Mark

Mark Staff

Hey everybody! We've determined that this is due to a bug in Flash 11.0.1. We suggest you do one of the following.

1) Switch to Chrome or Safari and use the HTML5 player
vimeo.com/help/faq#switch_player
2) Downgrade to version 10.3 of Flash adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
3) Try making sure the date and time on your computer is set correctly.

Adobe is working on these issues and hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Aleks

Aleks

Videos doesnt play in vimeo but they do when they are embedded to some other websites. I have adobe flashplayer 11.0.1 and I use google chrome browser.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you describe what happens when you try to play them on Vimeo? Have you tried switching between the Flash and HTML5 player? There's a link below the player.

Aleks

Aleks

yup ive tried that. its like I put play and it loads like in 2 secs and thats all

olga tzimou

olga tzimou Plus

I have the same problem. Videos doesn't even load on vimeo but on other sites they do

Michel Massicotte

Michel Massicotte Plus

Same issue. Videos not loading in Vimeo. Noticed issue when updating my website. Videos behave like a strobe, as thought switching between 2 frames, and same videos not loading when viewed from here. All videos at my site are behaving the same way.

Link: http://empathechanneller.com/

Finn Jackson

Finn Jackson

I am getting something very similar.
Google Chrome 15.0.874.106 on Mac OSX 10.6.8

I can go to ANY video on Vimeo and the place where the video would usually be is just a large white space. And no buttons to switch between flash and html5 player.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Finn, are you running any browser add ons with Chrome? These may be preventing videos from playing.

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Same problem here. I could watch the video if I try to look at it through the embed preview, BUT, the video, all videos won't play in the VIMEO website.
Just tries to load for a second and stop. Nothing plays. Just 0:0:0

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. Are you running any browser add-ons, anti spyware software or firewalls?

Finn Jackson

Finn Jackson

Ian,
I am running shareaholic, bitly, and Delicious BUT it was working fine with these three days ago and I have added none since then.
There was an unspecified "software update" at about the same time. I do not know which application that was for though. Perhaps Chrome.

Thanks for your help.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hmm, can you try disabling all of your add ons and see if that helps?

Finn Jackson

Finn Jackson

hi,
I am assuming that add ons appear as mini-icons on the right of my search bar.
I have right-clicked and disabled all of them.
The videos still will not play, or even appear. I still only get white space where the video window should be.

Finn Jackson

Finn Jackson

PS
Chrome seems to be calling them extensions, which I assume are the same thing. All are disabled.

jan zavodny

jan zavodny

Hi, I have problem with playing videos. When i click on PLAY, it 2 times blink, but don´t play the movie. It is the same problem in Opera, GoogleChrome. Help me, please. Thak you! ;-)

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Jan,

Can you please try using Chrome after reinstalling it and see if that works?

J&H

J&H

Same here, no video playing......

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi,

Can you please try playing after totally reinstalling Chrome?

jan zavodny

jan zavodny

Yes, couch mode is OK. But it is´t it.

Saladinho

Saladinho

Same problem. Just a white space with no video showing. I have IE 8 and even if I try to click on a link like from a site from Twitter, it won't work.

jan zavodny

jan zavodny

You must delete and reinstall your AdobeFlash player in IE. Now it work..

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Doesn't fix it for me. Uninstalled Flashplayer and re installed latest. Nothing

Finn Jackson

Finn Jackson

All now seems to be working fine, thank you.

jan zavodny

jan zavodny

Try it uninstall in "Uninstall a program" in "Control panel".

Babuino

Babuino

Same problem with me. Any soluction?

Anne Tetrault

Anne Tetrault

Still not able to view videos with IE or Chrome despite uninstalling and reinstalling Flash. I am however, able to view video on my iPad which uses the HTML5. Sadly, this loads so slowly that the video pauses too often. Is it a site problem??

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hey all,

Please try reinstalling your Flash player then reinstalling Chrome. Also please make sure Chrome has no extensions installed and see if that helps.

jan zavodny

jan zavodny

So try delete all cookies in all browsers and flash player. I did it, but then I must reinstall all browsers. The cookies was maybe the reason. Unisnstall all in your browsers and install it all againt. Then it must be right.

Babuino

Babuino

Videos in couch mode is ok. Just play fine, no problem.
But in the other mode just don't play!!! I'm Waiting for a soluction.
(Edit) Well I remember that I updated my drives on the Nvidia. before these problems occur. Is there any connection, some of you did this too?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Have you tried totally clearing your cache and cookies then trying again?

Babuino

Babuino

Yes, Just don't work....

Jeffrey Conley

Jeffrey Conley

I have this same problem. Chrome and IE9 both fail to play - when clicking play the button changes briefly but nothing happens. Re installed adobe flash and both browsers and have cleared cookies/ history with no improvement. I can watch videos in couch mode though. This is a new problem within the past week, no recent changes to my computer.

noelsamson

noelsamson Plus

I have the same problem with Jeffrey Conley. I can only play the video only in couch mode.This also happens with my 2 other computers. Hope vimeo can resolve this.

komêo

komêo

Hello! I can't watch my videos once again

Jakub Lesko

Jakub Lesko

I can´t watch any videos on Vimeo last two days on my computer ,but on the other computer it works. I don´t understand why.

tim jucotan

tim jucotan

hello and good evening to everyone.. im having a bit of a problem playing a video, when i click on the play button its just there and the pause button wont show up.. but instead the screen will just blink.. i first notice this on a web page that i usually log on to.. then i tried to watch it using the site itself and its still doing the same.. any possible solutions will be much appreciated.. thanks

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Embedded videos work fine, but videos played within VIMEO's website really all refuse to play with 3 different browsers, IE9, latest Chrome, Firefox 7, all with latest flash reinstalled and installed again, cookies and cache cleared. Why oh why?

Babuino

Babuino

A guy's staff, said he is working on it. I believe we will soon have a return. I think.

gregcourtney

gregcourtney

Same problem, when I click on a video it flashes once and doesn't play. Videos will play in couch mode however. Tried using Chrome/IE but neither will work. Works fine on my laptop however. Uninstalled flash and chrome then reinstalled but no luck as they still wont work.

