biznavigator

biznavigator

On the above page that you use to show ""Calling the API with Froogaloop" it would appear that once the video has started playing then one of three messages should appear viz: elapsed time, paused and finished. However, only the elapsed time seems to appear.
This suggests that your Javascript or api is not working?
Can you tell me why the messages don't change so that I can better understand how to use the api.

Thanks

Link: developer.vimeo.com/player/js-api#universal-with-froogaloop

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Looks like there is a playProgress event firing just after the finish, so that's why it's not showing up there. We'll look to see if there is something we can do about that, but the way it's working now is just passing the events through from the video directly.

biznavigator

biznavigator

@ Brad Dougherty
I didn't full understand your answer on this but I let it sit because you mentioned that you were looking at it. However, its now been a week so I wanted to follow up and clarify the situation.
When you said that the events were coming directly from the video I don't know what that means in terms of the api. Is the api being bypassed, is there some other approach being used that is not shown in your tutorial?

It appears to me, and others, that something in your api is not working.
And hence the situation is that the api is currently unusable. Is that correct?
If I'm incorrect in my assertion then how would a user go about using the api?

Also perhaps you would clarify for us exactly what is happening with regarding to "looking to see is there something we can do...". When should we expect and answer?

Thanks.

biznavigator

biznavigator

Thanks for your response.

Are there any other examples you have that show how to use the "finish" function so that I can craft something in jquery to take an action when the video stops playing?

biznavigator

biznavigator

It appears that your "Simple Player" example is not working either?
I tried it Safari and Chrome and all the buttons appear to be dead in both browsers.

FYI

biznavigator

biznavigator

Looking at your reference document it says
"Adds a listener function for the specified event. listener is the name of the function to call when that event fires. If you’re using Froogaloop, this is handled in a different way. See the example above for details."

Given that your examples seem to be broken it appears that there is no reliable reference information on using Froogaloop.

Is there any way to learn how to use the Froogaloop library since the page in question appears to be broken and hence unreliable.
Perhaps this is something that needs fixing and we just have to wait until you get around to it?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Jovica Aleksic

Jovica Aleksic

Hi
For me too the events don't seem to work, anymore.
I used the official example as a starting point and copy-pasted the events part around february, and I remember that it was working back then.
However, I uncommented the trace()s in the event handlers for debugging something else today, and no handler except the one for READY gets fired.

Link: github.com/loopmode/websubs/blob/76ce381cadb61b66ef6cd6a6d6f2b55bdc70e7ff/src/org/mindpirates/video/vimeo/VimeoPlayerBase.as#L175

EDIT: I also tried it registering the event handlers after the READY event got fired, but it doesn't make a difference.

bonaventure geissmann

bonaventure geissmann

Same for me -> official examples not working in Safari/Mozilla browser but does work well on Chrome
Is the API broken in some ways?

I'm on Mac OSX 10.6
see my own code here -> vimeo.com/forums/api/topic:70919

Please give us hints about this problem.
Thanks

BrooksEE

BrooksEE Plus

I am experiencing similar issues. For me, the 'ready' event is not firing reliably. In Chrome it does not fire on a reload. In safari it does not seem to fire at all. Firefox seems OK.

Georg Kothmeier

Georg Kothmeier

For me it works on Firefox 16.0.2. But Firebug 1.10.6 throws the error:
Error: Permission denied to access property 'toString'
I just copy&pasted the code from player.vimeo.com/api/examples/simple strangely I get no error when I view the example over the vimeo url. If I try the copy&pasted example on my site the error comes up! It is quite anoying, because this error seems to crash the rest of my JavaScript application. I think I made some error when including froogaloop, but I don't know what to do different. What is the get parameter at the end of the url for? In the simple example you use the following link:
a.vimeocdn.com/js/froogaloop2.min.js?72fce-1353928586
What is 72fce-1353928586 for? May the error result form a wrong get param? What should I use?

The TIM Project

The TIM Project PRO

Did you find any solution to this? I'm struggling with the same issue and think it has something to do with crossdomain.xml but don't know for sure.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.