비렉트

비렉트 PRO

List of features that we want for the Vimeo PRO service.

Nancy Bogen

Nancy Bogen Plus

The ability to use different typefaces + italics and bolds in show descriptions.

비렉트

비렉트 PRO

We'd like to have the ability to have a custom (read html) footer for the portfolio. We need to put such things as copyright notice in there. Meanwhile, is there any way to do so now?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We will keep your suggestion in mind as we iterate on the next version. Right now, the only place to have custom copy is in the portfolio description area.

비렉트

비렉트 PRO

We'd also like to be able to use at least some basic html in the description for the video. A little bit of styling and img tags wouldn't hurt, especially since the portfolio page doesn't have photos.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I don't think the img tag will be allowed but we will consider basic formatting tags.

CareTakers

CareTakers Plus

deffinitely need at least hrefs...or some other syntax to add links

비렉트

비렉트 PRO

One more thing, would there be any support for subtitling? We'd love to support multilingual audience like ted.com!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We do not yet support subtitling.

Wycliffe Global Alliance

Wycliffe Global Alliance Plus

any word on whether subtitling / cc functions might ever be supported? ala youtube cc (which uses a standard .srt file)?

NWEEI

NWEEI PRO

When upgrading from Plus to Pro, the default for all my videos was to enable a public (although unlisted) review page for each of them. I would suggest vimeo makes the default as "No review" and let people turn on the option as they need.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I don't necessarily disagree but I am curious... what is your reason behind that if these are not listed to public?

NWEEI

NWEEI PRO

I want a video to remain secure. OK... Reasonably secure. I feel that the review page is a great feature but when it's left on by default, it's like leaving the back door to the house permanently unlocked. When it's a conscious effort to turn-ON something rather then have it always on, one tends to remember who they sent review links to and hence -- no leaks of material.

Google seemed to influence peoples belief that as long as a document was "unlisted" to the public -- it was a relatively 'secure' method to share information. Anybody who works on the net knows that this is false for numerous reasons: The very easiest being; You send a private link to your mom, your mom shows your dad, your dad emails it to his buddy who then posts it on facebook. Everyone on facebook sees the link along with countless people/businesses/organizations/marketing firms/spammers/email catchers. Sometimes this is good (videos go viral) and sometimes it isn't.

Here's a good analogy:
You drive to your local mega-mall in your brand new car -- it's something you've worked hard to buy and you're proud of owning it. Finding the mall packed -- you locate a spot and blend seamlessly into the sea of vehicles.
Do you:
A) get out, leave your keys in the ignition and doors unlocked because really-- who's going to know besides your buddies and the couple people you'll tell at the mall (just in case they want to go check it out).
B) You lock the car and decide that you'll give the key to which ever friends might need it.

Awana International

Awana International Plus

It is a "best practice" on the web to be able to click on the logo to return to the sites home page. Since my portfolio page is a link off my main site, can we make the logo have an html tag or link that will take the viewer back to the main site? (My domain site, not the home page of the portfolio.) This is an important feature, I believe.

Awana International

Awana International Plus

I too, would like to see at least one additional area of text, to put additional info about the video (besides the description) or links to other portfolios, etc.

Awana International

Awana International Plus

I think it would be very cool for Vimeo to come up with an incentive for Wordpress theme developers to write custom CSS for Portfolio pages that look similar to their themes.
I use the Modularity theme from Graph Paper Press and it would be great if there was css written that I could plug in, to make the two look similar. A more seamless experience for the viewer.

Awana International

Awana International Plus

I second the need for custom (read html) footer for the portfolio, posted by ViRECT.

Awana International

Awana International Plus

BTW, I enjoy using my three new portfolio pages. Keep up the good work there at Vimeo!

edbury

edbury

Custom URLs for our domains!

The portfolios are great, but in building our own, it'd be great to have videos link back to their respective pages on our site, instead of on Vimeo.

With Vimeo Pro's yearly cost being 1/5 that of Brightcove's monthly, it's a no brainer - but this is the only big feature we're missing.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

When you say it's linking back to the page on vimeo currently, what link are you referring to?

edbury

edbury

For example, if we or someone else embeds the video elsewhere and clicks on the title.

Plywood Pictures

Plywood Pictures PRO

IDEA: In the options for arranging the videos in the portfolio, how about an option for "most recently updated first".

What would be ideal for my business is if I replace a video file with an updated cut, that video would go to the top of the list, even if the original cut was uploaded months ago. The "newest first" option gets me close, but I'd have to post every revision as its own vimeo video, and that eats into my 50 GB real fast.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We will consider this. In the mean time, I believe removing the video and then adding it back in would do the trick if you select the "most recently added first" option.

Vincent Campbell

Vincent Campbell PRO

Hi Vimeo, first I must say I very much appreciate your site and your service, and I use it for all my videos with the Pro account.

I've been doing short movies around the world for 5 years now and I put more and more budget in my films. I've been trying to find a good and simple way to sell my films online, and I thought the easiest way would be directly on Vimeo. Could you implement a VOD and/or download selling system, something pretty much like the music store but for shorts ? This kind of platform does not really exist on the web, or at least in a simple and efficient way, and I'm sure it would have a great success. There's probably a whole lot of starting filmmakers like me that would appreciate to earn some revenue from their work to be able to make more and better films.

