Mark

Mark Staff

Hey everyone! As you very well may know -we've launched a little something called Tip Jar. Tip Jar allows your fans to show their appreciation for your videos with small cash payments to you. You can read all about it right here: vimeo.com/blog/post:523

We've set up this thread to allow you guys to post feedback and any questions you may have about using it. Please be cool and make sure that before you post, you search our handy FAQ first: vimeo.com/help/faq/tip_jar

Cheers!!

Ramy Rizkallah

Ramy Rizkallah Plus

Hi Mark. I've noticed Tip Jar is only available to people with a PayPal Account. Unfortunately PayPal is not activated in Egypt and I cannot pay or receive money with it. Are there other options like a Credit Card or Bank Accounts that can be activated.
Thank you.

Emon Hassan

Emon Hassan Plus

Hi Mark,

Wondering who should I contact re: submitting film for "Pay to View" beta testing. Sorry for the off topic question.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm sorry but there's no open submission process. This feature will be available to all PRO members at some point in the future.

alfa smog

alfa smog Plus

Wait, so PLUS users won't have the "pay to view" option?\

Mark

Mark Staff

Alfa Smog, no, Plus users will not be able to enable this option on their videos.

Luis Lodos

Luis Lodos

I am trying to make a tip on a video. I set the amount. I uncheck "use my stored billing information". Then click "use Paypal". And then nothing happens.

I am trying on this video > vimeo.com/38098309

Thanks

Luis Lodos

Luis Lodos

I have switched to credit card for now.

Creative Antics

Creative Antics Plus

How is "commercial" content defined? I have looked for a definition and can't find one. Political is clear enough, mostly. Any opinion could be considered political, couldn't it? If I make a "how to" cooking video is that commercial if I create it specifically in the hopes for tips? Could commercial mean only selling a product or service like a typical TV commercial?

I LOVE the Tip Jar idea! Just would like some clarification about what is considered "commercial" and "political." Seems to me lots of gray area here and some guidance would be helpful!

Thanks!

Fernando Fortes de Valencia

Fernando Fortes de Valencia Plus

Hi guys, I think that the bar for the paypal account email at activating tip jar accepts only 32 characters. My email has 34... how to fix?

hate5six

hate5six Plus

Is there a way to apply the Tip Jar in a batch or global setting? Or do I have to manually activate it for each video?

This is a great idea for those of us who produce non-commercial content. Thank you!

Judith Redding

Judith Redding Plus

Is anyone else having problems with the tip jar check box? I check it, I hit save, it doesn't get saved, there's no paypal prompt. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bart Vels

Bart Vels Plus

the same for me: clicking the checkbox, no checkmark visible ... saving also changes nothing.
Tried it in IE and Chrome.

Judith Redding

Judith Redding Plus

Bart: I eventually got on a friend's Macbook and used Safari to access the website, and it then worked as it should. Which is not helpful if you don't have access to an Apple.

Kemalettin Sert

Kemalettin Sert

im + plus now for this :) Thank you Vimeo you rock! need to go out and shoot something serious now!

Danielle Flood

Danielle Flood

Hey, Mark. I tried to Tip Spencer Morin's Bear Snore video about six times and nothing happens. There's also no secure https: at the top when I entered my credit card information. Very frustrated. Am at daniflood@comcast.net if you could let me know when it's fixed. Thanks a bunch.

Mike Fish

Mike Fish Plus

When enabling tip jar, adding my PayPal email info & checking the agreement checkbox, I hit submit and it thinks for a second and does nothing, leaving be back at the same form.

KAIZENPICTURES

KAIZENPICTURES Plus

Somebody give me a tip. But i cant see it? Where i can see the amount of the tip´s i get for my video?

John Mangino

John Mangino Plus

It just worked for me after a message from the staff. Didn't use my stored info but just went through to PayPal. Which is fine.

Now people get those tip jars up!

Jefferson Drexler

Jefferson Drexler Plus

When I try to connect to my Paypal account and set up my tip jar, the "Select Country" field is not active, however I can't get past that stage without selecting a country. Using Firefox & Safari on a Mac OS X 10.7

Ollie Dale

Ollie Dale Plus

Is anyone else having issues with setting up the tip jar? On the Advanced page where it has a check box to set up the Tip Jar, when I click it another page (pop up?) flashes up and disappears instantly, so I can't even start it, let alone set it up...

OS X Lion, Chrome and Safari, MacBook Pro

Mark

Mark Staff

We're looking into this right now - should be fixed super soon. It should work in Firefox or IE in the meantime.

Five Element Productions

Five Element Productions Plus

I cannot set up the Tip Jar either. If I tick the box it disappears again after saving. I have also clicked on "Activate Tip Jar" in my account settings and again the tick disappears after saving. Frustrating.

Mark

Mark Staff

We're looking into this right now - should be fixed super soon. It should work in Firefox or IE in the meantime.

Bart Vels

Bart Vels Plus

Same error for me: clicking the checkbox does some kinds of refresh, but no checkmark is visible, saving the setting changes nothing... :-(

#fail

Mark

Mark Staff

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

Hi there, I'm starting a test portfolio, and I've selected the tip jar on both videos, placed them in the portfolio, but the tip jar doesnt show in the portfolio, but the tip jar DOES show outside the portfolio in my plus account, but doesnt seem to work when moved into the PRO portfolio. also, my upload speed seems slower than it was before, and i'm on latest mac os, and using firefox.

Link: vimeopro.com/user925956/art-method-active-resistance-training-art-studio-nyc-terri-walsh

Mark

Mark Staff

Tip Jar doesn't work in portfolios, sorry.

musanim

musanim

I set up the tip jar using my "sales" PayPal account (the one where I receive payments for other things). It seemed to work fine (videos show the tip jar enabled).

Then I logged out and gave myself a tip using a different PayPal account (the one I typically use for paying for things). On the paying end, that seems to have worked (I got a confirmation email, the payment shows up in PayPal, etc.), but on the receiving end, nothing:

no payment received by PayPal
no tips listed for the video ("No tips yet, but we’re rooting for you.")
no tips shown on the My Settings/Account page ("Your videos have not been tipped yet.")

I've read somewhere that tips take three hours to show up, but it's been twice that long.

Is it broken? Am I doing something wrong?

darcy twarog

darcy twarog

Can Tip Jar be used to collect donations for a non-profit, non-political cause (with government charitable status)?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.