understand your position but unfortunately there's nothing we can do unless Apple changes their APIs. The reason we need location access is because your videos are tagged with your location when you shoot them. Therefore if you gave us access to your media you would inadvertently give us access to your location data; that is why Apple requires location services to be on for third party apps to access the camera roll for videos. You can actually see similar behavior in Apple's own iMovie app.

If there is ever an update where location data is stripped from media on import, we'll be sure to support it.

Rik Hunter

Rik Hunter

I allowed the app to us my location. The app then goes to the "Videos" page and that page of the app is blank. Help!?

RLLCO

RLLCO

Just downloaded the vimeo app for my iphone 4, and it crashes as soon as it opens. Opens for less and 1 second and immediately closes. I haven't been able to successfully open it yet. I've even rebooted my iphone.

Help?

Tom Arredondo

Tom Arredondo

Recent download and liking it so far on a 3GS. One thing so far...i can get volume level to change for video track, but cannot get it to stay/save on the additional audio track. It continually defaults back to midpoint.

And is there any way to post profile portrait directly from iPhone?

Thank you for everything.

Shaunna A. Haynes

Shaunna A. Haynes

Daniel,

I downloaded that update when it was released. It didn't work for me. My recordings are still "blank".

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Ok, back to the drawing board, we're working on it, my apologies Shaunna.

maxime

maxime

Hello, I am developping a mobile version of a site that contains vimeo embed videos. These video were uploaded by different users who dont necessarily have a plus account, and so videos dont render on iphone.

If i apply myself for a plus account, will it be possible to make their video iphone compatible if i am actually not the uploader of these video?

Or is there any other solution?

Link: mappingfestival.ch

Joseph Schmitt

Joseph Schmitt Staff

No, sorry, the owner of the video must be a Plus member and have opted in to make mobile versions of their videos.

ABOUT LAST NIGHT

ABOUT LAST NIGHT Plus

I LOVE THE APP. For the very first time this week I used the app to change privacy controls on a video I previous released, edited content and shared with Facebook all within the app. Untethered from a computer this time saver is invaluable!

So Its Come To This

So Its Come To This

Hi, Daniel! Thanks for being so active on the forum topic. I love the Vimeo app and I've had almost no issues with it. The only thing I've encountered is sharing the videos I upload to my self-hosted WordPress blog.

The app says the website username, password, or URL were rejected (or something like that). I have a complex, 16 character password with symbols like / and : scattered in the letters and numbers. I wonder if the app can't parse the password.

I could change the password but it's not ideal. Any advice or help is appreciated, though.

I love Vimeo and am so glad you released a native app. If I could figure out this WP thing, everything would be perfect. Thanks for all your hard work.

Link: soitscometothis.com

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Hey there, WP issues are something we like to correct when possible without a doubt but right now we're focusing on problems with more basic elements in the app. I'm not saying we won't fix this but there are other more pressing issues right now. Thanks for your kind words, the app is something that's good now but I want to be great soon.

Regardless, just to make sure you do have the latest version of the app correct?

So Its Come To This

So Its Come To This

Oh yeah.. I'm always on the latest & greatest. It's an obsession of mine to have things current.

I totally understand where you're coming from on the priorities. Thanks for acknowledging the issue, though.

FWIW, I have a work around, get the embed code and paste it to my site directly. But I am looking forward to a fix when you can get to it.

Thanks!

mwahmoi

mwahmoi

Hi. I am facing the most terrible problem possible: the Vimeo app doesn't even start. (I had iOS 4.3.2 and updated it today to 4.3.3 - under both versions it didn't work.

After tapping on the Icon it just pops up for a second, ends in a black screen for another 2 seconds and then moves back to the homescreen.

best regards, gregor

Ben Jarlett

Ben Jarlett

how do I clear pending uploads? I shot a 7 min movie, which is bigger than my 500MB allowance, and even though I have now deleted it from the app the app is still taking up most of my avaliable memory on my ipod and telling me I have pending uploads...

Ben Jarlett

Ben Jarlett

I deleted and reinstalled the app and it's now normal again... shame I had to do that though...

Ben Jarlett

Ben Jarlett

How about having an optional recording length limit (with a countdown on the display perhaps), so as to avoid rather than fix the problem. I dont want to record longer than I can upload on a free account for example.

