Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Its been a while since I've participated in or started a project, so I thought I would create something simple and fun that everyone can enjoy pretty easily.

Video Haiku:

Structure - 5 seconds, 7 seconds, 5 seconds

Use only diegetic sound, no music.

Write your own Haiku, or use someone elses (make sure to credit!)

Either read the Haiku or title it into the video (5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables)

Tag with 'Vid Haiku'

Example: vimeo.com/771342

Be creative and enjoy!

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero Plus

What is diegetic?

ah nevermind. sound must be part of scene.

mattieee

mattieee

good idea blake! i'll start thinking of mine

Taylor Doyle Gillespie

Taylor Doyle Gillespie Alum

Here's mine. I'll admit I used music, but it's pretty ambient music. Plus it was a perfect fit, wind noise is not entertaining. Call me a rebel.

vimeo.com/829055

James Hill

James Hill

I did this one ages ago, doesn't really fit with your guidelines though sorry. Thought I'd post anywoo.

vimeo.com/904842

victoria

victoria

I'm gonna give it a whack too!

I came here specifically looking for this topic and this nice Mr. Phil Cooper brought it to the top of the forum 59 seconds ago and saved me the trouble of searching for it.

yay!

Harald Scherz

Harald Scherz Plus

hello!

just uploaded a music video entitled "haiku" (music by 78plus)... it uses the original haiku structure in the lyrics. the video follows this structure only to a certain extent... every paragraph got its own little story going on with a specific picture world attached...

anyway might be interesting to watch:

vimeo.com/7362758

with good intention,

harald

Dimitri Kouri

Dimitri Kouri

Great idea, Blake. You must get a kick out of the fact that people keep submitting these 2 years after you had the idea.

here's my first contribution. Enjoy!
vimeo.com/7658759

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.