Lebanon Baptist Church

Lebanon Baptist Church Plus

I've been editing videos for my church and uploading them via ftp to my church's website for years using a scheduler and ftp script. That way I can edit the video and leave while it's building. After it's done the scheduler just kicks off the ftp process. Is there a way to do an automated upload to vimeo?

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm sure you can maybe build something, but we don't provide anything like that. Take a look at our API tools developer.vimeo.com

ASU, Academic Technologies

We are using Camtasia Relay at Arizona State University to produce instructional "screencast" content. Camtasia provides support for a number of Publishing Destinations, including iTunes U, YouTube, ftp, WebDav, etc. Quite a number of folks at ASU also use Vimeo. However, there does not appear to be a simple clean connection between Camtasia and Vimeo. I see in the forums that ftp is not available for Vimeo. Understandable. Would WebDav be an option for automatic uploads from Camtasia Relay to Vimeo? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Camtasia Relay. As Mark suggested above, we don't provide any automatic uploader, but if you are comfortable building your own, check out developer.vimeo.com.

Ian, Thanks for the info and quick response! As it happens developing my own uploader using your APIs is a bit outside of my comfort zone. However, if our user's Vimeo usage warrants it we could certainly work with our development team to pursue this. At present though, our faculty are being encouraged to publish to other environments via Camtasia Relay using some of the default settings (Screencast.com, iTunes U, YouTube, etc.) In working with Camtasia support they suggested WebDAV as a possible option to publish to Vimeo. ?? Here is a screenshot of the Camtasia Relay "Publishing Destination" setup that you may be interested in (skitch.com/dotguy/87tuh/camtasia-relay). If WebDAV is not a tree worth barking up, I might encourage you all to reach out to Techsmith and pursue including Vimeo in their list of supported destinations. I expect it would be well received. Thanks again! :-) -- Guy Mullins

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Guy, thanks for the screen shot. Unfortunately, without using the software I cannot attest to its compatibility with Vimeo. Maybe it works great? We'll keep Techsmith in mind going forward. Thanks.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.