Tim Gapinski

Tim Gapinski

A new project cannot see the camera roll on iPhone 4
Oopps I forgot to turn location services on. That did it. Nevermind

Daniel Krueger

Daniel Krueger Plus

I tried uploading a 2.5 min video at HD settings and it failed each time during processing. I finally had to do it manually from my desktop after transferring the video which defeats the purpose of the app. Suggestions?

I am running the latest version of the app and the latest IOS on an iPhone 4.

Pablo Quesada

Pablo Quesada

What's wrong with the last update? The app wont even load in my 3Gs... just shows the "loading" screen and the it closes...

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Pablo, could you try clearing your file cache from your account's settings and if that does not work, resetting the app?

Matthew Reichman

Matthew Reichman Plus

I love the app, really nicely done (I'm on a 3Gs IOS 4.3.3).

BUT -- If only there was a way to filter out vids not encoded for mobiles... Frustrating to see thumbnail of something cool and not be able to watch it.

John Eville

John Eville

i uploaded this video 4 hours ago using the iPhone app, still says unavailable....any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance

Link: vimeo.com/23733776

Scott Smith

Scott Smith

I began exporting to camera roll and then quickly tapped “Cancel” and the app crashed on me.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hi Scott, Sorry about that! We are working on this issue!

Hector Pahaut

Hector Pahaut

Love the app. Edited my first (stop-motion) video on it, on my girlfriends iPod touch (working with the app 'frame x frame' to capture the video). Everything worked perfectly!
Now I went back to my iPhone 4 and wanted to add some music to other vids but when I load the vid all it shows is black. I tried adding some sound to the project and that played back without any problem.
I loaded another vid I had shot with the native camera app and that worked. But the vids I shot with 'frame x frame' don't show anything but black.
I tried reinstalling.
I tried uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling.
I tried mixing vids from the native camera app and from frame x frame.

Nothing is working...
I'll try loading the vids on my girlfriends iTouch to edit, but I doubt it'll work as it's not working here...

Is this a known issue? Fix coming soon?

Thanks a bunch (:

Amanda Rains

Amanda Rains Plus

Are you ever going to support the older iPhone 3G? I attempted to download and install the app and it said it was only available for the iPhone 4. Sorry not going to update the OpSys to a 4 on a 3G - the phone becomes unusable.

Nathan montessi

Nathan montessi

I use a program called logmein, that gives me the ability to share an item with an idividual a give number of times, or a share time limit. is there a way to currently do that. It would be easier than remembering to go back and change permissions everytime. thanxs!

adam mateyko

adam mateyko

My app seems to be missing some of my likes, where are they?

ANDY LEWIS

ANDY LEWIS Plus

The fantastic Hub Widget, with 6 clips, works on my website but NOT using my iPhone 4 to look at the website.
andy-lewis.com Thanks

Easternjourney.com

Easternjourney.com

I live in China where Vimeo.com is only accessible via VPN. Therefore, I can't use the app if I'm logged out of Vimeo...I can't log back in when I'm away from home. Please give me a way to record and edit videos, without needing to log into Vimeo or Facebook (also blocked). Thanks!

Guan Yin Temple

Guan Yin Temple

Hi, I just bought a pro version and my iphone app does not load any of the video. I've tried chosing a video from my iphone, I've tried recording a brand new video..but nothing works!! Please help. I need this for an upcoming event. I'm including my URL.

Ohh, when I first downloaded it, i signed in with my friends account. Then I noticed that it was still showing her videos, so I deleted the app, and downloaded a brand new version. but still having same problem. Please help

Link: vimeo.com/user7183370

Ed Husar

Ed Husar

I have uploaded several videos over the past week. Today all video uploads are failing. They don't ever get started. I only get the Video Failed message.

I have cleared cache and reset the app. I am on wifi as well.

Kevin Anthony

Kevin Anthony Plus

I'm also having issues with uploading on the Vimeo app, starting last night. I uploaded one yesterday morning without issue, then last night I couldn't upload the sequel. It holds at "0% of 0mb" for a while before saying Upload Failed. While trying to figure this out, I noticed that the app's video cache was almost 2 gb, and every time an upload attempt failed, whatever was in the cache was staying in the cache even after the project was deleted.

My Brother-in-law also told me he has been having app uploading issues within the last 24 hours

Ed Husar

Ed Husar

That is exactly what mine is doing. Good to know Kevin. Looks like it is a Vimeo server issue and not really our phones. I bet a fix is coming soon.

Danny Martin

Danny Martin

Iphone 4 is not able to upload, it fails every time. I have even tried creating project then uploading and it still fails. I have cleared the cache and also reset the app and nothing appears to work.

