Stuck On On

Stuck On On Plus

Any news updates for a HTML5 version of Hubnut? iOS has become the "Internet Explorer" of yester-year for developers... "if it doesn't work in iOS, it can't be used at all!" I'm guessing there are many of us that are eagerly waiting for a non-flash Hubnut. --Thanks--

Sm4rt1

Sm4rt1

Could really do with this asap ... any update

If not ... anyone else have any idea of an alternative?

Bighead Scientists

Bighead Scientists

I second this. I bought Vimeo Plus with the idea that I would be able to showcase my project using it on iOS devices.

NHSeacoast.tv

NHSeacoast.tv PRO

I agree....I'm totally stuck trying to create categorized playlists for my channels!

Salvo Inzerilli

Salvo Inzerilli

I also need the html5 update for Hubnut ..... any news ? Please ....

hyphen

hyphen

VIMEO STAFF - I think you owe it to us to let us know what's going on with the HTML5 hubnut. I've been paying a subscription for a couple of months now, after being told that this would arrive 'very soon' and still nothing.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We've finally had a chance to start working on it recently. We couldn't move on it as quickly as we'd like due to the new version of Vimeo which most of our developers are concentrating on at this time. A new improved version of hubnut is still on our to do list but it will take some time. We apologize for the delay and ask for your patience.

hyphen

hyphen

Thanks for your response, Soxiam, but it would be nice to know what "it will take some time" means. It's pretty vague. That could be a few hours, to a few decades.

Roberto Del Bianco

Roberto Del Bianco Plus

Ehm... I'm awaiting too for an iOS working version. It works fine on Android, fine on iMac, I'd like being the same on iOS too...

Central Michigan YFC

Central Michigan YFC Plus

Would an HTML5 version support a transparent background? I'd like it to look as if the hubnut is part of the page rather than boxed in.

:)

John Parker

John Parker Plus

anyone have any alternatives in mind for this? clients visit our sites on IOS devices & see nothing. tic-toc! :)

Ale Corsini

Ale Corsini Plus

Please don't forget to let the new hubnut version finally support private -password protected- videos! Until now, as I argued many times on the forum, it simply didn't work!

vitamin m

vitamin m Plus

Should we go to another video company? Like a week, ok. Months more, and we cant do business. Need honest answer. Many people have Built sites around your service. Not your fault about apple but either step up to html5 widget or tell us to go another way.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Unfortunately I do not believe it will be any time soon. Sorry but we have limited resources working on higher priority items at this time.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry but as Sox mentioned we have had other priorities getting in the way of the HTML Hubnut. We hope to dedicate time to it soon.

John Bruce

John Bruce

This is why Vimeo sucks - ios and android support is so far behind YouTube - get with the programme!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi John,

If you have specific feedback please let us know, but unhelpful comments like this will not be tolerated on Vimeo.

Meghan Cleary

Meghan Cleary PRO

hi VIMEO!! Bought pro service because I thought it would be the best showcase for my videos on mobile. But the Hubnut doesn't do it. Can someone from Vimeo answer this thread with a workaround or other solutions. I already paid the $199 but am about to launch and might have to use another hosting service. Help!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Meghan,

While the Hubnut doesn't support mobile devices yet, our normal player does. I'd recommend embedding the individual videos.

ICI Berlin

ICI Berlin Plus

Hey Matt, I'd love to do that, but since Vimeo embedding doesn't support neither playlists (!) nor timecode jumping (!) I do have a serious problem here. I convinced my company to do Vimeo instead of YT, because I was 100% that we could host our videos here with pretty much all features YT has, but using a moral and economically better service. That's why we pay. Now I have to realize that even as Plus User I cannot even do the basic stuff my company needs: e.g. embedding playlists with timecode jumps of the same video, or at least (having to do clips before) using a widget (hubnut) iOS compatible. This is a huge problem for me. What happened to the HTML5-Hubnut? What about other Widgets (like an embedded html5-playlist-player)? Or a working "Montage" (allowing videos that are hidden on Vimeo).
I still like you, Vimeo. But I am starting to get desperate. Please give me something.

Meghan Cleary

Meghan Cleary PRO

hi Matt -- it seems really weird that Vimeo doesn't have this basic functionality and has been seemingly working on it since 2010? What's the situation?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Meghan,

Simply put, a player that serves multiple videos one after another on a mobile device is not simple, in fact due to the varying nature of devices out there, this is quite difficult.

For now we you can embed single videos and have them work on most devices, but our Hubnut widget is still Flash based.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Indeed, but unfortunately we cannot give an ETA at this time :(

Authentive

Authentive Plus

You can do it Vimeo. We believe in you. But hurry up please!

RCEV

RCEV Plus

I would love to see a mobile friendly hubnut. I agree with all of the posters here, mobile devices are becoming more and more important. Having a mobile friendly hubnut or some alternative to it would be awesome!

A temporary alternative could be a widget that shows a channel's videos in order as links. I think, to most people, it is important to get a solution that automatically lists and organizes videos to eliminate work. Thumbnails are nice and the hubnut looks cool, but in the end, just having something, even with them listed as links, would work too!

Another potential idea is to add code to the current hubnut so that when viewed on a mobile site, a non-flash version would appear (shows up as a list of videos with links) rather than nothing at all.

I'm not a developer so I don't know if that would work but just throwing ideas out there.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.