Jax_Teller

Jax_Teller Plus

Hello everyone,

I'm about to shoot my new short movie (you can see the rest of my work in my profile) and I'm looking for some DECENT and quality royalty free music or music available for licensing. I took a look at the main topic with all the addresses, but most of it is mediocre at best.

I obviously use musics from movies, musics that I have in mind, and those are the ones I want, but if I want to present my next short movie to festivals, I'll have no choice but to have a cut with music that I have the rights to.

I'm not specifically looking for a composer because you have to wait for the composer, well, to actually write the music, give him footage for him to do so (and I'm wary that my work could be stolen), plus it's not a guarantee that it'll actually be good.

I'm looking for music, suited for drama, with some piano, acoustic guitar, keeping in mind that my references for this short are Alexandre Desplat (like in the latest HP), or Hans Zimmer with the Thin Red Line.

Jax_Teller

Jax_Teller Plus

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REPLIES, I appreciate it, I ended up making the short movie, and used something else.

I moved on to other things since then, my short movies caught the eye of a producer who's offered to make a short movie with me, which should shoot sometime in 2014, something with an actual budget (yet to be determined) that'll actually be shown in public screenings, and then maybe sold to TV channels or else, and submitted to a few festivals.

Pretty excited right now, and I might consider looking for composers when I shoot it (they actually have a composer already, but I'll see in due time if he's a good fit)

Jeffrey van Rossum (composer)

Jeffrey van Rossum (composer) Plus

I think you should still consider a real composer. It suits your film the best as possible and adds a degree of originality no stock music has. Some composers are able to compose fast (2 minutes/day). Check out my website on jeffreyvanrossum.com

Richie Blac

Richie Blac Plus

You should really consider a composer, especially since you're looking for cinematic music. Smack your name on shared footage, set deadlines, screen his/her previous works.

Jeffrey van Rossum (composer)

Jeffrey van Rossum (composer) Plus

Couldn't agree more. Plus: filmmaking is something you do together. If you don't trust people to handle your footage, don't go into filmmaking... Of course it's still your opinion and I respect that... but good luck with finding music that's made with a million dollar budget, real orchestra and a whole team behind the music for almost nothing. It's worth more to invest in a relationship with a composer you feel comfortable with.

brian gray

brian gray

I have to agree. I know we're suppossed to play nice around here, and I love and respect that... yet when I see someone soliciting a job, (which I can only assume is paid in credits) that needs to be done quickly and professionally, and apparently VERY specifically, then immediately afterward being suspected as a hack and/or a thief, I get a little upset. I think you should look elsewhere too.

Jax_Teller

Jax_Teller Plus

I knew tbat I was going to get a nasty comment but I'm being honest here. No personal attack, thank you! It's just what I've observed, most of the free stuff (or not even free, but to buy for license) is not very good, so I'm looking for something that is going to fit.

If some of you are feeling offended, it's a shame. I never said I need something done quickly, just that I'm wary of the process. Plus I'm not suspecting anyone of a being a hack and a thief, but how do you know that?!

How do you know that you can trust the person that you dont know with your footage? How do you know that this person will not use the footage and claim its his or hers, how do you know that?!

Plus, I'd hate for someone to compose music, and for me to acknowledge that I don't like it or it's not good, kind of a waste of time. That"s why I'm looking for music that's already done, so I can know immediately.

Don't get over sensitive..... Pis bon Nicolas, tes attaques personnelles, tu te les gardes, merci bien, je n'insulte personne, je suis réaliste, et je m'en cogne de ce que tu penses de mes vidéos.

Jax_Teller

Jax_Teller Plus

Mmmmm, I checked out your videos, I like it, I'm gonna think about this.

Steven Canham

Steven Canham

Hello Emmanuel... I would love to see what I can do for you a quick amount of time.. You just tell me what you like or want to hear and I work you quickly... I have a link of the music i'm doing for a current video game that falls around orchestra/symphony/electronic/down-tempo.. I'm very open though and can handle critisim.. It happens.. Let me know if intersted.. :)

soundcloud.com/muzik-fo

Jax_Teller

Jax_Teller Plus

Steven, I checked out your music, this is too electro for me, and not at all what I'm looking for.

Keman, I listened to a bit of your music, not what I'm looking for as well.

Michal, I like your sound.

I should clarify that nothing has been shot yet, so I'm just listening to music and possibly thinking about it. If there's some good music already available for licensing, I'm also up for it. I'm looking for something dramatic, eerie, moody, some piano, some acoustic guitar, maybe a tad of electric guitar, something uplifting.

Something in the vein (and I know I might be ridiculous by saying this) of Alexandre Desplat, or Hans Zimmer (on The Thin Red Line) or what Michael Brook did on the score of Into The Wild.

Keman

Keman

As many have mentioned, you should look for someone who writes the music specifically for your film. This WILL dramatically improve the quality of your work. Good film scores do not just sound nice and reflect the atmosphere of the film, they use very detailed strategies to support or enrich the images. It would be no problem for me to write something in the vein of Desplat or Zimmer.
If you are serious about filmmaking, you are really underestimating the importance of music. ANY other director hires a composer. Why won't you do so?

