Jose Barquin

Jose Barquin

Every time i try to watch videos through airplay from my ipad to my apple tv i get the message "an error occured loading this content try again later"
Why am i getting this message???

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Jose, sorry about that. Can you try resetting your apple TV?

Jose Barquin

Jose Barquin

I've tried it and nothing, im still etting the message. I tried it with my iphone it works nicely, but not with my ipad.
Is there also any connection issues between vimeo and chrome or safari?
Thank you

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

No that I'm aware of. I'll take a look at this when I'm back in the office though. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Jose Barquin

Jose Barquin

Any news on this matter? Cause i havent been able to airplay vimeo videos from my ipad to my apple tv

Andrew

Andrew

I am also having this issue with iPad to Apple TV. It works fine between iPhone and Apple TV.

FashionLab

FashionLab Plus

I have the same issue. I tried with 2 different APTV and I obtained same bad result: video in full screen size cannot be played: "an error oc..."
I opened an incident case on Vimeo but no answer.
It's really disappointed. I think this came with the latest upgrade of the APTV
No reaction from Vimeo force me to switch to an other platform...

Already Alive

Already Alive PRO

This is pretty bad guys. I'm having this problem to. It used to be my favorite feature. Can we get someone to look into this?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the trouble. I'm going to check in with our developers on this now.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

You bet. Sorry that this has not been working for you!

prusik

prusik

Same here. The issue has been brought up by many, and for some time. Surprising that you are not able to fix this.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Our developers are working on this with Apple. Thanks for your patience.

Jed Barish

Jed Barish Plus

Its happening to our site which we have more viewers using iPad and iPhone at home to watch on TV. Please fix this asap.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the inconvenience, Jed. We're working on this.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're working on this with Apple now, thanks for your patience.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Unfortunately, nothing to update. We'll keep you posted.

JayJahy

JayJahy

Same problem. Errors every time I try to load.

Brad Griffith

Brad Griffith

Same issue here. Just bought appletv last night and notice Vimeo and a couple of others give me the same error message

St. Louis Johnny

St. Louis Johnny

Ian, you and Vimeo are great but we and you need a lot of help from Vimeo to solve this problem that has gone on far too long. Who do we need to contact to help you get some high level emphasis on finding a solution to this problem?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, unfortunately the last I have heard on this is that the folks at Apple are looking into this. I'm sorry that I don't have a fix nor an update at the moment. I'm going to check in on this today.

prusik

prusik

Still not working???

Josh Booth

Josh Booth

I found a workaround for now: if u have a Vimeo account like it or hit watch later. Download the Vimeo app on your iPad and sign in to your account. Navigate to where you marked it then hit play and choose the airplay method - seems to play fine over AirPlay for me.

ZachFine

ZachFine Plus

Happening for me as well, and I'm running ios5.1.1 on my iPad 3 (or whatever the first gen retina should be called). My apple tv just says "an error occurred loading this content". However if a download link is available for the video, I can usually click that and then click the hd version of the video and it'll play just fine.

I think i used to AirPlay videos from the video website on my iPad to my 1080p apple tv all the time. Since I haven't updated the iPad's OS, I don't think it's the problem. Either something's changed in the encoding used by vimeo's embedded player or something's changed in the apple tv (though it works fine airplaying other video sites than vimeo).

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that! We're workin' on it.

ZachFine

ZachFine Plus

Glad to hear it. Thanks Mark.

I'm very curious what's the cause. Has vimeo switched their iOS player to use some particular codec/bitrate combination that plays fine on the iPad but isn't recognized by the AppleTV over AirPlay? It'd be interesting to know the answer so that I can avoid running into the same problem on websites I make.

While you're making changes to the iPad app -- if you could please make it possible to click a user's name on their video's info panel or in the video's credits to see the other videos they've posted, that would be great. When I view a video I find interesting, I usually want to check out the other videos that person's posted. This is yet another reason I have to revert to using the website. The ability to click people's names to get to related info and items is one of the most basic functions of any social-media-esque service.

Thanks again.

Mark

Mark Staff

I don't actually know, sorry. Our developers are in talks with Apple about this.

Thomas Schmenger

Thomas Schmenger Plus

Same problem for me: "an error occurred.." message is visible when I try to start an embedded vimeo HD movie via ipad 3 | IOS 5.1.1

John

John

As many have said it would great if it would work. Also the search engine could use a facelift. If I'm trying to find a video by say RMB like 'A good year in the mountains' you can find it on all sorts of websites and of course google but look at the Vimeo host and......nothing. I found the video at YouTube in the Apple TV. I guess you guys and Apple know what needs to be fixed but won't say. Shame.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hi John, we are currently working on our search engine. We've been re-indexing quite a bit of our material on-site and it should get back to acting normally very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thomas Schmenger

Thomas Schmenger Plus

Today I am feeling happy. With the newest AppleTV and Ipad updates,everything is fine now....

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Thomas, we fixed this, AirPlay from iPad to AppleTV should be flawless now!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.