swarming1111

swarming1111

I reuploaded / deleted & reuploaded 2 times and I still get this message. The first time it said it was encoding (for nearly 14 hours) and then it just got this message

" Uh oh!

There was a problem loading this video."

Link: vimeo.com/49487755

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

It appears that some video codecs and file types that Vimeo typically supports have been causing failed uploads recently. AVI files and Window Media files are among those affected.

Apologies for the inconvenience! Our developers are currently looking into this and we hope that we can start supporting these files again soon.

In the meantime, please try exporting your videos according to our recommended compression settings: vimeo.com/help/compression

You should be able to upload those without a hitch. Using these settings will also ensure you're getting the highest quality video possible.

alice cohen

alice cohen Plus

i'm having this problem too - message is "sorry there was a problem loading the video."
compression is correct - h264 - it is a quicktime file, and not avi or windows media. please help. the upload took 3 hours, and i've never had this problem. and someone is waiting to see the edit

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Nevermind, Alice - I noticed that you also posted in the Problems Uploading thread. I'll follow up with you there.

OwnitAllNow

OwnitAllNow

Hi, I also replaced / deleted & reuploaded my video a few times as well, but I never got an error message. I always just get a black video display box w/good audio. I followed the tutorial on configuring Windows Live Movie Maker for SD & HD and exported my video in both formats. But they both result in a black video display box and good audio. Are there any solutions available for this issue?

Thanks

Specs:

Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
Duration : 6mn 36s
Bit rate : 2000 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Stream size : 94.5 MiB

Link: vimeo.com/49532840

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. It looks like that video was deleted. Did you upload a different version that I can check out?

OwnitAllNow

OwnitAllNow

Hi Ian, yes I deleted it yesterday, and just converted the video to H.264, and it plays fine. It was probably just the Window Media files issue you mentioned earlier. But I converted the video to MP4/H.264 and it's playing fine.

Thanks for responding tho.

Link: vimeo.com/49574658

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.