Dong Hun Shin

Dong Hun Shin Plus

Same problem here... I have tried a couple of days and it was on and off... today, I found something wrong which I can't solve.

In a word, the vimeo video doesn't play either on vimeo site or any embedded sites. I don't know why...

alexgwartney

alexgwartney

when i try tp play it just flashes on and off repededley and dosnt play at all.

Daniel Bartlett (DSB Video)

Daniel Bartlett (DSB Video) Plus

i have the same problem as alex it just blinks repeatedly and doesnt play im running the latest version of flash and have tried using chrome and firefox but still nothing even though 4 days ago it was fine with the exact same system it must be somthing wrong with vimeo as everyone has tried the apparent solutions and failed hope you guys can sort it soon

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

It kind of weird that I can play the videos through the embed preview but not straight from the website itself.
Coding problem maybe... 3 browsers, I doubt it's a plugin problem anymore.

eartcom

eartcom

i have the same problem, but i formated hard disk drive and reinstall system - still wont work , maybe this is problem with newest flash player ?

alexgwartney

alexgwartney

i just think it has to be something with viemo itself because i updated my flash player.

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Just tried Opera, all 4 browsers don't work for me, IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Sigh....

Babuino

Babuino

The problem is spreading... And unsolved

eartcom

eartcom

But my friend have older version flash player, and thare still working good

Steven Hobbs

Steven Hobbs

same problem as you all (plays in couch): ...no extensions, clear cache, clear cookies, reinstall flash, reinstall chrome .... nada

presynkt productions

presynkt productions PRO

day 4 of no videos except in couch mode.

uninstalled and re installed all the goods.

nothing

Stuart McBratney

Stuart McBratney PRO

Same problem here too. Flashes twice, then nothing. Bad timing as I just sent my Vimeo page off to a whole pile of potential clients. Please fix this asap!

Medical Media

Medical Media PRO

Hi there,

Never had problems until now. Vimeo does not play any video's now and then. Tried dirrent browsers, different pc's/macs. Very dissapointing as we have 1,2 million viewers of our website each month and viewers plus clients do not see anything when they hit play!
See example I added in URL.

Can this be fixed asap?

Thanks & Kind regards,
Marije

Link: vimeo.com/31716117

Once Upon A Time In Brooklyn

Once Upon A Time In Brooklyn Plus

To All Those Concerned mainly VIMEO STAFF who have been unable or unwilling to fix a issue which has been plaguing it's costumers for the last 4 days.

I currently have 2 PLUS accounts
I have NOT updated or made any changes in the last week
but
never the less 4 days ago the issue of any video unable to play on my browers
SAFARi 5.1.1
CHROME 15.0.874.106
or FIREFOX (which incidentally I uninstalled)

NONE were able to play VIMEO

running on MAC OS 10.6.8

when I uninstalled Flash
then VIMEO would play
but youtube, google, chats would not

on my other MACS (powerpc processors running 10.5.8) there is no issue

CAN VIMEO PLEASE GET BACK TO IT"S CUSTOMERS and FIX THIS USSUE?

WE HAVE NOT MADE ANY CHANGES BUT IT IS A PERSiTSTING PROBLEM THAT HAS NOT YET BEEN SUCCESSFULLY ADDRESSED

thank you for your time and patience

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Same here Windows 7 64Bit Latest browsers all 4 major, updated flash.

Seriously, if it were not for the great videos here, I would exclusively use Youtube.

I'm sure Google is happy with all this Vimeo problems going on.

Sigh..

PS
the last reply from STAFF was 2 days ago from Matt Schwarz
am i to believe that VIMEO is avoiding this issue hoping that it just magically goes away?

one final note
Couch Mode works
on all browsers
but embedded preview does not.

it seems at least for me the issue is one of compaitblity with something either VIMEO changed with it's player (within the last 4 days), that affected in part intel based macs running 10.6.8 or later
uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe latest Flash player (ver 11) doe not work
neither does downgrading to earlier versions

but as reiterated above

Uninstalling flash Completely allows VIMEO to work like before - but does not allow any other applications or browsers work, You can have VIMEO or the rest but not both.

NOTE: On Friday the BLINKING issue and not playing at all was isolated to just some videos but what was happening was VIMEOS inability to keep me logged in, it kept showing me logged out repeatedly.

I apologize if some of the wording above sounded sarcastic, as all here might well understand this has been quite a frustrating 4 days with no help from elsewhere but what we each do left to our own devices.

PS : NOT RUNNING any browser add-ons, anti spyware software or firewalls.

Mark

Mark Staff

Our developers have been alerted of these issues and are looking into it. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

copying relevant information from vimeo.com/forums/topic:44430

This is more than likely a javascript error.

Which is why it fails across several browsers on several platforms (but why it only works on some computers and not others is still a mystery to me).

If I tweak the flashvars so that the js_getConfig is removed then the player works fine for the flash player.

The embedded version of the video does not execute this same javascript code and that's why it works there.

I doubt its the actual js_getConfig function because all that does is return the config but rather something else that executes it.

with the HTML5 player I get an error in the javascript console:
"Source file not supported, attempting to fall back to a lower quality..."

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

when comparing the javascript code of the HTML5 player against a machine where the video works...

both appear to load the html5 player in exactly the same way.

However when the play button is pressed, on my broken machine (my Mac) I receive:

Permission Denied Sorry but you do not have the proper permission to access this area of Vimeo.

which naturally causes the video object throw an exception of MediaError with a code 4.

So perhaps it has something to do with permission handling and the way signatures are passed...?

also of note... on my Mac, the HTTP request that returns "Permission Denied" is an "HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content"

but on my Linux box (where video works), its an HTTP/1.1 302 Found

and a link to the actual location with what appears to be a proper token.

TSD Parent School Partnership

TSD Parent School Partnership

Looks like this is a similar issue to topic #44493. Right now no videos play from the Vimeo site, however, embedded videos play fine as does the embed preview. Otherwise, just a black screen. This happens in both Chrome and IE9. My tech guys say they will send you a packet capture of the transmission if you'd like that. Please help/advise. Thank you!

TSD please send Mark and the Vimeo Staff anything, captured packet of transmissions, beer, chips, donations, bribes, anything, the faster they fix this blunder the better, installing and unisntalling flash is just as bad as playing the videos in couch mode = 5 days so far of pulling teeth . . .

