Dujeous LLC

Dujeous LLC

Hello all. The audio is out of sync in my video once uploaded, not in original. I exported as per your ideal settings on your website, although I do not see where on my export setting (from Avid MC6) I could select "variable" or "constant" - i followed your instruction, H.264 compression, 24 fps, keyframe every 24, audio 44.1 K. Thanks, please help. Tried reuploading and problem is still there. Can't figure out how to look at metadata on my video to see if it is a "constant/variable" issue - and if it is - what can I do within the export settings in Avid MC6 to fix that option? I imagine the keyframing is the constant? Assistance very much appreciated.

Link: vimeo.com/46375024

Mark

Mark Staff

Really bizarre - your file has no metadata attached to it so I can't determine what is wrong in this case. Can you try re-compressing it?

Dujeous LLC

Dujeous LLC

Hello. Uploaded the file and replaced the old one. It is still out of sync. h.264, 24 fps, 24 frame keyframe, mpeg 4 sound, 320 kbit, 5000 for the visuals. It's not out of sync on my computer, just on playback off the site. When I download the file off the site, it's back in sync! Please help.
Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/46411421

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you've deleted it - if you still need help, let us know.

Alex Chomicz

Alex Chomicz Plus

Hi - we are the same problem I think. I made a video that works fine [ vimeo.com/46003332 ] & have uploaded on same settings many times to vimeo & youtube.....

But the composer uploaded a video we provided & it is out of synch
vimeo.com/46394362

can you check if there is anything happening at your end?

thank you !

Link: vimeo.com/46394362

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you've deleted it - if you still need help, let us know.

Dujeous LLC

Dujeous LLC

Yes please, we still need help. We have followed all instructions, from your website, and teh tutorial, exporting out of Avid. We even found the constant/variable option on audio and made it variable. Please help us, we are a week behind on our scheduled posting because we can't release it like this. We would much rather support you folks than YouTube. Thank you for your help.

Dujeous

Mark

Mark Staff

Provide a link to the new version then, please.

Mark

Mark Staff

The source file you uploaded is out of sync.

Rerun

Rerun PRO

re: the Acclivity post above. How are you determining it is "out of sync"? Is there some objective/technical way you can determine that? Because to the eye, the source is not out of sync for us. Whereas, once uploaded to Vimeo it was very clearly out of sync. We really appreciate your help. We don't have the subject matter expertise in-house and we are struggling to make this work asap.

Mark

Mark Staff

I downloaded it, watched it, and the audio did not match up with the lip movement. Looks exactly the same in this file as it does on Vimeo.

Oakhouse Films

Oakhouse Films Plus

Mark, this is clearly a common problem. Many people have this issue, and there aren't that many people accidentally exporting videos that are out of synch. I'm a pro user and all my videos are out of synch by a half second. Please advise.

Link: vimeo.com/channels/369881/46684514

Mareterraniu Productions

Mareterraniu Productions PRO

Hi vimeo,
We have same problem. My video is sync on my IMAC and out of sync on vimeo, it's H.264 and
I had re-upload the video 3 times and the problem persists.

please help.

jeff

Terry smith

Terry smith Plus

I am experienced the same thing today, Followed the instructions from a mac, the quicktime is perfect but once uploaded the online film is out of sync.

best Terry

Terry smith

Terry smith Plus

Ok Mark I am currently making the quicktime. But the quicktime I made before had no sync issues, it was only when up loaded? I set the frame rate then as current. This time I tried something else, when its made and uploaded will have a look. T

Mark

Mark Staff

Ok let me know when it's up

Rerun

Rerun PRO

Not to be a jerk (re: the Acclivity video referenced above) but the source looks good on all our machines and we posted on You Tube and the audio/video sync is perfect. I'm not going to get defensive here, as there is obviously something w/ our video since not everyone has this issue, but since it looks good on You Tube there is also obviously something also going on w/ the recompression on Vimeo's side.

Mark

Mark Staff

Again, we've downloaded your original file and it is playing back out of sync on our computers. We've tested this on 3 different machines. I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point aside from re-compressing. Sorry.

Rerun

Rerun PRO

Aren't you downloading the file after it's been recompressed by Vimeo though?

Since this isn't working for us, and we'll unfortunately be forced to go with You Tube, how do we go about trying to get a refund for our Pro account?

Mark

Mark Staff

Nope, i'm downloading the original file you uploaded, before it's re-compressed by Vimeo. The one you compressed.

I'm sorry, but you're out of your 30-day refund period, you purchased PRO 6 months ago.

Rerun

Rerun PRO

We have two Pro accounts. I'm not talking about the Rerun account. I'm talking about our Acclivity account (purchased within 30 days on July 13th). Please let me know how we process a refund. Thanks.

Terry smith

Terry smith Plus

hi mark tried what you said and it works now. So thanks for that. T

Mark

Mark Staff

The sync on Vimeo and in your original file look exactly the same on multiple computers that we've tested on.

Mark

Mark Staff

Again, looking at your source file in Quicktime yields the same result. I'm sorry, but I can't suggest anything further aside from shifting your audio 2 frames in post.

Humanitarian Productions

Humanitarian Productions Plus

Hi Mark!

Same problem here. Audio is out of sync. The original file is fine, even if you download it and play it out of Quicktime. I have used the compression settings that are recommended:

Video > H.264, 30fps, 5Mbps, CBR, 1280 x 720, Square px.
Audio > 44.1 Khz audio, AAC, 128kbps.

Link to the video
vimeo.com/4745214

Thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/4745214

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, it looks like you deleted the video so I cannot look into this.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, your meta data shows that you are using a audio format that we do not recommend. What software did you use to edit your video?