Jeff Hughes

Jeff Hughes

I created a video from 6 different video files (used one clip twice, using different parts of that file) on my iPhone (it is 67.3 seconds long). It contains 5 clips from my iPhone camera roll and one taken with the the Vimeo app itself. If I try to Export it just says "Render Failed!". If I try to upload to the Vimeo site from within the app I have to choose either Standard Quality or Low Quality to get it to render, but after a successful render at Standard Quality the upload fails... The app is saying it has uploaded 0.00MB of 0.00MB. Any ideas?

Brian Hopkins

Brian Hopkins

I had a render failure that I think was due to lack of memory. Clear up some space and try the HD again. The uploads seem to be separate issue, and don't work for me either right now.

Jeremy Cooksey

Jeremy Cooksey

I have tried over the past week install and reload . Still doesn't work.

matteo wyllyamz

matteo wyllyamz

arg. i had really good luck at first uploading videos from my iphone to my vimeo. now, however, every time i try to upload something, the upload screen instantly displays "upload failed." i've deleted and reinstalled the app. i even upgraded my vimeo to a plus account. i'd REALLY like to be able to upload directly from my iphone. not finding any info on the web on this issue either. please help?

Ian S

Ian S

I had the same problem.. instead of 3G, try internet upload, and make sure it is a video format that Vimeo can use.

matteo wyllyamz

matteo wyllyamz

thanks ian. i am only trying to upload thru wifi. tried two different networks, one at home, one at work. same results. i havent tried only 3G. at this point, i feel it is something on vimeo's end. truly frustrating, especially since i just paid for a year of plus service.

Sean Quallen

Sean Quallen

Add me to the list of the iPhone "Upload Failed" crowd. Fails on all videos. I've had no problems with uploading until about 2 days ago.

Dactrtr

Dactrtr

i had the same problem, when uploading it says upload failed, always.

Rideout Films

Rideout Films Plus

i get download failed when I try to download my videos to my camera roll

Ray Pili

Ray Pili

Another iphone upload failed issue. Tired multiple times and no joy. I now have 7 Active uploads one the queue that failed. No issues uploading to you tube. Anyone know what to do to make this app useful?

John Moore

John Moore

Fantastic app and the ability to edit on the iPhone seems unbelievable.

However...I cannot upload a single project! "Upload Failed!"

Stefan Steib

Stefan Steib

How can I use Airplay with Vimeo ? I was looking on the iPhone app but there is no such choice ? Also playing in Safari from my Notebook does not give me a link ? Any hints ? TIA Stefan

Stefan Steib

Stefan Steib

addition: when I use Safari on the iPhone4 I get audio by Airplay to my Apple TV2 when playing videos, but no video.
I guess this should work (all updates iOS4.3.1 and Apple TV on newest firmware) ???
TIA Stefan

John Markin

John Markin

Upload fail for the last 2 days as well.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Thanks for all the reports everyone we're working on a new version that should address these problems.

Vartan Abrahamyan

Vartan Abrahamyan

I can't use vimeo on my iPhone 3GS, when I want to start the application it crashes, tried delete and install again, but nothing changed.

Logan Siegel

Logan Siegel Plus

I downloaded the app 2 weeks ago to my 3GS and it crashes upon opening. I deleted it today and retried the install. It still crashes every time I open it. I haven't even got a look at the first page.

PLEASE HELP!

KAT ASHARYA

KAT ASHARYA

upload failed! upload failed! upload failed! upload failed! upload failed! upload failed!...this is getting a little monotonous, no matter how many times i clear the cache, delete then reinstall the app, re-render to a lower-quality video, etc.

also, it'd be great not to lose all my editing work once the app crashes, and also not to fail on an upload when the device goes to sleep.

i was superenthused about this app when it first came out and would've happily paid for a pro version, but now i'm not so sure. i *really* don't want to go to iMovie, but the constant crashes and failures are kind of letting me down.

Nick Robinson

Nick Robinson

A week ago i could view my password protected videos via the links on my web page but suddenly this has changed on my mac at home and various other people's mac computers all the problems appear to be with Safari? Strangely the links continue work through my iphone. I also have a few unrestricted videos on my web page and they continue to work fine across the board? Anyone have any idea how to make the password protected video links work on all platforms?

kaipila

kaipila Plus

Posting to WordPress or Tumblr doesn't work. I always get "WordPress did not accept that email, password or url". WordPress's own app works, so there's definitely not problems with my blog's XML-RPC api. Tumblr always reject's my email and password.

