YourLittleFilm

YourLittleFilm

For small business and enterprise - it would be helpful if Vimeo offered multi-user accounts to see who's posting what and who has authorization to delete or change descriptions, etc

I have three freelancers that post to my account and have credentials - and possibly more to come. And I'm sure a good handful of other Vimeoians do too. Any one of those freelancers could make a mistake or go off the deep end and mess with the videos on my account (see recent YouTube hacks on Microsoft and PBS YT accounts)

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This has been our original thinking we had in mind for Vimeo PRO as well and we hope to add true multi-user and more collaborative tools in future releases.

Media Arts at UOW

Media Arts at UOW

I am currently looking to purchase a Pro account for our university course. We would like to have an account that would allow students to upload their works to the account. (We are talking about 100+ students). Is there a way to do this?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As stated above, it's something we might add in the future but this is not possible right now.

Media Arts at UOW

Media Arts at UOW

Can you recommend an alternative way to acheive something similar? For example, if each student has a vimeo account, would I set up a group or a channel that links up all their works? Thanks.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, you can create and maintain a group where only people (among registered vimeo users) you want are allowed to join.

Stevens 470

Stevens 470 Plus

I just want to 2nd that request. I have clients ask me if they can upload videos directly in stead of sending them to me and then me uploading them, but I don't feel confortable giving them access to our account.

Don Pham

Don Pham Plus

it would be a great feature. DO IT PLease!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As I stated above, this was our original thinking behind PRO and we hope we will be able to offer this in future iteration of the product.

TruVision Studios

TruVision Studios PRO

+1 Vote For Pro Account Multi User Feature >> Or at least a Pro staff user account that allows users to upload new videos to a Pro account, but not modify or delete old content.

Cut2SizeMetals

Cut2SizeMetals PRO

Vimeo - gotta have this or we have to look for another solution. We have multiple people adding content, as well as people who need to just see the analytics data, etc.

Coptermedia

Coptermedia PRO

Amazing that this kind of pretty basic thing is not available in Vimeo. I find this very stupid and it will completely ruin the basic idea of having PRO with multiple admins adding and controlling the site.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. I'm just curious. Do you know of many services in our space that offer this? If so, could you list them?

Coptermedia

Coptermedia PRO

I dont know what you mean, but basically every single service that has to do with blogs, chats, website, webshops or anything that is commercially important for business does have multi user platform, either for free or by updating the account. I wouldnt expect one of the most professional services, lacking this.

You know why businesses prefare to use Vimeo today instead of YouTube? Mainly because Vimeo users are more demanding and Vimeo`s public profile is more professional and clean. That why we would use it also - to get our message out clean and pure.

I updated my profile to PLUS and now to PRO because I was 100% sure that if you offer Vimeo PRO mainly for businesses that pay for it and uses it as business tool, you certainly would have multi user feature. But no - to say the least, I was really disappointed and now I have to possibly change my email address to general one like INFO@RIDICULOUS.COM, open an alias account for it and generate a internal company password for those who update our profile.

There is fortunately an option for this as well. We dont have to use Vimeo, if you see this kind of feature something that is difficult to establish, I believe you are not listening to your clients - simple as that.

And btw, check the messages above - there are dozens of users demanding the same. Maybe you should listen?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

My question was in response to your comment that you think this is "kind of pretty basic" and that you were surprised to see it not available on vimeo. I was wondering if you saw this type of accounts on other services out there in video sharing space.

sean hobson

sean hobson

I work for a very large University and we are currently evaluating solutions to host video across a number of campuses and departments. I am a big fan of Vimeo but it is not reasonable for every department to have their own Vimeo account (mostly because they don't have the support people in place). It makes much more sense to have one enterprise account for the entire University which which individual department admins could control their own video. Currently, companies like Kaltura and Wistia are leading the way in this effort (to offer some specific name). Your pricing model, quality and functionality are a step above the competition but administrative flexibility is holding you back a bit from leading the pack. I would be eager to talk through this with any of your Biz Dev folks (Laura, Gregg, other?) but I can't seem to get a response through the traditional routes ().

Marketing Support, Inc.

Marketing Support, Inc. PRO

I am looking for the same multi-user feature, as stated in the original post, in my Pro account as well. We have several people that need to post videos to the account and I would like to be able to control who can get and who can't. It would also be nice to track who posted what and made settings changes to the videos.
Do you have an update on when the feature will be available?

Play with a Pro

Play with a Pro Plus

Pleaaaaase Vimeo- show us all why we trust you being the leading platform for video uploads and distribution-please don´t get behind but put the standards as high as you have done previously.
Add multi user accounts- with different administrative roles. This is without a doubt the future-
and don´t let Kaltura take the gold medal. I have a feeling that you will soon break the sound barrier with this feature- and hit bulls eye- that would truly be a dream come true and open up for many thousands new sites and possibilities.
Make us proud Vimeo users:)

Guaranteed Rate

Guaranteed Rate PRO

As an IT manager and someone who works in IT security, I was shocked that I have to have a shared account for your "pro" offering. It's frankly incredibly flaky and amateurish (vimeo-ama?) and I'm very disappointed by this. We'll make do, but please get this online asap. It's just a bad idea (terminated employees, changing the account and resharing with everyone etc).

Arjuna Elektronik

Arjuna Elektronik

Wistia have this capability. Can we please have this enabled on PRO ?

Professor Cross presents:

Professor Cross presents: PRO

Okay, I admit, I purchased the PRO option without checking the features... caveat emptor.