Lawrence Nick Tancraitor

Lawrence Nick Tancraitor

i have the same problem

VIDEO 1

HI THIS VIDEO WAS COMPENSATED BEFORE OUT OF FINAL CUT PRO AS TO COMPENSATE FOR THE AWKWARD PLAYBACK ON VIMEO

Hi this video has been purposely off set, so the sync matches on firefox/safari….but now is off sync on my galaxy s4 phone

vimeo.com/47427849

VIDEO 2

SO THE VIDEO BELOW IS SYNCED CORRECTLY OUT OF FINAL CUT AND PLAyS PERFECTLY IN SYNC BEFORE THE UPLOAD TO VIMEO.

and this video is off sync on vimeo but is on sync on my android phone

vimeo.com/47070023

SO to sum it up
video 1 is off sync on vimeo, but is on sync on my android 4g cellphone..
video 2 is on sync on vimeo, but is off sync on my android.

VIDEO 2 is correctly synced and should play correctly on vimeo, but it does not…i should not have to offset the sync to make it playback on vimeo correctly..
what can i do???

I payed extra to have a plus account and am totally bummed about this…
The playback on time on this video keeps offsetting my sync…

please call me, this is driving me crazy..
Lawrence nick tancraitor
1-818-378-1330

Lawrence Nick Tancraitor

Lawrence Nick Tancraitor

Hi, It seems to have something to do with vimeos playback because it plats perfect on you tube and on my desktop, after i upload it to vimeo the problems are there....I compressed it according to the turorial,,,any other suggestions? thanks

Tony @ AZClimbersZone.com

Throwing my hat in the discussion as well:

vimeo.com/47545385

Compressed using the following settings:

AVS Video Editor
MP4 format
H.264/AVC video codec
1280x720
5000 kbps
24 fps
MPEG2/4 Audio Codec
16 bit sample size
44,100 hz sample rate
320 kbps bitrate

Any ideas?
Thank you,
Tony

Link: vimeo.com/47545385

I should note that the audio and video synch playing it on the desktop that it was produced on. I'll try it out on some other computers today, but help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Tony

Emily, it's not stuttering for me, the video is lagging the audio. Did you look at the video at 13:45 for instance? As I mentioned above, it started off good but progressively gets worse. I've verified this on two separate computers on Vimeo.

Thank you,
Tony

Emily, I verified that the issue tracks to two other peoples' computers. One a mac. Problem persists with HD and non-HD. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tony

Einar Krautzwel

Einar Krautzwel

I think this audio video problem is realy boring. And im realy geting tierd of it. As i see it, youtube and vimeo are transcoding evrything into 29.97 frames ( 30 )and that takes the euro standard ( 25 frames ) and tries to convert that into 30 that takes audio out of sync?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

No we respect the native frame rate if it's 23.97, 24, 24.97, 25, 29,97, or 30

Lynn University

Lynn University

The two most recent videos we've uploaded are having this problem. They play perfectly on my desktop and on YouTube. I tried re-rendering using the Vimeo 720p preset in Premiere CS6 but no dice. vimeo.com/49466471

Link: vimeo.com/49466471

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, it looks like you compressed your video with a variable frame rate which may be causing this synch issue. Can you try re-compressing with a constant frame rate and re-uploading?

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Lynn University

Lynn University

Premiere CS6 doesn't have a render setting for choosing between variable and constant frame rate. I always render at 23.976 progressive. Are you suggesting I re-render with Handbrake? This just started happening the past week. Videos were fine before this.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Oh, my apologies. Yes. Handbrake would be a good alternative then if you edited with clips that had different frame rates.

Link: handbrake.fr

IPG Media Lab

IPG Media Lab

Hi Ian,
There is major audio sync issues happening when my videos are viewed on Vimeo. I uploaded to Youtube with two different videos and it was perfect. I have uploaded over 30 videos with the same settings for rendering with no problems. Last week problems with audio sync began, so I started rendering with Vimeo's suggested render settings in After Effects CS5.

The problem can be seen subtly with your HTML5 player, but it's even more obvious with your Flash Player. If you are going to view my original render, download the HD file to your computer What's going on? Can you help me?

vimeo.com/49756491

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, I downloaded the original video and noticed a similar synch issue to the version on Vimeo. I recommend checking your synching in your timeline again.

IPG Media Lab

IPG Media Lab

The adio is fine. Why is there a lag with your Flash player compared to your HTML5 player. Will you acknowledge there's a problem?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, I'm not seeing any difference between the Html5 and Flash player. Do you remember if you uploaded your video with the advanced or basic uploader?

Ramon  Garcia

Ramon Garcia Plus

Vimeo,

I had sync issues on the upload to Vimeo. I used CS6 Encoder to the Vimeo setting and there were only issues on the file playing on vimeo. I initially rendered out the file in After Effects and then compressed it using the vimeo options in Encoder. Do you have any suggestions for me or is using handbrake the only way to go about this? Here is the the link: Thanks in advance.

vimeo.com/50011395

zolo films

zolo films

Hi Vimeo,
I continue to have sync issues on alot of the videos that I upload to vimeo. Here is the latest video that is out of sync:
vimeo.com/48834460
I exported this video per the vimeo / FCP 7 specs.

Thanks in advance
Best
Zoe

Link: vimeo.com/48834460

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Zoe, I am re-encoding your video for you which should help. Let me know if you see otherwise.

zolo films

zolo films

Thanks Ian,
Let me know when your done.? Is there anything in particular that you can advise so this doesn't happen again?

Best
Zoe

zolo films

zolo films

I see that you are encoding now. Thanks

zolo films

zolo films

Thanks Ian,
It looks better.
Any idea was was pushing it out of sync? Appreciate you getting back to me..

Thanks again for re-encoding.
Best
Zoe

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Good to hear it looks better. We were experiencing some sync issues on our end but we've got them fixed.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.