Douglas Friedman

Douglas Friedman

I have vimeo plus. I just uploaded a new video yesterday. I can play it on my iphone but when I go to play any others on my vimeo list they wont play. It says no mobil version. How do I convert the previously uploaded videos to play on the iphone?

chris lloyd

chris lloyd

Great app! BUT, there is a pressing need for the ability to use songs from my devices music library!!! The wifi sharing site doesnt work properly and it would be so much more convenient to just use songs from the actual device itself. Great app otherwise!!

saintbeagle

saintbeagle

Hey, love the app.

When I tried to add a fade out on an audio track though it keeps just resetting to a straight cut out rather than a fade. You can see what I mean on the video I uploaded here vimeo.com/25039685

Any ideas? or is this a bug that will need to get fixed later?

Bob Dreadlocks Marley

Bob Dreadlocks Marley

When u want to add a video, it is only set out for iPhone camera roll, please change it so that iPod touch can add vids from camera roll

Ian S

Ian S

That's funny... I'm able to upload from my camera roll. :/

Chief Productions

Chief Productions PRO

iPhone 3Gs - I can enter my username but not my password as the screen will not move down.

BPSP Webzine

BPSP Webzine Plus

Dear Vimeo,

Having posted on this board a few days ago, I really don't think much of your tech support. As a paying member, I would have thought that 3 days was sufficient to post some kind of response to the query I raised.

As your forum seems to be the only means of making contact on these issues, it seems reasonable that you should at least have someone checking it once a day for issues and responding accordingly.

I love the website, I love the functionality...I'll even love the app once it works. At the moment, however, I'm not loving the tech support.

Lucas Bishop

Lucas Bishop

I have the latest update of the app and it seems as though I have connected my Wordpress.com account correctly with the app

When I go to share to my Wordpress account I can type in the Title and the description but I can't make the keyboard go away or the content scroll up to actually press the 'Post to Wordpress' button. It would seem this would be a functionality problem not a connectivity problem therefore should (in my opinion) rank on the list. Any idea when this could/should be fixed?

Darie Havirneanu

Darie Havirneanu

When are you planning to release an iPad app ??? I'm really looking forward to it !

Mark

Mark Staff

As soon as possible! We're excited too!

Yannis Zafeiriou

Yannis Zafeiriou Plus

while using the iPhone application, I cannot playback ANY video. As soon as I press PLAY, the player screen changes into black, the t X on top left hand side corner is there, and the progress bar underneath too, but no video ever actually starts playing. Not my videos, or my likes or any other.. I have the iPhone 3G model, and I have deleted the previous Vimeo app and downloaded the new one again, to no avail. Please help?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hi Yannis, Unfortunately the app is only supported on the Iphone 3Gs and up. Sorry about that!

Faith Workcamps

Faith Workcamps

I am unable to "Share" videos via my self-hosted (HostGator.com) WordPress account. I receive the following error, "Wordpress did not accept the email,password or url". I am able to connect properly with the WordPress app and XML-RPC is enabled. This error appears to have been an issue since this otherwise fantastic app launched and any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work as it is certainly appreciated!

Link: blog.faithworkcamps.com

Brendan Loy

Brendan Loy Plus

My assumption is that the Vimeo app is not designed to work with self-hosted WP blogs. Am I wrong? Are there any plans to make it work with self-hosted WP blogs, at least those that are connected to WordPress.com through "Jetpack"?

BPSP Webzine

BPSP Webzine Plus

And...9 days after the initial question, still no response.

With no other means to contact you...no email support, no phone support...one would begin to think Vimeo didn't care much about their paying customers...

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hi,

Thanks for being patient! What iPhone are you using? The app is only supported on the iPhone 3Gs and up! If you are using the right model, I would suggest reseting the app and clearing its cache! (Account>Settings)

Jocke Lagercrantz

Jocke Lagercrantz Plus

I uploaded what should be three different qualities but they are the same size! And I think theban look the same, too.
When I'm not on 3g, I need smaller file sizes.

Yannis Zafeiriou

Yannis Zafeiriou Plus

I am on 3G. I guess that means the app doesn't work on my phone yet... Oh well. Shame.

Richard's Home Movies

Richard's Home Movies Plus

Hi
I'm a newbie for this iPhone. app, which is a pretty fine hand-held quick & dirty editor: however, I've been trying to upload a 3 minute 273MB vid without success (shot on my Iphone, imported from the camera roll, blah, blah) and the upload has 'failed' many times.

