Shaleshock Media

Shaleshock Media Plus

Blip doesn't even have a search function, and youtube has a really bad one. In fact, when I log in to my youtube account via my SONY Bavia TV, I don't see any videos after March 15! That is because the 'simple seach' on SONY Bravia is filtered, and it may take a long time (if ever) for changes made on my youtube channel to be visible on SONY Bravia.

So much for the promise of intenet TV. ISN'T THIS AN AREA VIMEO MIGHT MOVE INTO? Vimeo is, or seems to be, a 'tighter ship' as far as content. It would be great were folks able to go to my vimeo channel directly on their SONY Bravia TVs. Caveat is, our channel cannot do advertising.

Fully Formed Films

Fully Formed Films Plus

I agree - others must too. I have seen somewhere that Vimeo is accessible through other internet TVs/players, such as Sanyo. So it must be feasible...

Article19

Article19 Plus

the people who make the TV have to put it in there unless it has an "App Store™®" whereby you can download new software to it.

Rodrigo Fernandes

Rodrigo Fernandes

I agree, I would be insane if vimeo had a channel on Sony Bravia tv. I watch you tube on mine every time and I wish vimeo had one as well.

Sean Reilly

Sean Reilly

Want to add my vote as well. Would love to see Vimeo on my Bravia.

Earlier in the year I was working for Hitwise No1 website and LG contacted me offering to make a free app for their new internet TV range (happy to pass the contact details on to a Vimeo staff member).

Given that these apps may soon make or break sales of one TV over another, I'm sure that companies like Sony would be open to negotiation if approached to make a Vimeo app.

Oh, and if it does happen, check out the Bravia BBC iPlayer app for how search should be done, the stock text input is ridiculously bad on the Sony.

Richard van den Boogaard

Richard van den Boogaard PRO

So do I. Vimeo, what does it take to get you guys access? Would love to use it with the Watch Later feature...

Richard van den Boogaard

But - you guys must be able to mobilize your users and have the ones who want it sign a competition.

Richard van den Boogaard

Ok. So it takes Sony. I just got off the phone with Sony Europe. It DOES help if enough people start to pour in requests for a Vimeo feature. So please call your local office and ask them to file a support case for Vimeo on Bravia.

MyBeardAndI

MyBeardAndI

I just sent an e-mail to Sony Europe. As we say here in Sweden: "Många bäckar små", which means "Many drops make a river"...

Paolo Tramannoni

Paolo Tramannoni

Since I'm interested into a Sony BDP-S480, whose integrated internet TV should be like a Bravia TV, please let me ask a question. I know this player integrates a web browser; so, what happens when you go to a Vimeo page with it? Can't you see the video from there?

Sean Reilly

Sean Reilly

Just sent this tweet, anybody else want to send it feel free.

Hey @sony we all love our Bravia's & we love @Vimeo. It'd be great if you two got together bit.ly/VimeoOnBravia

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

It's our goal to be on every TV ever made so we'll see what we can do. Thanks for the support.

Papa Dan

Papa Dan

You can use a new iPhone app to "throw" any Vimeo URL up on your tv through your Sony BD player, but you'll get an error message when you try to play them.
It's now 2013, and we still can NOT play Vimeo on Sony devices. What can we do to fix this??

Sean Reilly

Sean Reilly

Thanks Blake, in that case I'll send you a message relating to my earlier post about LG as well.

Paolo Tramannoni

Paolo Tramannoni

In the mentine, I found a workaround: you can use iMediaShare on iOS or Android to trigger the streaming to any DLNA devices - including the latest Sony BluRay players. It works with my BDP-S580. A shame for Sony, that cannot do on their expensive products what a free app is capable of doing.

clarke ching

clarke ching

Wow! Thanks for this. IMediaShare is superb.

Papa Dan

Papa Dan

Works, but requires iOS 6

Tebayane Rose

Tebayane Rose

I am so dissappointed! I called Sony when setting up my Bravia HDTV Internet accounts, ie, netflix, youtube and a bunch of useless channels, and asked why Sony doesn't offer Vimeo! After about an hour of talking to many "I don't know, let me transfer you to..." CS Reps, according to Sony, it's a Vimeo decission! R i g h t!!! I did ask them to notify my email address when Vimeo is available. Haven't heard from them as yet. Isn't there any way one can go through the back door, so to speak? I am really spoiled watching the Internet on a 45 inch screen! lol So glad to find this forum!

Professor Greg Möller

Professor Greg Möller Plus

Vimeo works like a charm on a ROKU media streamer. Sony BR-DVD Player w/internet -no go. Only a short list of Channels and some Sony push marketing. There is no feature that I have discovered to add any Channel of your choosing, even after registering online at internet.sony.tv. This may be a Sony biz pay-to-play throttle, but hopefully not. Vimeo staff may want to see if Sony will default list Vimeo.

Laurens de Vries

Laurens de Vries

iMediaSearch works very very well. What I do not get is why I can not find a decent DLNA controller application for my laptop. It works like a charm on my iphone.

Nik Valiris

Nik Valiris Plus

I use iMediaShare on the Samsung Galaxy to share with the Bravia, however would make total sense to have this as a standard widget on the TV given YouTube and others are there. This would make the Vimeo brand and independent films much easier to watch and a wider audience. Hope to hear a good news story soon.

