Steven George

Steven George Plus

I upgraded to Vimeo Plus yesterday mainly so I could embed my reel in HD on my portfolio site I'm building. When I'm on the "old" vimeo, it says I'm a plus member. But when I'm on the "new" vimeo it still says I'm basic.

The problem is that the video won't embed in HD on my site, even when checking the "play in HD when embedded" button on vimeo. The video plays in HD when I watch it off of vimeo however.

If it makes a difference, the site is a wordpress. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The video I'm trying to embed is here: vimeo.com/41433070

Thanks a lot.

-Steve

Link(s): vimeo.com/41433070

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay you should appear as Plus on both sites now. Try embedding.

Partnerpedia

Partnerpedia

im having the sam problem. I have checked the play in HD button, but when i embed the video it defaults to non HD. Please help as this is the reason i upgraded to Plus account.

Thanks

Partnerpedia

Partnerpedia

Sorry it really applies to all my videos current and future, but the one right now is
vimeo.com/41368822

Also i want to know if there is a way to force HD ON regardless of users preference. I have read some people were able to this in particular forcing HD Off using "hd_off=1&"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Sinclair

Michael Sinclair

Same problem here too... checked the play in HD button, but when embed the video defaults to non HD.

Michael Sinclair

Michael Sinclair

Is there a line of code that can be manually written in the tags to force this option on?

Partnerpedia

Partnerpedia

I would like to know if there is a way to force HD ON regardless of users preference. I have read some people were able to this in particular forcing HD Off using "hd_off=1&"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is the main reason i upgraded to a Plus Account

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, it is unfortunately not a Vimeo preference. Sorry about that.

Design Army

Design Army Plus

Hello,

We have also just joined with a PLUS account and are having the same issue embedding a video with HD playback as default. We have set the video to hide on Vimeo and only display on our website, if that would affect the HD playback.

Here is the video in question: vimeo.com/41679729

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We were hoping to launch a new temp site today.

InstaMed

InstaMed Plus

This same problem is happening to me. Except all of my videos are already set to embed in HD. When I view them in vimeo they are in HD but when I view them through my website they are not. Please advise.

InstaMed

InstaMed Plus

my settings are default to HD when embedded, however my videos are not in HD. I have a plus account so I do not understand why this is not working. please advise.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry about that. Can you link me to a specific video that you are having trouble with so that I can take a look?

InstaMed

InstaMed Plus

Our videos are password protected because they are proprietary and confidential, is there a secure place for me to send it, and will you need the password to access it?

Mark

Mark Staff

You can email support(at)vimeo(dot)com and someone will help you privately.

Matt Conway

Matt Conway Plus

I'm also having the same issue - upgraded to imbed HD vids. Whats the deal? Why is this such an issue? The video is: vimeo.com/15246175 - but I'd like the capability for ALL vids.

Thanks,

Matt

Ian Alexander Scott

Ian Alexander Scott Alum

Hey Robert, this video appears to be embedded as HD. Are you still having trouble?

Jakob Montrasio

Jakob Montrasio Plus

Hi! I have many of my videos embedded on my website jakob.montrasio.net and they don't seem to play in HD. I individually changed every video to HD embedding AND hit the "make it all HD" button in my settings, but it doesn't seem to work. Please help! Thank you!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Jakob, your videos are defaulting to HD for me. Please note that our support hours are Mondays through Fridays, 9-6 EST. Are you still having trouble?

Jakob Montrasio

Jakob Montrasio Plus

Thanks for your reply, Alex. I think the first one is in HD, but the third from the top, 'Get Started', definitely loads in SD. There's so much artifacts, that can't be HD.

I'm not so sure about the other ones, but they do look more crispy than the third one.

Emily Garrett

Emily Garrett Alum

Can you please include a link to where your video is embedded?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.