Help please!

Ian S

Ian S

I notice 3 problems.
1: It sometimes crashes on start up
2: Look at my video "Cat" in my videos, there is two, but look for the older one. It says around 4000 views. But on the app, 177 views total. Not this week, I clicked "All" Not just that video, all of them or different on the app.
3: It worked fine for a few clicks, but then on the 5th or 6th click, everytime I touch the video to watch it, it freezes and I can't do anything except exit the app.

Black Chalk

Black Chalk

I've got a problem where upon rendering I get a "Saved Failed!" message. I tried it a number of times and keep getting the message. Then got an iPhone message that says "you're running out of space"... it appears the vimeo app IS saving the videos SOMEWHERE... they are chewing up space, and I can't delete them.

Also, I can't make any volume changes in the editor to the sound track. It causes the video to blink a bunch, then the music is muted.

Help??

Marty Bishop

Marty Bishop Plus

Using iPhone 4.3.3, and tried to use Vimeo app to share to Facebook. The first time, I got a login page for my FB info, but nothing happened when I clicked Send. Every subsequent attempt to share to FB opens a blank page. Completely blank. I’ve cleared cache and reset app; no success. Any advice?

Black Chalk

Black Chalk

If I clear my cache, will it delete the project I'm currently working on?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Hey everyone we're working on a slamming new version that's going to be the cat's meow. It should help with many of the issues you're describing.

Brendan Loy

Brendan Loy Plus

Will the new version make the WordPress.com uploading feature, which is totally non-functional right now because the keyboard won't go away and thus there's no way to press "Post to WordPress" after typing in one's post, actually work?

Also, are there any plans to make the app work with self-hosted WordPress blogs that are connected to WordPress.com via Jetpack?

Brendan Loy

Brendan Loy Plus

Another issue. What is the size limit, if any, for videos uploaded over a 3G connection? Is it different for HD quality vs. medium quality vs. low quality? I ask because...

I was able to get a 6-second video (about 7 MB, I believe) to upload successfully over a 3G connection -- in HD, regular and low quality. But then I tried to upload a 30-second video (37.7 MB), also over 3G. When I attempted to upload it in HD, the app said "0.0 MB / 37.7 MB" for a few seconds, then promptly announced "Upload Failed!" So I tried regular quality instead, with the same clip. This time, it crawled its way from "0.0 MB / 37.7 MB" all the way up to almost "37.7 MB / 37.7 MB" ... but THEN, after the 5+ minute upload, it too said "Upload Failed!" I think maybe my 3G signal simply faded, scuttling the upload (how long of a break in reception must occur before it times out?), so I hit the reload button and tried again. It crawled through the whole upload again (even though the status bar continued to reflect that it was like 98% done, it seemingly couldn't pick up where it left off -- understandable, but the status bar UI seems to confusingly suggest that it can resume the upload) and, this time, completed it.

So, in light of the immediate failure of my attempted HD upload of the 30-second clip over 3G, coupled with the success of my HD upload of the 6-second clip over 3G, and also the success of my earlier upload a 4+ minute video in HD over a Wi-Fi connection, I'm assuming there must be some sort of size limit on HD uploads over 3G. Am I right, and if so, what is it? And will the new version change it?

By the way, I'm using an iPhone 4 (AT&T). I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, in case you were wondering, so I've got "Only Wifi Uploads" turned off.

Brendan Loy

Brendan Loy Plus

Sorry to keep adding stuff, but I have another (related) question. This may seem like an odd thing to complain about, but... I feel like the "Regular" and "Low" quality videos I upload from my iPhone are too high-quality! They appear, in fact, to be in HD! For instance, here is that 6-second clip I uploaded, in three different versions...

HD version: vimeo.com/26122602

Medium Quality version: vimeo.com/26122888

Low Quality version: vimeo.com/26122984

So far as I can tell, they are all identical. They're all listed as 1280x720, 7.62MB. They all look the same to me. And they all appeared to take the same amount of time to upload.

Basically, it seems like the Vimeo app is uploading everything in HD, even if I selected "Medium Quality" or "Low Quality." While the quality is great, if I'm trying to upload a larger video, this could present a problem, as I might want to more quickly upload a lower quality version. Can you help me understand why this is happening, and how to fix it?

