JNS

JNS Plus

I'd love to be able to either hide or completely remove statistics from PRIVATE videos.

I understand that the statistics-part is a big part of the fun and interactivity (and measurement for "quality" of videos) for public videos, but for private videos such an option is crucial I think. If I upload a video for somebody (e.g. lately a Valentine present), I don't want to give them the feeling that I want to control if or how often they watched it.

For me that's the same like with social networks. There is a reason why e.g. Facebook doesn't have that controlling "who visited my page" functionality. For dating sites its crucial, for social networking it's contraproductive. For me that's very similar to the dynamics of public versus private videos. Hope this makes sense. :)

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

It does make sense. It's something we've been thinking about as well. Hopefully soon.

Michael Freitas

Michael Freitas Plus

This is a no brainer. Please make it possible to turn the statistics of a video on or turn them off. Except for viral videos the statistics are meaningless and can be a negative if like the vast majority of videos your video is not viewed often.
Thanks for creating a great site.

bisola f

bisola f

Agreed please make this possible!!!! A quick search of this issue shows that it has been a request for three years now.

dw

dw Plus

yeah likewise, lets have this set up!

Joel Kaye

Joel Kaye

Even if it's Vimeo Plus only - I think stats actually hurt video viewing if people see they are one of three people that have viewed the video today.

Stats are a nice idea conceptually, but in practice it makes Vimeo look like a ghost town for the large majority of videos posted. A rarely viewed video doesn't inspire a viewer to share the video (and introduce a new friend to Vimeo).

Low stats are very counterproductive if you want to increase viewership and ultimately membership.

It's clearly a feature some people would pay for.

ReVID - Agent Videos

ReVID - Agent Videos

Agreed - It would be very useful to be able to turn the stats off. Let us know when it's done :)

Church

Church

I agree. When I look at some videos with low stats it predudices my thinking of them.

Jim Cutler

Jim Cutler PRO

I'd like to also ask for this. PLEASE give plus users the ability to hide stats.

Tabore Rector

Tabore Rector

Please give us an option to remove the stats. Turns it into a popularity contest. Also, seeing a low visitor count is just a good way to get funding cut.

Harmony Starr

Harmony Starr

I just came on here to submit this very request. As a Plus member, I would also like to be able to turn on/off all of the other standard boxes (ie. other videos etc) on a video page. That clutter isn't needed when I simply need to send clients here to view a video for review. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the Pro account but just a clean white page please.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As I stated above, this is one of the features we are working on and will be included with the next design release.

peter pa

peter pa

Yes, it would be nice to have the option of turning the stat counter off. Puts more focus on the actual video than how popular it is.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As I stated above, it's already planned for the next design release.

TJ Allard

TJ Allard

Thanks for the response Soxiam, I'm looking forward that feature.

Alex

Alex Plus

when is the next design release due?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We do not comment on the ship date for active projects. It is a HUGE project so it will take some time to wrap up, test and release but it is the single biggest project we are working on with the highest priority.

Mark Glenister

Mark Glenister Plus

yup, me too - if i have a private showreel online i don't want the people i'm sending it to, to see how many others have been looking. Good to know it's coming.

Red Monkey Productions

Red Monkey Productions

OK so I am on the "NEW" vimeo and still have no idea where this feature is to turn of public stats ....

Ignacio Carrere

Ignacio Carrere Plus

I want to see my last videos and a look of the statistics of the day with a look, not so many clicks with the new version

Prima Princessa

Prima Princessa

The masses have spoken. Let us turn of the public viewing of the stats.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Please see my comment above. It's already in the new Vimeo we are currently testing.

Care Affinity

Care Affinity

PLEASE.. PLEASE.. PLEASE make it possible to remove stats, we have spent a lot of money on promo's and they are being judged on low stats! heLLPPPP

Mike Cochran

Mike Cochran Plus

seriously vimeo, give us the option. some of us pay the premium user amount each year, and not only do you compress the movie to 30fps, you don't give us this seemingly simple option. I mean if you can turn it off on all your videos, why not just one or 2?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

This is possible now, and has been for quite awhile. To hide stats, go to vimeo.com/settings, click on the Advanced tab, and under "Site Preferences" check the setting for "I prefer not to share my video statistics with other people."

Link: vimeo.com/s/tde

Cary Chauvet

Cary Chauvet Plus

Seriously Vimeo what is the problem here? Give US the option to turn on/off stats on ANY of our videos be they public or private. From reading the posts above you (Soxiam) were working on the feature two years ago. Surely it can't take two whole years to implement a simple on/off switch.

Al Hajem

Al Hajem Plus

Tommy Penner posted:

This is possible now, and has been for quite awhile. To hide stats, go to vimeo.com/settings, click on the Advanced tab, and under "Site Preferences" check the setting for "I prefer not to share my video statistics with other people."

Link: vimeo.com/s/tde

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.