Big thanks !

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Pay Per View is something we are seriously looking into.

Nikias Chryssos

Nikias Chryssos Plus

Great, I am also very interested in an Pay Per View or Pay Per Download option. Are there any news on when that might happen, yet? Thanks a lot!

Vincent Campbell

Vincent Campbell PRO

Yes, please keep us updated on that matter =) I would still give some films for free like I do now, and sell some others through this future option.

Frost & Sullivan

Frost & Sullivan PRO

A couple of nice features seen on a competing service:

* Calls to Action
* Chaptering
* Realtime Analytics

Keyboard Interactive

Keyboard Interactive

Is there any way that the appearance of a customised portfolio theme can be saved and then applied to a new portfolio without having to start from scratch??? If not there's a feature that would make life easier...

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Not yet but we plan to add this "theme preset" function to future version.

Pierce Communications

Pierce Communications

Thank you. Let me add my vote for the "theme preset" function. Perhaps another way to accomplish that would be by adding the ability to duplicate an existing portfolio.

Sol M.

Sol M.

It would be incredible if we could use a full custom URL (e.g. domain.com/subdirectory) rather than just a custom DOMAIN (e.g. domain.com) for a portfolio.

This would allow us to create a single subdomain (e.g. videos.domain.com) and then let Vimeo handle the rest loading of specific portfolios based on the sub-directory.

To be clear, I am requesting the custom URL to be fully customizable, not to use the portfolio's default name as the subdirectory.

Gradient Positioning Systems

Gradient Positioning Systems PRO

YES! This should be #1. The fact that your free service allows this but the PRO does not is sad.

I need to be able to build custom sets of videos that display on any number of different websites I manage. I'd also like to be able to load videos into a single player instance.

DEADBUG says

DEADBUG says Plus

Next version? Hmmm no offence but you have not exactly been prolific in this department be nice if you added things instead of it being with each new version. Whitney Houston released more albums than u did versions!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

If you are familiar with our history you will agree that we've always iterated our product. A "version" is just a way of us describing the next step in the process for us, rather than referring to the next dot version release.

PRO is a new product for us and we have plenty of improvements planned which are all being prioritized.

Gradient Positioning Systems

Gradient Positioning Systems PRO

@Soxiam it would be nice if you kept your customers in the loop on the these things. timeframes don't need to be exact, but I hate being left in the dark just wondering when something is going to be updated.

CMR Studios

CMR Studios PRO

I also need to incorporate these portfolios into existing websites with things like headers, navs, and footers. Please consider making an embed option or iframe or something so that visitors can seamlessly arrive and leave the portfolio page. Like someone else said - it's inconvenient to have the logo link to the portfolio root and not the site root.

CMR Studios

CMR Studios PRO

Oh, and also, if I'm using various portfolios for different clients, I was shocked to see that the icon at the top of my browser still uses my Vimeo member icon rather than, say, the custom logo I uploaded for the portfolio. It's great that I have options for Vimeo branding, but obviously my client does not want my brand on their pages.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Are you referring to the favicon? If so, yes, we are looking into changing that to the uploaded custom logo. It won't be supported in all browsers but it should work in most.

Dingo Bill Productions

Dingo Bill Productions PRO

I would really like the option to insert meta data at the top of a portfolio to prevent it from being indexed by Google - just a little check box in the privacy settings page, and a little javascript insert shouldn't be difficult. I use the portfolio's for previewing in-progress videos to clients, so i don't want it showing up in my google searches... Please :)

createvfxinc

createvfxinc PRO

We can change the colour of the copy / symbols in the player. I'd really like to also request the ability to change the secondary colour used for the background behind the UI copy / symbols. The current very dark cyan / blue conflicts with our website colour scheme. A dark neutral grey is what we're after.

Judi Ulrey

Judi Ulrey PRO

We would REALLY like the ability to change the size of the player in the portfolio. It is too big!

HQMedEd

HQMedEd PRO

Would like if the title of the page gets the value of the title of the video. This would make social connections such as Facebook links make more sense. Thanks!

AgentZoo

AgentZoo PRO

another feature strongly missed- an easier way two delete one or more video at the same time.
It simply is too cumbersome to delete a video. Deleting 30 is a days work.
Thanks

André Rieu Studios

André Rieu Studios PRO

We need a download button to download the original files in our portfolio (just like there is on the regular website)

André Rieu Studios

André Rieu Studios PRO

Another request, when in video settings, tab "add to" an option to add it to a portfolio (new vimeo website)

Linda Mason

Linda Mason Plus

Can you use bold and italics in the description box? if not as a pro user that would be great!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Linda. Sorry but no. We do not allow HTML styling in our comments.

Grace Church

Grace Church PRO

I would also like the ability for further customization of portfolio pages; allowing HTML for styling and links in the description and customization of the favicon would be beneficial.

Ed Fergusson

Ed Fergusson PRO

Having a footer for legal stuff seems like an important one. Also, as a freelance motion designer I've found the Pro service amazing, but I'd like to have an option for an About or Contact page, or at the very least somewhere to put a few key pieces of HTML on the front page.

Clark Creative Group

Clark Creative Group PRO

In the video review page, it would be nice if the client could make a marker that corresponds to the comment they are making. Would make it a much clearer and quicker process of client review.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.