Irvine unfortunately the embedded player does not work for me. It just does that epileptic blink thing just as the regular player does.
An easy fix would just be for whoever at Vimeo DID something 5 days ago (with all good intentions) to just UNDO whatever it was they initially DID, it would save a whole lot of customers a level 10 splitting migraine . . .

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

Your issue appears to be something different from my issue (and other people in this thread) in that your video actually loads.

I don't know if that means you should be putting your problem in another thread...

But your issue is definitely related to the Flash player itself because it sounds like it works with the HTML5 player (which is what Vimeo should use if you've uninstalled Flash).
Be careful about Chrome since it has its own flash player built in.

For me, the thumbnail loads but when you press the play button, for a half second the video appears as though it is loading but then stops and shows a 0:00 time.
The HTML5 player loads the "oops" message after pressing play.

but it works as an embedded video.. but for me... not in the Couch Mode.

Irvine
this IS the THREAD related to an unmentioned event that initiated this unfortunate incident. The Thread that we both are on where half of the complaints are the issues you mention and the other half with issues I mention, (you should kindly reread the thread from the beginning carefully twice before jumping to any premature conclusions) ALL these issues both yours, mine as well as everyone else in this thread irrespective of operating system ALL appeared 5 days ago. That said, Vimeo should have already resolved this matter. That this issue lasted 5 days is an utter embarrassment to say the least.
This isn't some rinky dink site, this is Vimeo, which most of us pay a yearly subscription to . . . .

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

I'm just trying to make it easier for the vimeo staff to figure things out.
No need to take it out on me.

Gerrick Winston

Gerrick Winston Plus

Hello all! I just wanted to add to the number of casualties in the quest to bring Vimeo back to life! I've installed/uninstalled Adobe Flash player three times now...cleared my cache a few times, all to no avail...I'm also not using Google Chrome either...

Aimz

Aimz

I've had the same problem for 3 days now. When I try to play a video it would just blink and nothing would play. I used all my browsers. Chrome, Safari and Firefox. I have also tried playing videos on my itouch and nothing plays.

Brandon R

Brandon R

I joined just to put this here. I am having the exact issue. I have 2 computers. One with W7 64bit and one with Vista 64bit. W7 will not play videos. Has IE, Firefox, and Chrome. All with up to date flash. Click play and video just flashes. Plays fine in couch mode.

Vista computer plays videos just fine everywhere.

Zeffiron

Zeffiron

holaaa i have the same problem when i try tp play it just flashes on and off ... and I can´t watch any videos on Vimeo ... que esta pasandoooo ? .. :=(

Link: pericodelospalotes.com jajajajaja ... ^^

Brandon R

Brandon R

Well I solved my problem. My Win7 laptop had the date as 11/8/11, when today is actually 11/7/11. I changed the date and the videos work. Its a new laptop that shipped from China. I changed the time and didn't realize the date was different. Wow...

Mark

Mark Staff

Well that's strange... Thanks for letting us know you fixed it!

T Lee

T Lee

I just did that and it worked! Thanks brandon!

Zeffiron

Zeffiron

this is really stupid but is true jajajaja XD

put the correct date on your pc and the problem will be solved ...... disculpen mi ingles ^^

Link: unpericoperezcualquiera.com jajajajaja ^^

Salvador Jimenez

Salvador Jimenez Plus

what is going on? i have a brand new computer and im having the problem described aboved... why can i play my videos in my crap windows vista pc but not my i7 laptop?

eartcom

eartcom

Yes, if you will change system date like Brandon the problem will be solved. Brandon are you magicman ?? heh :-)

Brandon, Xemdryam, eartcom, I am currently overseas on a shooting so my date and time reflect European locations. This doesn't apply in my case . . . Do you mean that all setting must be on American time zones?

This is the strangest thing, here in Europe were I am now it is 12:10pm but back home in Brooklyn it's 5:10am. When i set the clock back to NY time it works but when i set it to the current location European time zone it does not . . . hey VIMEO what is the explanation behind this?

ora ito

ora ito Plus

For me:
— Videos play, you can hear the sound but *no image* (black or white rectangle).
— This happens for the vimeo.com site, embedded videos, and couch mode.
— You can see the videos when switching to fullscreen mode (via right click on the black rectangle).
— This seems to be a Flash Player issue, because I just re-installed it (to version 11.0.1.152, on Win7), and the problems described are visible on both IE9 and Opera11, but not Chrome (which makes sense since Chromes uses it's own bundled version of Flash Player).

Hope you can fix this as soon as possible.

peter lai

peter lai

I have the same problem, no play after click on the play button what happens? Advise,...please!

Link: http://

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Time trick doesn't work. Still doesn't play.

Jslktr

Jslktr

Hello everybody, I also have a problem to read videos on viméo. I can see the apperçu of the video, but when I push on play, impossible to read. It jerk but does not load. I am under firefox. I tried it reinstalled but i do not work. I have the same problem with safari. I tried of reinstalled the plugin flash player, but it do not work. Thank you for your help

simon griffiths

simon griffiths

Had this problem all weekend. Just checked my computers date/time. It was a day fast, changed it back to the proper date and everything works fine again. Thanks guys.

Jslktr

Jslktr

are you sure simon? my computers date/time is ok.. so it still doesn't work.. pleaaaase heeeeelp

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Yes, staff, please don't feel that the time/date fixes it for everyone. It certainly doesn't for me and for others as well.
Where is the sense of urgency?
Should we just switch to another?

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

Although this might resolve the issues with the Flash Player,
our HTML5 player still fails with the "permission denied"

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

Also... If its a Flash issue, it doesn't explain why the "embed" version works fine using the Flash Player.

Vuly Trampolines

Vuly Trampolines

How can it be a bug in Flash 11.0.1 when the HTML5 player doesn't work either?

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

For those who did the time fix:

Did this issue only happen to you this week... (when those of us in the USA ended Daylight Savings Time and fell an hour back) or did it happen before this week?

..and the issue you were seeing before the time fix... was the video loading and stuttering between the first few frames
or
did the video fail to load completely staying stuck on 0:00

I have the failed loading stuck 0:00 issue and the time change did not fix anything.