Lutz Music Productions

Lutz Music Productions

Emmanuel Delpech,

This entire industry is based on collaboration. It is just the way that it is. Your product will be far greater with a custom score than it will be with stock music. You can do some things to ensure that your work is protected (write up a contract....etc..) Here is a link to my website so you can hear some examples of my work. lutzmusicproductions.com

Regards,
Erik

JohnRiddle

JohnRiddle

keman is right...if u want soemthing good..u should stop listening to stuff on the internet or whatever and develop the idea toghether with a composer...specifically on whats happening in your project...otherwise it wont really make sense ...choosing a soundtrack or a theme is one thing but when it comes to scoring... its a lil bit more delicate..and u seem pretty serious about what u want to do... as far as the "worry that someone might steal it" problem...its not like ure sending them the final version HD ready for commercial use:))) u dont even need to send a video at all ...a script and a good talk should be enough to any decent composer for writing something...think about it..

Luke Davoll

Luke Davoll

Emmanual,

If you are still looking for a composer or pre-written music, perhaps there is something i can offer.
lukedavoll.com

Richie Blac

Richie Blac Plus

Emmanuel,
Check out the video titled "Untitled Short Film" on my profile. See how I branded it? That's all you have to do if you're concerned about theft. Brand everything you hand to those you collab with. If/when you realize you need an original score. And you do.

Ross Woodhead

Ross Woodhead

Hello Emmanuel
I have been producing music for 15 years.
Have a listen to my new EP "Exist".

exitomni.com/new-music/

.it will give you an idea, I think it may be along the lines of what you are looking for..plenty of piano, acoustic guitar, very cinematic and atmospheric..
I also have around 6 other songs, if you are interested to hear let me know.
Hope to speak soon, Cheers Ross

Nikolas Dane

Nikolas Dane

I am not a composer, but even though I understand both points of view, I have to agree with the composers.

You cannot say Hey people "I am looking for better music because all the rest is terrible and I can't believe that people are producing this", What you say is simple, "The music that I have found does not fit my vision". Specially if they are doing it for free, or pennys, Do you think Zimmer would work for pennys? Not only that you are not showing the product. How do we know that your short will be good? maybe I wont like it and don't want my music on your short.

Music appeal to everybody different, it doesn't mean that what I don't like is terrible, there are many bands I don't like but can see the appeal to them.

I think you made a mistake and maybe created a barrier before you started, who know maybe one of the guys that are mad and would have composed something great. I think what you did later was fine, Sorry doesn't fit, sorry too electro, etc etc, but the way you started was too much I am king of the world speech.

bad bad meow

bad bad meow

Bad Bad meow would love to help you out! check it out at badbadmeow.bandcamp.com you can listen to the whole album and contact us at badbadmeow@gmail.com

Manuel

Manuel

Hello,
Check royaltyfreepianos.com
The site offer very nice piano music tracks for tender, romantic, suspenseful, sentimental, sad, situation on media projects.

Christian Perucchi - FSounds

Christian Perucchi - FSounds

Hi! im from Forging Sounds Productions , we compose music in every style! From rock (all branches, as hard rock, classic rock, heavy metal, soul, grunge, etc) to classical music (from different periods, like baroque, classical, romantic, impressionist, contemporary) covering jazz, latin (salsa, merengue, mambo, etc), electronic music (and its different styles) and electroacoustic music and Hollywood-like music (as such by Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Harry Gregson-Williams, Howard Shore). We can also write music for a single instrument, a band, an ensemble or a fully complete orchestra. As for sound fx composition, we have our own library of SFX and we design specific and custom special effects for each customer.
Tell me if you need anything
web and portfolio forgingsounds.com
mail :forgingsounds@gmail.com

Daniel Angell

Daniel Angell

Hello, I don't know if you're still looking but check out my portfolio at ,auditivedesigns.co.uk. Or keep me in mind for future projects if you need any help with sound track or sound effects.

Angela Sharman

Angela Sharman

Hi there, I appreciate you've had a lot of responses to your message! Would love to work with you if you are still looking for composers ...My name is Angela Sharman (soundcloud link:

soundcloud.com/angmuz

One of my solo piano compositions was shortlisted for a New Music prize among five finalists in Denmark, 2010, (you tube link of my performance of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NEC1aoLfEY

I try to write emotional melodic music, and everything from solo piano pieces to my flirtation with small orchestras, inbetween being a mum of two young children (which sometimes means me writing music at 3 am!) ...current projects include a student's short film here in the UK, at editing stage, and a piece for piano and small orchestra ... If you like my style then please feel free to email me at aek777@live.com

Thanks, Angela

Madsen Studios LLC

Madsen Studios LLC Plus

Not sure if you need a composer still for this project (or perhaps future ones) but I'd love to be considered:

madsenstudios.com as well as my actual vimeo channel.

Thanks!

Nate

Dallin

Dallin

Hi! I love to make music and make all sorts of music ranging from Orchestral beats, dubstep, commercialized songs, EDM genre, etc. If you wouldn't mind listening to my stuff and let me know if I would be a good help in giving you the music YOU want, please let me know! Thank you for your time! : )

Link: soundcloud.com/dabigman/commercialized-song

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.