Milan Chotai

Milan Chotai

Hi,

I've looked through the forums but cannot find an answer to this except "use the Advanced API" even though I see no actual method.

In general, Pro is proving very difficult to interact with from 3rd-party tools like a WordPress plug-in.

I cannot seem to assign videos to albums or channels to get around the above issue unless I turn Community Access on, which I don't really want to do.

I also couldn't start this topic while logged in under our Pro account because "This action is currently disabled. Learn more about how PRO members can interact within the Vimeo Community."

Please provide exact instructions on how one can use the Advanced API to get videos in a Vimeo Pro Portfolio - without this basic capability we're stuck.

Studio December

Studio December

To Staff: A definitive answer would be helpful. If it is possible, could we possibly get an example? Thanks.

SKY U

SKY U PRO

We too are a Pro account user and are having a difficult time hooking into any api type of features. It would be perfect if they provide a method to access a portfolio. You'd think there'd be some base PHP code or the like being used currently in their portfolio "templates" they can open up and provide to their PRO customers. Any info on this guys?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Portfolios are not yet in the API, but it is planned to add them.

WVU Healthcare

WVU Healthcare PRO

Is there any update on this? What other ways are there for PRO members to get certain videos (i.e. similar to getting them from a portfolio)?

SKY U

SKY U PRO

I haven't heard anything yet from VIMEO except for their updated HubNut widget which now allows you to pull videos for specific portfolio sets. PRO users can't use "albums", etc. due to the commercial nature most of us are using the PRO account for. My client has about 200 or so videos up on the VIMEO account without anyway to sort them except by portfolios. We're at a real loss at the moment.

Final Touch Filmproduktion

Final Touch Filmproduktion PRO

I've been trying this now for weeks. Meanwhile the only way is an iFrame – ¿ Wold be nice to have an update on this. (since eg. Google also lists theese iFrames...)

Virgil Rockford

Virgil Rockford

Noted in the topic owners' first post that they were having trouble assigning videos to albums on a pro account- is this true? Or is this only a problem with portfolios (which obviously have no representation in the API)? If so this is a big problem- have a client that wants to build a pay-per-credit site using a pro account, and albums will be a must for development through the API for this project.

Wardour

Wardour PRO

Any solutions yet to get video via API for a Portfolio? HubNut widget is not exactly what the client is looking for. Need some code which works like the portfolio "template"!

Gradient Positioning Systems

Gradient Positioning Systems PRO

this is fairly annoying at this point. why are you limiting what your PAYING customers can do? especially when free accounts can do this no problem.

I am beyond frustrated. Please provide some type of update on this topic.

David Jedd

David Jedd

100% agree on this. It's really limiting to not be able to group your videos as a Pro User unless Community Pass is on. I think everyone wants to be respectful of the roots and artistic nature of Vimeo so it doesn't turn in to a mass of advertisements, but maybe a feature where it's a "private feed" that is not part of the community per say.

There are so many uses for this. In looking at plugins for WordPress and galleries, I came across Vimeography which is hands down the best gallery I have seen for Vimeo videos and WordPress integration. It's pretty much rendered useless with the limitations in place, which is a bummer, cause it's rad and Vimeo is rad.

Any thoughts on this?

Link: vimeography.com/

David Jedd

David Jedd

Probably could have just said +1API

what is the status on this? i have seen that albums, channels, and groups, but I still need to serve private videos on select websites.

this is beyond annoying at this point.... just make it work!

Hey Vimeo,

Why don't you respond to your customers? What's the status on this? Getting very close to leaving as this is a big issue for us.

SulserFilmProdx AG

SulserFilmProdx AG PRO

same here. +1 for a usable example how to extract video data, thumbnails and embed videos for a portfoliuo.. I had a working website, testing it on a free vimeo account via the simpla API - everything worked perfectly - I upgraded to pro - and what a surprise, that I probably have to start over.. what are they thinking exactly - the paying customer is the one with the least options, and the least user friendliness? come on vimeo, I really get frustrated here..
at least then help us and put various examples on how to do the things that were so easy with the open API in the advanced API, and allow wome way to group videos - this really is a pain...

Chris Mann

Chris Mann PRO

I've just found this thread as I am experiencing the same issues - somewhat disconcerted to find that Vimeo users have beena sking about this for a year with no response.

It's embarrassing as I advised a client to sign up for Vimeo Pro so as to be able to have his commercial videos hosted by you but added to a gallery on his website, and it seems there is no simple way of doing this except by laboriously embedding a separate player instance using an iframe for each video.

Could we have some feedback from Vimeo staff on this topic?

mauro

mauro

Geez, good to have stumbled on this page just in time. I need all that PRO gives, but with the need to organize videos in my own video solution using API access. But if i can't organize/group videos, it's pointless.

Brian Stemmler

Brian Stemmler PRO

It is my impression that it is more of a philosophical sticking point rather than a technical one on Vimeo's part regarding whether to allow this feature to Pro subscribers. I bet they will allow it shortly. But in the interim I would suggest looking into Bits On the Run by longtail. I have been using it for a couple years now to quickly upload and post up to 40 videos at a time. I can quickly and easily upload and sort these videos into a playlist player and embed it in my wordpress website behind a password protected page. The only drawback is the playlist player is not yet html5 compliant so it doesn't work on ipads but they sound close to releasing this. I love Vimeo but perhaps this other service might be a worthwhile supplement.

Link: bitsontherun.com

Stan

Stan

LAME! +1API

Joe Lumbroso

Joe Lumbroso Plus

+1 API.

Seriously. I made the mistake of recommending that my client upgrade to Vimeo Pro now they can't use the software I wrote for them. You're killing me and making me look bad. Boo.

SailFlix

SailFlix PRO

Vimeo support staff, where are the answers to the questions above????

Elle Tucker

Elle Tucker

This thread is well-over a year old and VIMEO still has yet to respond. This is a huge flaw! I upgraded to PRO for business, yet lost functionality! We're paying to have options and resources available to us... not have them taken away! VIMEO: please advise!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.