Mark

Mark Staff

Please see my post above yours.

Jslktr

Jslktr

thank you Mark but it still doesn't work..i 've downgraded to version 10.3 of flash player but, nothing... and how can we switch to the player html 5? thanks

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

if you click the link to a video's page (not channel pages) for example: vimeo.com/31624703

on the bottom right in the area right above the advertisements, you should see a blue link that says "Switch to HTML5 Player"

click it and try to play the video again.
Let us know if it works for you.

Link: vimeo.com/31624703

roxor

roxor

Hi! I'm from Romania. Same problem here. Solved.
Romania have GTM+2 and the PC was set at GTM+8 with date and time on manual. I changed the "time zone" to GTM+2 and the videos works perfectly.

....sorry for my poor english. :P

Shawn Bann

Shawn Bann Plus

Rolled back to 10.3 and still no luck playing any videos via Vimeo

James Davis

James Davis Plus

Sorry, doesnt work for me either. I have to watch my videos on my iPhone Vimeo App which works but IE8 and 9 doesnt work. Downgraded to 10.3, still doesnt work.

Amenon

Amenon Plus

Same prob just started appearing here too - I'm on Firefox normally but get the same issue in Safari. Don't feel like rolling back Flash when it worked fine until a few minutes ago and doesn't fix things for others. Smells a bit like something server-side?

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

try clicking the "embed" button on the video and in the dialog that pops up there is small version of the video on the bottom. See if that plays the video just fine.

Also try clicking the "Switch to HTML5 Player" which appears on the bottom right of a video page (not that embed dialog) and see if that works.

if the embedded video works... but the HTML5 doesn't then you're experiencing what I'm experiencing.

and I've determined that its a javascript/permission (signature generation) issue.

Amenon

Amenon Plus

My reply would be same as Chris Kurose's just below.

Fact is one moment I was able to view all videos normally - next moment I just get the dreaded white box.

Since the problem is widespread across geographies and technologies, it seems to me that it must be a server-related problem.

It seems to me a little strange that there appears to be *much* more interest and energy going into this worldwide problem, which has affected large sections of the community, from you Irvine (thank you!) than from any Vimeo staffer.

Chris Kurose

Chris Kurose

1) There is no link to switch to HTML5 player beneath any videos

2) I downgraded to 10.3 and still get a blank white space where the video should be

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

does the "embed" video work?
When you mouseover the video, click the "embed" button and see if the "preview video" plays fine.

you should see the "Switch to HTML 5 Player" on an individual video page (eg. vimeo.com/23060070 ) above the "about this video" on the bottom right of the page.
..assuming you're using a modern browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari

The HTML5 player doesn't use Flash so it should not be affected by your downgrade.

Link: vimeo.com/23060070

desert spirit

desert spirit

The preview video does not play either when I mouse over the embed button. None of my videos play either on VIMEO or on sites on which I have embedded the videos. They just flash briefly or repeatedly.

Link: vimeo.com/31401495

Dragon Fireworks

Dragon Fireworks Plus

Sorry Mark, still doesn't solve things. I've had the problem for months, shortly after upgrading to Lion. I first thought it was an OS issue, but even after multiple uninstallations / reinstalls of flash, specific machines (iMacs in my case) just don't play. One macbook pro still works fine. Embed view works as always.

Janelle Gray

Janelle Gray

I had this exact same thing happen on my macbook pro, turns out my date was a day ahead, changed it and wallah. Don't understand but glad it works again.

KidderD

KidderD

I have the same problem with this version

This is the second time this has happened, what the hell is going on over there Adobe?

Doug Hagens

Doug Hagens

I believe this happened once before to me. The solution was to modify a particular Vimeo video setting (cannot remember what it was) on just one video. Then all videos could be viewed after that. Does this sound familiar? Because I need help myself now.

desert spirit

desert spirit

none of my videos will play...they flash when I click the play button. I have them embedded on another website and they do not play there either. They just flash blinking effects when I try to play them.

Link: vimeo.com/31401495

Vuly Trampolines

Vuly Trampolines

FYI changing my time to yesterday OR changing my timezone from Brisbane, Australia to NY, NY didn't work for me. Only embeds work, no flash on vimeo, no html5 on vimeo, no couch mode on vimeo.

Dragon Fireworks

Dragon Fireworks Plus

Maybe it's how the site interacts with different ISPs? My previously working macbook pro (as of last month) now doesn't play anything either regardless of the browser used. Embeds still working fine.

Studio West Video

Studio West Video Plus

Just noticed this today. A blank white area where the video should be. Only embeds are still playing.

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Mine also doesn't work with Chrome HTML 5.

Is Vimeo going to follow the footsteps of friendster and other once famous that simply disappeared because of technical issues.

This technical issue is a major one as VIMEO is a VIDEO site. Please fix.

xgeronimo

xgeronimo

i read all the above... followed different advices... the problem still persists! have all browsers updated - none work with vimeo vids, installed and re-installed latest adobe flash player - doesn't work, cleaned all cookies - same story. this is really frustrating. does anyone really knows what is going on?

Ty Swanson

Ty Swanson

the same as everybody else. can only watch in couch mode, now couch mode seems to be running very slow and crappy to say the least. glad i paid for a 'plus' account last week. think everyones temper will start to fray soon if this is not fixed.....not just some pass the buck excuse

Ty Swanson

Ty Swanson

belive it or not, the date and time shit worked. im in australia. i went and changed my date and time to california...nothing. changed it all back and locked it/saved. (im on mac pro) and now seems to be working. however this did not work a few days ago. so i dont know.
good luck everyone, i know this was really becomeing annoying to me.

Alexander Rastopchin

Alexander Rastopchin

Hi, I have the same problem on different computers recently. All stuff's explanations/fixes don't work. Video either doesn't load, or just white blank screen shows. I see this issue been around since 2008 and even before. If there's bug in flash, why all Youtube videos play fine?And yes, I did try to switch to HTML5 player, and get another "OOPS..."

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

They shouldn't have changed the title of the topic so easily because it also does not work with Chrome HTML5 for other people and myself.

noelsamson

noelsamson Plus

changing the date did work for me and changing the time zone also works. i'm so happy that I can play my videos now. thanks guys!