The Family Guy

The Family Guy

Hi Daniel,

I haven't red all the feedback so I might repeat things... I love the app and would love to use the editor to do my family projects... however:

- editor crashes too often
- audio fade in and out switch does nothing
- adding audio clip through wifi doesn't work

would be great to:

- add multiple audio (maybe even video) layers to a project
- have fade option on titles
- able to record longer audio clips
- add audio clips from iPhone
- cut a video clip not only trim. (chop out sections without the need to re-add same clip...)

Awesome app though!

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Thanks for your feedback, the next version is going to be awesome.

Wasabi Uno

Wasabi Uno

How can I download the first version of the Vimeo app? the latest version crashes as soon as I open it.

TheHairyPony

TheHairyPony

I'm having a lot of troubles uploading my videos since I upgraded to the pro account. Keep getting on the "uh oh Something went wrong!" message. I have tried uploading this particular video 5 times (over wireless and 3G). It's a little bit annoying, what's your refund / cooling off policy? If I can't get this to work smoothly w/n the next fortnight it makes my subscription worthless, given the project i'm trying to complete. Thanks for any suggestions. Will update if this problem goes away. but for now i'm :(

Black Chalk

Black Chalk

Since no one ever answered either of my questions, I just cleared the cache, which DID delete all my projects... but also freed up 1.5 GIGS(!!!)... 1.5 gigs... of space that the vimeo app was hoarding on my iPhone. I re-edited my project and it finally exported. Yay.

But the new app will be great.

Siri Müller

Siri Müller

I've unsuccessfully tried to upload a variety of files from two iPhones, and two browsers on my laptop (Chrome and Firefox, and yes it's up to date.) First it takes hours to upload, then at the end, at the very very end (and these are short clips, unedited) I get "oh oops so sorry. Something went wrong. Please re-upload." This is ridiculous!

St. John Peaster

St. John Peaster

Often times, after watching a video or two it just stops playing videos. I'll click on one and it'll come up to play but it never plays. It just sits there like it should be loading but it never does. The play button doesn't force it to play what it's got or anything.
I have to close the app and stop it from running in the background. And then start it again and it'll work - For a couple videos at least. I think it might be an issue with loading new content but I'm not sure.
Any one else have this problem?

Jeremy Ryan Carr

Jeremy Ryan Carr Plus

I cannot login to Facebook. I've force quit the app, cleared the cache, reset the app and even deleted it and reinstalled it. The most I can do is enter my Facebook account info and then I just get a white screen. This feature seems either missing or broken.

Victor Blondel

Victor Blondel

A little problem too : videos I've deleted from the website still appears on the app...highlighted in red, but still there ! and can't take em off the list. annoying.

for the rest, great app !

basil iskandrian

basil iskandrian Plus

I have been experiencing problems when attempting to add my videos to groups or channels. After making selections and pressing save the app. just sits while the saving icon twirls endlessly.

basil iskandrian

basil iskandrian Plus

I have also experienced similar issues to Victor Blondel. Videos which have been deleted from website are still appearingin app with color bar thumbnail yet when selected inform the viewer there is no such file. Is there a way to clear the cache on the iPhone app.?

Charlie Olsen

Charlie Olsen

Hi there... don't know if this is the right place to post, but... recently I've been checking that "Make mobile version of my video" option and everything seems to be ok. But when I try to watch it on my Blackberry (Bold 9700/OS6), looks like it's in slowmotion, with the video always behind the audio. I checked other videos on Vimeo through my mobile and they don't have this problem. What could be done in this case? (sending one video as example, but it happens with all).

Link: vimeo.com/26406429

Gabriel Pineda

Gabriel Pineda

Hey, my vimeo app in my iphone, doesnt work perfectly, is when you click the video, it doesnt load or play. Kindly fix my problem thanks.

Djordje Radovanovic

Djordje Radovanovic

Uploading is soooo sloooow, speed goes like 0.1 and every video uploads normally until it comes to 10% and fails. Everything beside uploading works like a charm.

Chito Espigadera

Chito Espigadera

I have uploaded a video and share the link and extend it to my facebook account. The video can play thru FB in regular computer and laptops but not on Iphone.

Mike Joyce

Mike Joyce

On iOS 5 beta 3 (and beta 2) the Vimeo app is not working as intended. The symptom is associated with listing the camera roll.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Vimeo App
2. Press "+" button to add a video
3. Choose "iPhone Camera Roll"
4. No photos or videos are present

My suspicion is that apple adjusted the API for accessing the camera roll, because other apps that access the roll have similar symptoms, ie: Flickr app.

Thanks for all the great work, and look forward to additional great features within the iPhone app.