That said, I too need a site where my students can upload rough-cuts and we as a group can offer comments and suggestions. I purchased PRO because of the 50 gig limit but I'll start checking with my IT service at the University and perhaps find an in-house solution.

I'd be very interested in continuing the conversation with my academic colleagues who have commented here. roy.cross@concordia.ca

Thanks,

Roy

Link: cinema.concordia.ca/people/film-production-faculty/cross-roy.php

AppFolio, Inc.

AppFolio, Inc. PRO

+1

Soxiam, what does it matter if this feature is not widely available on other platforms? It's clearly desired. This should be an opportunity, not an excuse. You guys are innovators. Go innovate!

Munetrix

Munetrix PRO

We also need this feature for our training videos. To answer Soxiam's question, our cloud-based municipal fiscal distress database permits multiple admin accounts for the same municipality or school district. We even delegate the management of these accounts to state-level professional associations at each state. We switched from YouTube because Vimeo permits replacing an existing video with a newer version. Having multiple admin accounts, or an account to permit uploads, would be the final "nice-to-have" feature. We will still use Vimeo without it but I don't like handing out my login.

Link: munetrix.com

Devgineer

Devgineer

I agree that mulitiuser is a needed feature and also the ability to allow other Vimeo users to be able to post to your groups and channels.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Regarding the ability to allow other members to add videos to groups... you can do that by adding people as moderators.

Play with a Pro

Play with a Pro Plus

Hi Soxiam.
I can imagine how annoying such a thread like this one must be, but is there any info you can provide us with in terms of the above mentioned features?
We are a Danish company that creates classical music videos to more than 90 countries and we have spent months with Kaltura- but had to give it up- unfortunately- they were not there yet.
Would it be possible to provide us with any kind of information that could calm us down :) or to make us cry...:(
Thanks a lot and appreciate your patience:)
best regards, Adam.

Church of the Nazarene

Church of the Nazarene PRO

We were so desperate for this functionality that we wrote a website with the vimeo api's to do the uploads for us. We then password protected that website per user and that accomplished the same thing. However, we are still pretty disappointed that Vimeo didn't offer this out of the box.

Jeff Sutton

Jeff Sutton

Vimeo Staff:
Is there any type of widget that would allow users to upload videos to a portfolio that is password protected? I know this is a similar request, but might be an easier angle to accomplish allowing user generated content on a specific page.

jwoolson

jwoolson

+1 for multi-admin/user accounts!

77media

77media PRO

+1 for multi-admin/user accounts!

Georgia Baptist Convention

Georgia Baptist Convention PRO

Seriously? This post is at least a year old and you have not provided the multi-user feature?
+1 for multi-admin on PRO accounts!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We of course appreciate the suggestions from our community, but we do not implement something just because it's a popular opinion.

We have to choose what makes sense to build from a user experience, financial, and technical perspective. That being said, Sox did mention that this was something we were considering for a future iteration of PRO, but I cannot say if it will be part of our upcoming revamp.

I personally think it makes sense to have something like this, but there's a lot of work around making that happen.

David Gómez-Rosado

David Gómez-Rosado PRO

+ 1. Multiple-users and admin rights is a feature that most people associate with the word PRO and business-class services.

Torsten Dettlaff

Torsten Dettlaff

I would love multi-users. It's a standard feature on most commercial hosting accounts (Wistia, Vzaar) and I'm actually really surprised that Vimeo Pro does not offer this.

Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson Plus

Has anyone found any sites that allow this I would love to know looking for something that our agents can upload from their phones to one site.

Crossroads Community Church

Crossroads Community Church PRO

Matt,
You see the need. Try passing on the suggestion of creating another tier called "Enterprise." Not that I want to pay more but I'm working on someone else's login right now. Need to have contributor users and admin users on a corporate account.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We agree this would be cool, and we're really considering it, but unfortunately there's not much more to say at this time :(

Design3

Design3 PRO

It sounds like the arena is already full of hats, but here, take mine too.

:)

Thanks guys, love the service.

State of Missouri

State of Missouri PRO

Much needed. Whether it's expansion of Pro, Business, or Enterprise.

We very much NEED to support multiple users, heck multiple accounts under a single unified systems of billings and video preferences.

Haymaker

Haymaker PRO

+1 for multi-user. Would be very helpful.

STULZ GmbH

STULZ GmbH PRO

I'm missing this feature as well. Sharing passwords is impractical here, so one single person has to manage all corporate videos.

2College

2College Plus

+1 for multi-admin/managed multi-user accounts provisioning..

SGWI Video

SGWI Video PRO

I have purchased VimeoPro for our organization and have had really good success with it... now another part of my company want to use it for their hosting. I was disappointed when I found this service is still not supported so I may create separate user account and passwords for other users in my company.

Materia Software

Materia Software Plus

Brightcove (a competitor of sorts to vimeo) offers this functionality.... Hope to see multiuser accounts on Vimeo.
I think the way to do it would be by attaching the admins to Channels. The flow would be: I create a channel -> i give access to my employees/other people to that channel -> employees can login and manage the channel too. Ideally you would have some level of user access policy too (user per channel).

The Farm

The Farm

I was hoping for multi-user uploading also. Our situation is we are one small company, but 3 or 4 people will be uploading video for different clients. After finding this wasn't possible, I was hoping to use the Channel or Groups functionality, but since all of our videos are Private, this doesn't appear to be possible.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.