BASSAM MSSALATIE

BASSAM MSSALATIE

it happened with me , i have lost my ability to watch vimeo for 2 days , can you imagine that ....2 days ..
but finally i knew how to make it work
just download flash palyer debugger uninstaller from this link if you are running mac
kb2.adobe.com/cps/192/tn_19254.html
i have download the uninstaller , then run it , and vimeo is back online i am so happy

platonic

platonic

same problem here. using firefox 8 and IE9. am flash player 11.0.1 . video blink for 2 times. please help me

KidderD

KidderD

I don't know if anyone did anything to fix it, but mine has been working now since this morning.

Babuino

Babuino

Brandon R, honestly, it's very strange. But it worked! Just changed the wrong date in the system. Now the videos is working !!!!!
Very, very strange....

Jhon dela Cruz

Jhon dela Cruz

same problem too,i just changed the date.now the video is working fine..thanks

desert spirit

desert spirit

I run VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 bit, on my laptop, and my VIMEO videos will not play but just blink when I click on them. However, on my desktop, I have VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64 bit and the videos play on that computer. Do not know if this helps or not.

desert spirit

desert spirit

On my VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT laptop, VIMEO videos play in COUCH mode.

ICPresbiteriana

ICPresbiteriana Plus

Hello folks.
After a few days not being able to watch any Vimeo videos I came looking for an answer. I was mislead by Staff Member Mark's sticky post at the top of this page and tried everything he suggests but ...no Joy!

The solution was to change the date back 1 day, to the correct date.
Now it's all working again!

Thanks a lot!

St. Albans Anglican MBM

St. Albans Anglican MBM Plus

Hey guys,
Check your date and time zone. Mine changed for some reason. Make sure you check both for where you live and the right time. Had this same problem with another site. Seems like the date and time zone are crucial for certain programes.
All the best.......

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

if you've noticed an issue with your time changing incorrectly sometime this week, this is most likely due to the end of Daylight Savings Time in America which ended last Sunday (November 6, 2011 at 2 am).

It sounds like this issue happens on Mac devices outside the US.

Sorry, rest o' the world... Apple still Americancentric.

I know vimeo has mechanisms that rely on date/time to limit the time you can request a url for a video to prevent abuse.
This might explain why changing the time works for you people.

But it doesn't resolve the issues I'm having which started to occur before this week.

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

@Mark or vimeo staff,

can you unlock vimeo.com/forums/topic:44430 ?

Other people are not experiencing the same issue described in this thread any more.

I know for sure my issue is not related to the version of Flash and/or date time.

Guerilla Creative

Guerilla Creative PRO

Hey guys, I have had the same problem appear over the last couple of days. At least 3 people at different locations, on different machines have had trouble watching watching different videos on my account.
The problem was resolved for one of them by switching to html5. But that's not really a fix, it needs to be easy and work for people.

Looking at the comments here, its clear there is a massive problem affecting people for over a week, which is an unacceptable timeframe for many people, especially those with paid accounts.

Maybe we can get an update as to when we can expect this to be fixed? Is it affecting Vimeo Pro users?

Mick

mymoments

mymoments Plus

i guess the problem solve. today i can playback the video

kenneth wiatrak

kenneth wiatrak Plus

None of my videos will play in either Firefox or IE. Nor can I play anyone else's videos on Vimeo. Youtube, no problem. Can you tell me what's going on?

kenneth wiatrak

kenneth wiatrak Plus

Addendum to last post, I have purchased the upgrade to Vimeo not just the free Vimeo.

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

It would really suck if this is the beginning of the end for Vimeo.

Sigh...... How could it take several days to fix, and it's still not fixed.....

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi there! Unfortunately this bug is out of our hands and we're relying on Adobe to fix this. If we could do something about it, we could. We're really sorry about this.

Irvine Toastmasters

Irvine Toastmasters

Unfortunately Mark, you're replying to the wrong person.

Know Nobound and I are experiencing the same issue (one unrelated to this topic thread and NOT a bug in Adobe Flash).

It is a VIMEO issue because embedded videos play fine with the Flash Player (even the embedded video previews on your site play fine). This issue has also been around for at least 3 weeks (long before the date/time became an issue).

It is a Javascript issue on your site. I know this because I tweaked your javascript code locally.

For the love of God! Please split the thread so we don't mix the issues being discussed here!

patrick boury

patrick boury

On my new mac using safari ,I switched to the html5 player (after my videos would not play in the flash player using firefox), and got the message "oops something broke try again later".

Link: vimeo.com/31944127

RIPPULA

RIPPULA Plus

just a note to Mark:
Even if your suggestions worked and we were able to play them, that doesn't seem reasonable that everyone who may view our videos will know to do this, and they may not even ask us. Loss of potential client there. I found a work around by installing a different firefox flash player plugin. I'm seriously rethinking my plus subscription to Vimeo. Too many playability issues in the last few months. Vimeo needs to stay on this or take its place next to Betamax on the shelf of historical video good ideas.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi! We sincerely apologize for these issues. Again, this is a Flash bug and is 100% out of our control. We wish there was something that could be done on our end and we're very sorry to hear about the trouble this is causing yourself and others.

Milgarussem

Milgarussem PRO

Hope this problem will be solved ASAP. It doesn't play sometimes, and in this case, I press F5.

Alexander Rastopchin

Alexander Rastopchin

Hey, "this is a flash bug" doesn't make sense, HTML5 's not working too, and WHY YOUTUBE plays everything? Feels like you guys don't understand the problem...

MikeA

MikeA Plus

Same problems as above - tried to download 10.3 and get this message from the link to archived flash on the page that is posted above.
"Server not found" - been trying on and off for the last 5-6 hrs.

Daniel M.

Daniel M.

I have the same problem. It acts like it's going to load, then doesn't.

Windows 7 x64
Chrome 16.0.912.36
Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

Adobe just released an update to flash. Still doesn't work... I doubt it's a flash problem because it also does work in Chrome HTML 5. It just works from the embedded preview and when embedded to another site, but from VIMEO, no no, doesn't work at all. It it was a flash problem, I'm guessing adobe would have fixed it with the latest update. I think I've just about given up on Vimeo. Over 1 week is too much.