MJ

Ben Delaney

Ben Delaney

This is not "on topic" with anything stated above... but I was directed to post this feedback here by a Vimeo staffer...

I'm noticing fairly poor quality compression for "HD Quality" videos that I'm uploading via the Vimeo iPhone app. Massive artifacts and very little overall detail. I realize you have to compress the files for streaming, but to my eyes it's just simply too much compression.

I guess this is less of a bug report and more of a plea for better quality compression settings. :)

Fabio Vi

Fabio Vi

I have Problems by logging in?

Ashley Williams

Ashley Williams

I've just joined Vimeo downloaded the App wanted to use the feature to Embed into a WordPress blog.

I can fill in the title, description but the keyboard covers the upload button and there is no option to hide the keyboard to click the button.

Using iOS 4 (latest) on an iPhone 4. Any help please.

Barney Dorse

Barney Dorse

I have an old iPhone 3G and when I go to add a video from my library to create a project, the whole app closes and takes me back to my home screen. I've deleted the app and redownloaded, didn't work.
Any ideas?

Caleb Baker

Caleb Baker

Is there somewhere in the app where you can view the channels that you are subscribed to, somewhere that shows you their new videos?

Mitch Chapman

Mitch Chapman

Since about a week ago I am unable to view stats on my videos. I have reset the app and logged in again. When I tap the "Account" tab and then "Statistics on all my videos" I see only this error page:

Permission Denied

Sorry but you do not have the proper
permission to access this area of Vimeo.

Picturesmith

Picturesmith PRO

I'm getting the same 'permission denied' error on all stats, I've reset the app but to no avail.

Resande Man Productions

Resande Man Productions

I can't download the Vimeo app from App store (on my iPhone 4). It says that the app "...is not available anymore".

Kirtus Toys

Kirtus Toys

Having the same issues... iPhone 3gs. Tried a few times and still the same result.

Scott Erickson

Scott Erickson

Unable to download the iphone app. I keep receiving the pop up message: "The item you tried to buy is no longer available."

Any suggestions? I'm registered on the site...

Thanks

Alec Lambert

Alec Lambert Plus

Agreed. I've been happily using the app on my 3GS for months. My girlfriend just got an iPhone 4 and (on the newest 4.3.5 update) and can't get it from the app store.

Getonit

Getonit

Same, says no longer avail :(

Connor Wells

Connor Wells

Yeah the app says it's "no longer available" for me as well. Maybe vimeo is putting up a new version?

Resande Man Productions

Resande Man Productions

Seems to be up again! Just downloaded and tested a few vid's. Works like a charm :-)

Thijs Geritz

Thijs Geritz

Videos that I deleted on-line still show up in the App. I can't delete them twice! The app won't let me do that because obviously they "don't exist" anymore.

So the App is now flooded with phantom videos.

HLT Group

HLT Group

How do you "share" a video you've watched on the iPhone app? I just downloaded it, saw a video in the list right when I opened it. I viewed it and loved it. Wanted to send a link to friends who don't have the app, to view the video (maybe a web based link so they can watch it?). There wasn't even a "share" button on the video. Just a "Like" and a "Watch Later" ... etc. Please advise.

Tom

Tom

Hi,

I added 2 videos from my iPhone. They were both failing. I decided to delete them. They are not in my videos anymore, except on my iphone where I can still see them and can't do anything with them.
Soxiam suggested to logout and log in again, but I already tried that and nothing changed.

Thank you for your help.

Morawski and Company

Morawski and Company Plus

Being able to add sound clips/songs to the audio track is impossible. I have tried both ways with a wifi connection and never could figure out what you meant by the "simple iTunes file transfer". The audio clip is in my library. Is there any documentation that explains more fully the process? One further question is why can't the app access my iTunes lib ray on my phone?

basil iskandrian

basil iskandrian Plus

A couple of glaring issues:
1. deleted videos still appear in my videos
2. adding videos to groups, collections etc. causes app. to lock up in perpetual "saving" mode.
3. thumbnails do not always appear.
thanks

LoneWolf Videography

LoneWolf Videography

I don't want to use the app, and I'm trying to copy a web address of 1 of my videos in browser to send in a email, but it's impossible to do this. In fact it's impossible to view your videos that way also, why is there no search bar? Or any other basic options for finding your videos?

HLT Group

HLT Group

Verizon iPhone 4
Version: current as of Aug 25

These are confirmed and reproducable bugs. Please forward to your development team to be fixed in the next version.