Alexey Stepanov

Alexey Stepanov

Please add Vimeo to Sony TVs - you'll get another "Plus" user instantly.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

The people who work on partnerships are aware of this opportunity. We too hope it will work out.

Yaniv Cahoua

Yaniv Cahoua

I am so angry I bought the sony tv instead of samsung tv because of vimeo, please add it asap !!!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We would love to, but you do understand that the decision isn't really up to us, right?

Yaniv Cahoua

Yaniv Cahoua

hehehe sure, I just mean I should have bought the samsung to enjoy vimeo....

Skalk van der Merwe

Skalk van der Merwe

I would think that because SONY owns some content (Sony Pictures) AND they have a well established distribution network / viewers they would like to keep tight control on who can enter that distribution network.

I would also think, that if people watch more free or near-free content like VIMEO then the SONY content which they bought and put a lot of resource into will be less in demand and therefore not bring in any monies for them

Lastly, it is interesting to note that one cannot search on GOOGLE for +vimeo site:.sony.com

Where on the SONY website can one lobby to have a VIMEO channel added?

Brian Durham

Brian Durham

Sony STREAM... Vimeo on my Sony STREAM, that would be awesome. PQHoudini tutorials right on the tv... awesome. Think it uses Bravia.

Simon Rashleigh

Simon Rashleigh

I have also joined the Sony Bravia-No Vimeo-Not Happy Club and was disappointed to see no Vimeo channel. When you realise that Vimeo is one of the major video sharing platforms for filmmakers these days, its a bit of a joke that Sony would not support it especially when they are in the business of selling broadcast cameras and gear.

So then, my fellow filmmakers maybe we should boycott Sony Broadcast equipment in our next production hire or sale and let them know its NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! that they dont have a Vimeo channel option on Sony Bravia - Internet TV. I just sent off a similar email to Sony in Australia to protest the Vimeo point. I too wish I had bought a Samsung TV now, and in my next production, I think I will switch to Panasonic or Canon cameras rather than Sony which for years has been my standard.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Simon. Just to give you an update, we are in talks with Sony about this issue and we hope they will offer a solution soon.

Papa Dan

Papa Dan

Thanks for trying.
It's now 2013, and we still can NOT play Vimeo on Sony devices. What can we do to fix this??

Paolo Tramannoni

Paolo Tramannoni

The update is that while Sony is refusing to help creatives using their cams to distribute indipendent movies on Vimeo, they are going down. Another example of how refusing to understand modern times is causing extintion of dinosaurs. It is a shame to see a once great company committing suicide.

Papa Dan

Papa Dan

There is a Vimeo app now on Sony blue ray players. It just showed up some weeks ago and it works. I can easily access my account videos. It's not as smooth or fast as the YouTube app but it does work. It has crashed a couple of times, but I've found out how to avoid that.
So, finally we have Vimeo apps on Sony products. Good news.

Skalk van der Merwe

Skalk van der Merwe

Hi There

Does anybody know when I can see the Vimeo APP on my SONY Bravia? I can see an Quickflix App but would rather not...

Thanks.

Alessandro Danesin

Alessandro Danesin

I just bought a Sony Bravia and I am really disappointed not to see VIMEO app! I add my voice to the choir: "WE WANT VIMEO ON BRAVIA"

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

I'd let Sony know, this really falls on them to let us know of the demand and to approve of us building an app for them.

henrik

henrik

Hello vimeos,

I wrote to sony custumer support very angry, that they sell a TV without a vimeo app.
they very accurately explained me, that it to vimeo to develop the app.

If so, I want you to encourace to do so and more to start a cowdfunding on indiegogo or so!!!!!
further more i could imagine, to do that task together with a university.

please contact me via email to provide you a contact to a professor at berlin university of applied science, mr. Prof. Dr. Robert Strzebkowski

please try!!!

It is really a "no-go" living without vimeo on the big sceens!!!

sincerely, henrik

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Henrik,

Apologies but this is really something that has to be negotiated between Vimeo and Sony, not something that Vimeo can just start doing. We appreciate the enthusiasm and will let our users know if something starts up with Sony.

henrik

henrik

hello matt,

i wrote a facebook message to SONY professional. Maybe the people there understand better how important it is, that SONY will have a vimeo app on their TVs. Better than the consumer-products-people at sony maybe...

I really insist on this collaboration!

Would it be a good idea to register at sony comunity and post what we think?!?`
(second Link)

Links: store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?hideHeaderFooter=false&storeId=10151&cmsId=STATICS_BIV_showcase, community.sony.com/t5/Television-Apps-Widgets/vimeo-app-on-SONY-televisions/m-p/156245

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sure, if you'd like to voice your opinion to Sony it couldn't hurt :)

Stehbrettsegeln Media

Stehbrettsegeln Media

scrolling down where? Is this limited to certain versions? I guess you have a newer Bravia, I haven't really seen any change on my "old" 2012 Bravia 40HX725 :/ There is no official statement on a vimeo app.

btw. I own an atv2, but I just can't get the hang of this chained solution.

Papa Dan

Papa Dan

A Vimeo app did appear on my Sony Blueray player a few months ago. It's not the most user friendly app to navigate but it certainly works!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.