AHPBA

AHPBA

Adobe has updated Flash to 11.1 - has that fixed the problem?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

Maybe! Give it a try and see.

MikeA

MikeA Plus

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55

nor re-installed 10.3.. are working.

Cross Church

Cross Church PRO

Still not working here either. HTML5 nor flash work on vimeo.com. Only embedded videos will play.

Paul Baiguerra

Paul Baiguerra PRO

We recently shifted everything to Vimeo on the strength of the PRO account offering and that you were actively touting for business clients. And it has been great.

But this kind of issue for this long is unacceptable for a supposed business platform.

It's not a Flash issue - it's a Vimeo issue.
Youtube works, Viddler works, Brightcove works.

The lack of clear communication from you about what is going on and what you are actually doing to fix it is not good enough. We understand things go wrong. We don't understand your unwillingness to take ownership of the issue and fix it.

You can't seriously think that us having to tell people 'don't use IE8' or 'make sure you have the latest Flash' (even though that doers not work) is a solution?

Would you please tell us what is happening, and what you are doing about it? We need to make the decision of whether or not to abandon the platform becuase your failure to propvide your service is costing us customers.

We like Vimeo, we want to stick with you, but you're making it impossible.

MikeA

MikeA Plus

You are right about losing customers, I have currently abandoned viewing my "Channels" and "Share" clip requests only visiting this site to check if there has been a resolution to the problem currently plaguing the site.

not Eve

not Eve

Guys, how dare you to "upgrade" your site and not test it on all platforms like any backyard private hompage designer would do! How dare you make your users work around the embarassingly unprofessional work you deliver here! Now tell me I'm impolite, tell me I shouldn't use Firefox and finally try to convince me not to keep using youtube! Vimeo=Myspace=dead. Thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi there! I apologize for the inconvenience! As i've stated multiple times above, this issue is not due to a change on Vimeo's end. This is an issue with the 11.0.1 version of Flash, please try upgrading Flash and see if that helps.

MikeA

MikeA Plus

Two days since a Vimeo rep. appeared on the thread!!

MikeA

MikeA Plus

"This is an issue with the 11.0.1 version of Flash, please try upgrading Flash and see if that helps."

POSTED a day ago.

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 not working
nor is re-installed 10.3.. working.

So how is this a Flash issue!!

Paul Baiguerra

Paul Baiguerra PRO

We have had a couple of different people try the upgrade flash solution and it didn't work.
They also then downgraded - didn't work.

Mark - I can appreciate you must be feeling besieged but it doesn't matter how many times you say you stated the solution if it that solution does not work.

A cursory glance through this thread would confirm that.

So apart from leaving it at 'it's a Flash problem' is Vimeo actually doing anything to solve this?

If you are then please let us know so that we at least know something is happening - otherwise do we just assume that this has been placed in the too hard basket and that Vimeo is no longer a viable video hosting solution? (which would be a shame)

patrick boury

patrick boury

I too am still unable to view any videos at viemo. Is there a solution on the horizon with regard to flash? Until there is I'm certainly not going to waste my time uploading clips to a site I can't watch them on.

Link: vimeo.com/31944127

Paul Stork

Paul Stork Plus

I fail to understand why this issue is still unresolved.
I have white empty spaces where my embedded videos should be on several important websites.
What am I actually paying for as a Pro user?
This an extremely serious issue and has nothing to do with Adobe and everything to do with Vimeo.

Marcin_R

Marcin_R

In my case:
IE8, Opera - videos work (no difference in Adobe Flash Player)
FireFox 8 - only Couch Mode (AFP 11.0.1.152 and 11.1.102.55)
I saw this problem before, thats why I've stayed with FireFox 3.6.18 so long, but I had to upgrade the FF and now I can watch videos only in Couch Mode.

Andrew Everett

Andrew Everett

Hi. I am another user of Windows 7 and Chrome and have found the following to be a workaround while waiting for a permanent solution to this issue: open an 'Incognito Window' with Chrome. I don't have the technical understanding to explain why this works (if it's cookies, a Flash Player privacy setting or a user's extension settings) but have found that this allows me to view Vimeo content as per normal.

To open an Incognito Window, simply press the "Shift+Control+N" keys simultaneously.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incognito_mode

I hope that this helps some of you in the interim :)

Paul Stork

Paul Stork Plus

I'm afraid it made no difference for me. Same blank white screen on Vimeo site and the same with embedded
on my own websites.

Textlocal SMS Marketing

Textlocal SMS Marketing Plus

Yep.. I am seeing it in Flash Player 11.1.102 too under Chrome 15.0.874.121 m

Both very latest versions. Neither Flash nor HTML5 work.

Big empty space on ALL Vimeo pages, and on my website textlocal.com/videos/

Switching to INCOGNITO in chrome DOES resolve the issue... (for me, but that's no use for my clients!)

If i view on my IPhone, all is just fine so at least am a little reassured that the issue is limited to a % of users... but still, it is very worrying that it is there at all and that it hasn't been fixed in all this time..

I can also view in IE 9.0.8112 (I guess latest version). So just Chrome failing for me.

(this is a brand new PC... which is why I have only just experienced the issue)

Link: textlocal.com/videos/

Retép Askab

Retép Askab

I've got exactly the opposite problem, videos play nice on Vimeo, nothing but the first frame on other sites embedded.
And
"vimeo.com/help/faq#switch_player
On any video page, there is a link directly below the video that will allow you to switch between players."
I don't see that link anywhere.
Flash 11.1.102.55
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

MikeA

MikeA Plus

Hi, you need to install Chrome to see the HTML5 link. I have installed, tried and then removed Chrome as it did not work for my system, nor have any of the other work rounds suggested in this thread.
Regard MikeA.

Maido

Maido

One puzzled vimeo user here...only embedded works.

Bugs will happen, you never know when they attack and you eventually fix them, no problem, but you staff know when bullshit happens and I'm not sure how well you can fix that negligent communication later...

Hope it resolves, both of them!

mr. sifuentes

mr. sifuentes

problem I am having is that all vimeo videos are majorly lagging and are choppy when finally loaded. Tested watching videos on youtube and they play smooth.

