Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Good news everyone! We've updated the iOS app again with some tweaks and bugfixes. You can see the full changelog and download the app from iTunes here:

j.mp/vimeoios

Known Issues:
-Stats show "Technical Difficulties" on iPad and some iPhones. This is a server-side issue that we're currently working on.

If you're having trouble with the app, please check to see if you have done the following first:
1) If you're a newer user, make sure your account is verified. If you haven't received a confirmation message from us, post in this thread: vimeo.com/forums/topic:25354
2) Clear file cache. This removes all Projects Recordings and any associated assets. This can't be undone, so use with caution! Log in and tap Account > Settings > Clear file cache.
3) Reset app. This will cause all data to be erased and your account to be logged out. This can't be undone, so use with caution! Log in and tap Account > Settings > Reset app.

If you're still having problems, please post below with the iDevice model and iOS version that you are using. In addition, if you're experiencing crashing, describe what you're doing when the app crashes. If an error or other dialogue box pops up, take a screenshot by holding the power button and clicking the home button. You can use an image hosting service like ge.tt to host the screenshot.

The more detail you include, the better! Your reports help us make the best video app in the universe!

Link: j.mp/vimeoios

Darnell Clayton

Darnell Clayton Plus

Needed: More advanced Tumblr integration! In other apps like Flipboard and Instapaper you can share content beyond your main blog upon other sites (useful if you have multiple blogs). Wish Vimeo had this feature as it would help it shine a little more in my eyes.

Links: Flipboard.com, Instapaper.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks Darnell, we'll look into this for a future release.

H D

H D

I still can't locate my albums, and in particular my favourites in the app. This is what i use most!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Album and collections aren't available in the app yet, but we're looking at adding it in down the road.

Dan Robert Polsrød

Dan Robert Polsrød

I am unable to log in to the Vimeo app on my iPhone 4 and new iPad.
I get the error message: "Could not authenticate. Please check your username and password and try again."
I am using iOS 5.1.1 on both devices and version 2.0.5 of the Vimeo app. I am not sure if my e-mail address is verified, as I have not received any e-mails regarding verification. When I registered my user, I did receive an e-mail with a confirmation link I had to click, which I did. I am able to log in in Safari and Chrome on both devices.

kevin mchugh

kevin mchugh

i too am having the exact issues dan polsrod is having. same OS and app version. i too can login via a web browser with no issues.

The Institute for Functional Med

The Institute for Functional Med Plus

I too am having the exact same problem. It was working flawlessly before and then now I get the login error message. I have tried deleting and downloading the app again to no avail. Help!

Andreas Pieber

Andreas Pieber Plus

I also can,t Log in with my iPad but it works with my iPhone!

B&D Fine Homes

B&D Fine Homes Plus

I am unable to authenticate via either the Vimeo iOS app or the iMovie iOS app. I have tried from a couple different iPhones, withwith the latest updates. Today, I removed both apps from my account here, hoping that would reset the connection somehow, but the problem persists.

Joshua Cahan

Joshua Cahan

Can't login via app but can via web browser. Help!?

Marcel Knopper

Marcel Knopper

I can't login via app but can via safari. Yesterday there were no problems.

Robert van Bregt

Robert van Bregt

Can't login with iPhone app. Is This related to iMovie oAuth issue?

icks99

icks99

Hi
I've got the same issue... Can't log in on iPhone app while it works on the web.

Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Same issue, running 5.1.1 and can't log into app with my iphone.

kcexec

kcexec Plus

Same issue here as well with Ipad.

Tim Haak

Tim Haak

Seems to be a general error as you don's seem to be able to log into the android app either.

Jason Hawkins

Jason Hawkins Staff

Hey everybody, sorry about the log in issues. Things should be back to normal now.

Chris Long

Chris Long Plus

I still cannot see any stats on my Verizon iPhone 4 running 5.1.1, and I have cleared the cash and reset the app multiple times. Also, a couple times the app crashed right after I hit go to log in. When I relaunched the app, it had still apparently logged me in successfully.

EDIT: Hmmm... of course after I post this stats magically start working again. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I had to log in on this page (within the app) to make the initial post even the though app was already logged in? Oh Vimeo, you're so dark and mysterious.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Dark, mysterious, and handsome! We're working on the stats issues now.

JORGE PARRA

JORGE PARRA

Is there any way to create a playlist ike in couch mode but using the IOS app instead??

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Not yet, but it's a good idea! We're looking into adding Albums and other collections into the iOS app down the road.

Slava Makhotkin

Slava Makhotkin

Still unable to login with iPhone 4s iOS 5.1.1... Says I should check my username and password.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, can you try deleting the app and installing it again?

Stefan Udziela

Stefan Udziela Plus

I sent in a request through help about this, but I haven't heard back yet. When I go to share a video using "embed to Wordpress blog," the post it generates is a text link to the video on Vimeo... not an actual embed. I can go into Wordpress to fix this, but I was hoping to post the video directly to my blog from the Vimeo iOS app.

clyde. 101

clyde. 101

when i share a private video and send a friend the video invitation do i need to send a password also. because now i share the video i put in the friend email address along with a message and i send it but everybody tells me they can't open the file. Do i need to send a password too?

Carin Bouchard

Carin Bouchard

ok brand new to this. I want to be able to follow the church I use to go to. on the computer version of vimeo I have it on follow. How do I access it on the iPhone app? I cant find it in the search and I'm frustrated cause I find it easily on the computer, but I want it on my phone? What do I do??

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Carin, sorry but it's not yet possible to view a user's uploads or profile page. This feature is coming soon though!

Vitchub

Vitchub Plus

I don't see anyone having this issue (present in most recent versions of the Vimeo App for iPhone). I am running iOS 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4S and it is practically impossible to navigate my Likes. The list is not shown chronologically as it does on my computer browser but in some random arbitrary fashion. And literally, it weirdly keeps refreshing and moving the likes up and down in a frenetic way (I could record and upload to my account such behavior if needed). Please let me know how to fix this bug since I really lack checking my Likes on my iPhone. Thanks in advance!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.