1) Videos uploaded by iphone which are subsequently deleted from web site interface remain visible in the iphone app. When you click on them you receive an error, as you should, but those videos should not still be listed. Theyre gone. Clicking the refresh icon at the top makes these videos remain in the list, but highlighted in red. I dont see the purpose of this. Please remove them completely. When the app is closed and restarted, the items no longer have a red highlight. Theyre just back in the list as normal.

2) a) add video from camera roll b) allow it to import c) choose video type New Video d) Click HD Quality ..... at this stage the button stays "pressed" looking. But nothing happens. This causes confusion for the user, as pressed buttons in Windows which do nothing, often need to be pressed again to "register" the click. I would suggest adding a splash screen here saying "Please wait" or a percent scroll, or at least - take the user to something that indicates that the app hasn't frozen. It has been known to sit there for 5, 10, 15 seconds. Thats a long time to see a button pressed with nothing happening.

3) My video thumbnail shows as vertical colored lines rather than the proper thumbnail.

Yoel Meranda

Yoel Meranda

i'm trying to make the privacy setting of a video 'people you choose', but for some reason, i can't set it to that on my iphone. the thing works properly when i log in from my computer but when i use the iphone app, i pick Privacy Settings - People You Choose - then select some Vimeo contacts - Save that - Then save the Privacy Settings but when I go back I see that all of the people I chose are unselected and those contacts can't see my video.

I logged out, cleared the cache, etc. logged in again but it still doesn't work.

Link: vimeo.com/28690803

Grant Phillips

Grant Phillips

I’m trying to upload a video of 53 clips with a size of 564.54mb and getting this error "RENDER FAILED! Try again", immediately after selecting High Definition for quality.

Any suggestions? Can someone help me out with this?

thanks

Grant Phillips

Grant Phillips

The video doesn't even attempt to render before i get the error message. It pops up right away.

Toby Knyvett

Toby Knyvett

Hi

Features needed to make this a killer app for me:

- Seperate audio tracks from video files, manipulate on their own.
- Cut/split videos
- Rotate videos - useful for when a video has started to be recorded in one orientation, but another was switched to later. Split it and then rotate the split parts individually. Currently if you add two videos in different orientations you end up with a 1280 x 1280 video, which is kind of useless.

Mark

Mark Staff

Thanks for your suggestions!

posit

posit Plus

The Vimeo app was great on my 4th Gen Touch but now I updated to IOS 5.0 and the Vimeo app crashes whenever accessing "account" > "statistics on all my videos". Tried deleting, re-downloading and re-installing. Alas, that did not fix the problem.

David Dohrmann

David Dohrmann

Having the same issue here. Crashes every time I check stats on any of my videos.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Gus Me

Gus Me

Just installed the app, and a very good app for the price. I know it's a free app and all, but an update on if an update is being worked on would be cool. Haven't seen any info saying there will be. Maybe full ios 5 support or something? Something to appease the masses?

Thanks!

Max Rapley

Max Rapley

Just got the iPhone 4s and am really keen to start editing and uploading to vimeo, but the app keeps crashing. Editing features don't work, freezes at initial login, can't upload videos. Have tried re-installing, but no luck. ios 5 update would be awesome. Is this in the works? When can we expect an update?

Mark

Mark Staff

We're working on an update for the app!

Galgano Productions

Galgano Productions

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how can I make my videos show as landscape view on the iPhone. Any help?

Cheers.

arrangements / assemblages

arrangements / assemblages

When you are on a video detail page is there a way to click and see what other video's that user has made? I don't see any way to do this.
Thanks,

Alexis Rodney

Alexis Rodney Plus

When trying to post links of my videos to twitter, the Vimeo iphone app shuts down. Having problems with Vimeo and twitter in general...any clues?

Marina Parascenzo-Brush

Marina Parascenzo-Brush

Hi all--I am trying to load a video with the latest version of the app onto my iphone. I enabled the location and everything, but when I choose the quality, it says "insufficient permissions." The video is made using the 8mm app. Anyone know why I can't load this? thanks!

Manuel Olivares

Manuel Olivares

is facebook connect running in the vimeo app for iphone? i cant watch any video cause the vimeo app doesnt let me log in whit my facebook account

KBK Visuals

KBK Visuals Plus

Using the app on a Iphone 4S with iOS5.0.1
It crashes when I go to stats.

Also sometimes it doesn't load video's (stuck at 00:00)

Next to that the app is pretty nice.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.