ULethbridge Faculty of Education

ULethbridge Faculty of Education Plus

Is the Flash problem causing the issue with embedded videos as well? We have had real problems with inconsistent loading of embedded videos. I have used the latest embed code. Sometimes those work, sometimes those don't. I keep refreshing the page and sometimes it works.

There is variety of ways the problem manifests itself. Sometimes the HD version doesn't load all the way. Other times, whey you play it just stalls there and never starts to load. Occassionaly I have seen the blank screen but more common is the not loading all the way and not starting to load.
Does changing the player in Vimeo change the embed video player?

...using the latest Safari browser in Lion but have tested the latest Firefox with same issues.

Link: uleth.ca/education/resources/fnmi-collection/submit-item-tutorial
uleth.ca/education/resources/fnmi-collection/search-tutorial

Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond

I have this problem for almost 2 months. I cant watch any videos on vimeo. I have tried everything you said but it doesnt work at all. Im really getting tired of it, still i understand you are all doing your best. I hope this gets solve...some day.

Tom Smith

Tom Smith

I joined Vimeo because I wanted to get away from YouTube. I just uploaded my first video and now I find that it will not play on any of the computers here at work! WTF! Work computers are running IE 7 and Flash 11.1. I see many complaints in this thread but NO SOLUTION. Good thing I didn't PAY for a Vimeo upgraded account!

Link: vimeo.com/32618793

Stijn DM

Stijn DM

Just to be sure: I have just finished a website where my client embedded Vimeo movies.

Under Firefox 8 on Mac the video is very shuttering (audio plays quite well), sometimes the video even doesn't start playing at all or the top part of the video plays but the lower part freezes.

Chrome 15.0.874.121 works nicely, as does Safari 5.0.6.
Mac OS version is 10.5.8, Flash version is 10.3.183.11.

You can visit the website to see the result yourself: raygun.be

Is my issue the same as with the other posts?

Kind regards,
Stijn

Link: raygun.be

David Stutzman

David Stutzman

I too am having issues with the Flash player (HTML5 player works with no problems) and have had the problem for around a month. And barely a word from the Vimeo folks! They even stopped responding to my emails. Absolutely unacceptable.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Please see the note up top, this is something that Adobe needs to change we can't change their software.

David Stutzman

David Stutzman

As you can see from the other replies by countless other people, it does not in fact appear to be an issue with Flash -- ESPECIALLY when Flash video works on virtually every other site. Is that something that is beyond our comprehension, or yours?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

David, please be polite in your tone. As I've mentioned we've done what we can. I invite you to use our html 5 option.

David Stutzman

David Stutzman

I apologize for coming off as abrasive, I'm just frustrated. A lot of us are. :\

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

That's understandable, just be aware that it's something we are working on with Adobe and it's a holiday weekend right now in the U.S.

Pillen's Farm

Pillen's Farm

some Vimeo videos play fine on the new galaxy 2 smart phone and some don't... I was wondering why this was? Thanks.

Underground Planet

Underground Planet Plus

Not sure if this will help anyone else but I'm on 64 bit Windows 7 and just recently started getting a message in the player from Vimeo that told me some kind of blah blah blah about needing to update Flash with a link. Of course I already had the one that Adobe lists as the latest (11.1.102.55) Tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times before I noticed on one of their pages they had a link to the beta of 11.2, downloaded it and worked seemed to fix it for me.

labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-2.html

Maido

Maido

It did not work for my computer. Still no videos from Vimeo site can be watched, adobe and html5 players both...

There are alot of blame toward Adobe and a lot of questions if it's Adobe why vimeo works when it's embedded...is there some logical answear that anyone could understand?

Andrew Everett

Andrew Everett

I tried this out, Win7 64 bit too and it has not changed anything for me personally. System level, I have an AMD 1055T CPU and a Radeon HD5770 - maybe hardware differences are the culprit and not software, hence the variable results?

Steve Harris

Steve Harris Plus

None of my Video's will play... I can play other peoples.

Greater Lynn Senior Services

Greater Lynn Senior Services Plus

Wow, I just payed for a premium account, found a video didn't play, assumed it was because I had just created the account and just uploaded the video and then I read this thread! If I had read this thread before I wouldn't have created (and paid for) the account! I can't tell people to use different browsers, etc because the video won't load! Youtube videos always load!

xperimental

xperimental

I was considering buying a PRO account. But if a company is not able to fix a massive problem in 26 days, this is no serious business you could rely on.

hectoplasma

hectoplasma

that's another reason why flash is dying

PRO Photoshopactions

PRO Photoshopactions

Got to say this REALLY is an issue!
It is OK saying do this and do that ...... but I can't tell my clients that ?!?!?
I have lost sales because of this issue ..... if I had known I would have used another provider being honest ! ......not good for paying customers?!?

Rudolf Boogerman

Rudolf Boogerman

Might be a long shot, but did you change your template or added plugins? Lately we found out that more and more themes and plugins mess with the output of URLs containing special characters.

Rudolf Boogerman

Rudolf Boogerman

Hectoplasma, it is probably not a Flash problem and Flash is not dying, it is just being boycotted by Apple ;-)

Tilt Media

Tilt Media

Still. Not. Working.

Very frustrating Vimeo. It worked for a a day now is broke again. It surely is on your end. Can you explain why this has been so unreliable lately?

Milgarussem

Milgarussem PRO

Black screen & playback isssue seems quite serious for not only me, but also for lots of other users. This is a really serious problem for me because my videos will be shown to commercial users at my website. That's why I became a Pro user. I downgraded the flash player and check the time, but nothing changed.
Sometimes it plays, sometimes, doesn't play.
It makes me crazy.

For the last weeks, I have been so much headache for this matter.

Anybody can help me with a recomendable advice?

Thank you

Champ Ensminger

Champ Ensminger Alum

Hi there, you will be receiving an email from me shortly regarding this issue. Very sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your assistance in this issue!

Iain Macfarlane

Iain Macfarlane

I tried all sorts but couldn't get it to work...
I just tried watching in couch mode, works no prolem, now go back and it works fine.
just going to couch mode seems to have fixed what I couldn't fix otherwise.
Very strange...

