Carlos

Carlos Plus

I have the newest version of the Vimeo app on iPhone - iPad, I'm a plus member and I use Vimeo to share all my family videos with my parents and extended family overseas, it works great with the main vimeo.com website as all my videos are private and my contacts have access to them as they are subscribed to my account and I share all videos with my contacts.

This is not the same for the iOS app, first me and my family on iOS devices will see a long list of videos that are not in my account, I believe is the Vimeo HD or another default channel but nobody was subscribed to those and my feed and my family feed on all accounts is blank, no subscriptions at all but those videos keep showing up on the stream.
I do not want any videos at all, I just want my videos on my stream, how I do that?

Also on vimeo.com my family with different accounts can see all my private videos shared with them but this is not the case for the iOS app, non of my videos will show up on their app at all.

I'll appreciate some help and guidance, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong...I've started uploading all videos (and buying more storage) on Picasa Web Albums but the service is not good and I much prefer to stay with Vimeo.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Carlos, in the app, simply click My Videos and you will be brought to a page with all of your videos. Are you running the latest version of the app?

Carlos

Carlos Plus

That is not the issue, I can see the videos on my videos, I just do not want to see the staff picks or HD channel, I also do not want my parents to see this either on their iPad.

My main issue is that I share the videos with them in private, but they never show in their iOS App at all, If they click on "Subscriptions" the videos are not there. They do show in the website they need to show in the APP too.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. If you don't want to see the HD Channel and Staff picks, I recommend simply using the mobile site. Unfortunately, you cannot disable that option from the app.

Carlos

Carlos Plus

That does not make sense as both are "mobile" we should have the option to have a clean stream with just subscriptions and not being feed non wanted content.

The mobile app is gorgeous but sadly not too much control on what can be seen on the stream.

What about my other question (more important for me) about my family not seeing my videos on their subscription module on the mobile app?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for not addressing your second question. To clarify, when your only contact, vimeo.com/user1667124 is logged into the mobile app, your videos do not show in her subscriptions list?

Carlos

Carlos Plus

Ian, that is correct, I'm paying Picasa Web Albums extra storage only for this feature, if I use the Web Albums app on the iPad I can share videos privately with my family with the same app and device overseas.

This is not the case with the Vimeo App, they cannot see my videos at all (the contact in that url) there are no videos on the stream but I've shared all my videos with that contact and if they are in the normal website they do see the private videos shared with them.

I hate Picasa for videos, I much rather pay for more storage here but this broken feature is killing me.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Carlos, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll look into this with the app. In the meantime, I'd recommend using the mobile browser. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Carlos

Carlos Plus

Unfortunately the mobile browser is not an option, on iPad is non existent, there is no mobile browser.

The iOS app should behave in the same way as the regular website, what is the ETA on the fix?

Mark

Mark Staff

We have no ETA at this time, sorry.

Carlos

Carlos Plus

Ok but it will be fixed for the latest App update? it is clearly broken as no subscribed videos are showing up, I've tested with 2 different accounts, private videos just don't show up on the stream of other people that follow me even if they are shared with them and showing in the website.

This my main reason to be a paid customer of Vimeo, if this will stay broken as it is I'll have to cancel my subscription.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Carlos, sorry, by mobile browser I am referring to Safari on the iPad. That is not working for you?

Carlos

Carlos Plus

Unfortunately your site is not "mobile" on iPad and somehow troublesome for my older family overseas, the app layout is perfect but is broken. I guess I'll have to stop the membership and look someplace else if this issue is not going to get fixed.

I believe it is a simple and logical feature, I want my private videos shared with my family to show in their subscription module.
The website does this feature correctly, the iOS app is broken.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay - we'll look into this issue. Keep in mind that you won't find all the features that are available on site in the mobile app.

Carlos

Carlos Plus

Thank you, this is not a feature, this is just regular Vimeo functionality, shared videos should appear in the mobile app too like they do on desktop and mobile browser, now private videos do not show on other contacts iOS subscriptions as they should.

Please let me know the ETA for this as I have to renew or cancel my subscription based on this fix.

Mark

Mark Staff

We have no ETA on this, sorry. We're looking into it.

Carlos

Carlos Plus

This is definitely broken, I'm following 2 contacts and they are following me too. One of them can see my private video feed correctly on iOS, the other contact just see only the latest 2 uploaded videos, all videos are set to be shared with people I follow but some of them see the videos and others not with the same settings.
I was excited to see that after the app update last week one of my contacts feed was correctly displaying my videos now but after double checking this functionality is still broken as it is not consistent on all people that I follow/follow me.

Please fix this issue.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.