Monest

Monest Plus

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/video/24069451?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0", is invalid.
Reference #9.a61c434d.1316693600.1cd16916

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hello, sorry for the trouble. Your video played fine for me. Can you take a screen shot of the error message you are getting and post it to tinypic.com/ so that I can take a look?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hello, sorry for the trouble. Your portfolio worked for me in Chrome and IE. Can you make sure that your browsers are up to date, have their cache and cookies cleared and are not running any add-ons? Let me know if you continue to have this problem.

Miller International

Miller International

I'm still having the same issue. I've cleaned my cache, cookies and reboot my machine. There is nothing I can do that will make this work. Also people in my department are experiencing the same issue so it's not just on my computer. Here's the exact message I'm getting after entering the password .

"Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again."

Not sure how I'm going to get this one fixed. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Vincent

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Vincent, sorry about that. Form session expirations are usually fixed by clearing the browser's cache and cookies. However, we'll look into this and see if anything is up with our side which could be causing this.

Bob Stelder

Bob Stelder

Hello there,
Just 2 days ago I joined Vimeo and already I get these messages Invalid url. I even get them on vimeo.com
Never ever had this message with any other website.
Thanks for your effort.
Bob Stelder

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Bob, sorry about that. Can you describe more specifically where you are seeing this message?

Miller International

Miller International

Hi Ian. I still have the same problem and it seems there is nothing I can do to change it. Also, If I select now "Allow people to download the souce video" I can never see the link whee you can actually download the video. It worked last week but doesn't anymore. A bit frustrated here. Is anybody found anything about this issue of not being able to log on to a portfolio after getting the following message. "Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Vincent

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Vincent, sorry for the frustration. I have not been able to replicate your form session issue and your portfolio is showing fine for me. This is most oftenly resolved by a simple clearing of a browser's cache and cookies. This isn't working for you? Also, when you allow people to download the source video, the link should appear on your video's review page. Can you link me to a specific video that you are having trouble with?

Miller International

Miller International

I have included the url. Ian, I develop software for a living. You asked me many times about cleaning the cache and cookies which I've done more than once. I used CCleaner for that purpose which will get rid of everything (cache, history, cookies, etc...)

Also it seems I'm not the only experiencing this issue as I can see on the forum. BTW. Do you guys have a support team that I could call? I cannot find any phone numbers.

Thank you,

Vincent

Link: vimeopro.com/millerinternational/cruel-denim

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Vincent, sorry, I think you are confusing your portfolio page with with your video review page. You will find the download link on this page: vimeo.com/millerinternational/review/29346298/ae96adb85b Also, in regards to the form session issue, I am sorry this is taking so long, but it is very difficult to diagnose when we cannot replicate the issue on our side. Have you tried accessing your portfolio page from non work computers? Did you get the same message? Because others in your department are also getting this message I'm curious if this may be related to your company's IT/IE setup.

Miller International

Miller International

Ian, what I want to send to my users is the portfolio address, from there they'll choose which one they need to download. this revie link isw something I looked at originally but I felt it ws totally useless to use I NEED to logged in to have this link validated. I do not want my customers to have access to Vimeo account. If I logout and try to access the link you've sent me I get an error message.

"Sorry but we couldn't find the page you are looking for. Please check to make sure you've typed the URL correctly. You may also want to search for what you are looking for. "

Thank you,

Vincent

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Vincent, unfortunately that is not a feature of portfolios. However, you do not need to be logged into Vimeo nor be a Vimeo user to access and download your video file from the video review page and those who go to the page will not have access to any other information pertaining to your account. When logged out from Vimeo, that link I sent you works fine for me and with others.

Miller International

Miller International

Well that's the problem for me. On one side I have you telling me than things should work a certain way and that they work for you but nothing does for me. So what is the point to have the portfolio? I thought they were made for someone like me to send customers to. and yes I want this to be password protected as it is supposed to be private and non public.

Yes again, if I'm not logged in to my profile the review page link you sent me does not work. it say the page does not exist. I've never had any problems with others sites that way. We're using YouTuve as well and we have no problem whatsoever.

Do you have a tech support at Vimeo. Could you answer that question please?

Thank you,

Vincent

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Vincent, sorry, I'm not telling you 'tha[t] things should work a certain way', I'm simply saying that after testing, everything on our side is working properly, and that the problem appears to lie on your side. The point of portfolios, if you so choose, is to send them to customers. However, you cannot download videos through a portfolio. You can download videos through a video review page. Video review pages do not require you to be logged into Vimeo. We have verified this specifically with your page and have concluded that you may be typing in the URL wrong. The Help Forum that you are currently in along with email (support[at]vimeo[dot]com) is our tech support.

Have you tried accessing your portfolio page from a non work computer? Did you get the same message? Because others in your department are also getting this message I'm curious if this may be related to your company's IT/IE setup.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.