TL Content Multimedia

TL Content Multimedia

I've done everything listed here, and then some. Very odd that some days the videos will play, but most times (like today) I have no success.

inMotion Ntertainment

inMotion Ntertainment Plus

I cannot play the newly embedded video on my mobile or facebook. Says please upload to latest flash player

Katie Armstrong

Katie Armstrong Staff

Hi there,
Can you try updating your Flash to the new beta version 11.2 to see if that helps?

Kit Webster

Kit Webster Plus

For the past few weeks I am unable to watch any videos on Vimeo. I press play and the timeline bar just goes grey.

I can only watch it if I choose 'imbed' and watch it minimised in that window.

To have your entire site unplayable for such a long time is highly unprofessional. Can you please advise on any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Kit Webster

Kit Webster Plus

Hi Katie,

I updated to 11.2 but I still have the same issue.

Kit Webster

Kit Webster Plus

Could I please get an update on the situation?

Thank you.

Val Phoenix

Val Phoenix

Hi,
I am having the same problem (black screen, no play), but am running Flash 11.0.2. Is there problem with this version, too?

Val Phoenix

Val Phoenix

I tried the 11.2 version and that doesn't work either.

Mark

Mark Staff

Is this only happening in Firefox?

Val Phoenix

Val Phoenix

Not sure if you saw my reply. No, it doesn't work in Safari either and I never use IE.

JewishOC

JewishOC

So it doesnt work Explorer (both latest with latest flash) real big issue since its for a big non profit org in socal jfoc.org please help! It's not about me.. its about all the other visitors to the site. dont want to throw it in there but we are experimenting with Vimeo (moving away from youtube even though their iframe works with all other browsers) and if I can't get this fixed they're going to want to switch back.. works in FF and Safari

Link: jfoc.org

JewishOC

JewishOC

ok i think it is an individual issue per computer.. everything works on the laptop except for explorer.. but on my desktop they all work :/ issue with flashplayer installed or browser version possibly

Know Nobound

Know Nobound

I only check now once a week, and after what, maybe 2-3 weeks, it still doesn't work. Yehaaaw....

Val Phoenix

Val Phoenix

No, doesn't work in Safari either. I never use IE.

opcom

opcom

I am using Flashplayer 11,1,102,55 and Firefox 8.0 on MicrosoftVista. When I press Play I see black window and nothing happend :(

Maido

Maido

It so much weird, I've been checking this thread since my home computer just stopped playing any vimeo videos (fortunate my work computer works on that case) and I just see same stupid questions and suggestions from stuff again and again...upgaring and downgrading the flash and blaming the flash and giving out just some mumbo-jumbo about what's went wrong...I apologize my reaction but I really do like and give my respect to the people who dare do say out what the fuellck is going on...If I make a misteke then I say " I'm sorry, I did that and I'm responsible for that"...if it was really bad then I say "I know it was but and I do not know how do I make it up but I really care about doing so.."

Sure you have to make it nice even if it's not but it's just my opinion...

Thank you (because vimeo content is mostly something you like to watch...course if it plays it back)

Justin Bull

Justin Bull

I finally solved this problem after toggling all my plugins on Chrome. A Remoting Viewer pluglin was installed by my IT dept. Disabling it fixed the glitch. Welcome back, Vimeo!

Talukah Grant

Talukah Grant

Hey to the admin, I have not yet decided to look at the video players source code yet but i will soon. The issue i was having was that i would be able to watch videos for about an hour and then all of a sudden videos' would no longer load, Then a couple hours later it would work again and then stop an hour later. Could you have your developer look into the video players source code and see what command is being run for checking a users local time and then remove it that should fix many people's problem.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try upgrading both Firefox and Flash?

Alexander Rastopchin

Alexander Rastopchin

Could be very nice to see the recent posts on top of thread. All issues remain the same, all stuff remedies too...

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Alexander, you have tried updating Firefox and Flash?

Alexander Rastopchin

Alexander Rastopchin

Hey Mark, I've tried everything.... Seems like it's a specific computer environment dependency, stuff like networks, local browser settings, etc. Still it works randomly on the same machine without ANY changes, than stops. Embed window works always.I'm still pretty sure it has nothing to do with Adobe.
Thanks .

ULethbridge Faculty of Education

ULethbridge Faculty of Education Plus

Has Vimeo considered firewalls as the source of the problems? I noticed that Vimeo works fine from home but when I am behind the corporate firewall it often stalls after you click the play button or it goes so far and then stops loading.

It doesn't seem to matter what browser I use - Firefox or Safari or IE on Windows 7.

I am using the latest version of Flash.

Fabricio Chamon

Fabricio Chamon Plus

Hi, I'm having trouble playing the videos too (chrome, either flash or html5, none of them working). As some of you noticed embed videos do play fine, so as a temp workaround I've created myself a quick .htm page that switches embed videos according to user input.

Most times I can't watch videos in HD, but at least I can watch them. If anybody wants to give it a try, here's the dropbox link: dl.dropbox.com/u/17263464/Vimeo/vimeoPlayer.htm

just add this link on your favorites and everytime you have trouble inside vimeo, click this link and type the video ID.

don't be afraid, there's no viruses, malware, naughty includes or whatsoever.. =) you can inspect the htm file.

Fabricio Chamon

Fabricio Chamon Plus

@ vimeo staff: if you are not ok with this link just contact me and I'll put if offline. Just wanted to contribute, but let me know if it implies in any agreement issue.

Mark Sporleder

Mark Sporleder

Not sure if there's been any changes in past day but somehow videos are working now. Found that right clicking on where video is missing on page and selecting allow flash on this site is working.

Val Phoenix

Val Phoenix

Still having problems seeing videos. I wanted to try the HTML5 player but I can see no links below any of the videos. Where is this option?

Val Phoenix

Val Phoenix

After trying the other suggestions I have just spent 90 minutes attempting to downgrade to Flash 10.3, only to find that Adobe makes this almost impossible. I don't know which version of the archived software to use, as I am not a developer. And I now have no version of Flash installed. Could someone from Vimeo kindly address these issues? I still cannot watch videos.

Zach Kennedy

Zach Kennedy

The issues here ended up being ISP related. We have a leased T1 from Cox Communications that was blocking access to VIMEO.com but not the embedded clips. After a lot of troubleshooting with their engineers we got it straightened out here.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.