Eddie Lobanovskiy

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Hi guys,

Probably something stupid simple here, that I've been killing hours and hours on. I am an app designer and trying to export a simple iphone screen animation out of AfterEffects which I've successfully done before following of course Vimeo's guidelines.

Before video always looked crispy as it would on any iPhone with 960x640 resolution, and now it just looked like blown up thumbnail. Here's my previous results and what's happening now d.pr/i/vVbk also check attached links password is: close

I've tried exporting and reexporting every way possible Quicktime h264, mp4, all sorts of compressions and it always comes out to be looking like blown up low resolution video

Links: vimeo.com/51584485 , vimeo.com/46505118

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Eddie, sorry about that. There was a change on our side that mistakenly had a negative effect on how we encode vertical videos. We are working on fixing this now. Thanks for your patience!

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Thank you so much for getting back Ian, how long do you think it will approximately take hours/days/weeks I have to submit some previews to a client and not sure if I should try another service or solution.
Also can you please notify me when it is fixed. Thank you.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Eddie, we should have this fixed tomorrow. Can you remind me in the morning and I'll work on your video?

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Thanks so much Ian for all your help. I've reuploaded the file that I need asap. I've attached link to Vimeo video and uploaded original file to droplr (not sure if you need it).

Thanks so much!

Links: vimeo.com/51661090 , d.pr/v/V8bV

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Unfortunately the fix didn't work. We're going to keep working on this. Feel free to check back in!

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Just wanted to check on how the fix is coming along, also what is an ETA on it?

Thank you Ian.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Eddie, I checked with our developers and a push should go out tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for your patience.

Graeme-xxy

Graeme-xxy Plus

Can this change at your end have affected the Video Enhancer, Ian?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

No. It should have no affect on the Enhancer. Let's keep our conversation in the the other thread that you posted in.

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Eddie Lobanovskiy

Just wanted to check how things are going and you were able to figure anything out. Please let me know.

Graeme-xxy

Graeme-xxy Plus

I deleted the video, I'll start again. It was only an experiment, not all experiments work. :) This is the first time I have purchased a license to use a song, maybe that has something to do with it as the song was much shorter than the video and I had to select how much of the video to overwrite?

Sort Film

Sort Film Plus

So wrote in another post - but saw this one, and another one, and another one. A client needs their site ready by Tuesday and need to know if I should look into another solution? Hope it can be fixed, would love to use your player. Thank you Ian and VIM TEAM.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Our developers are still working on this one. I'll check in with them today.

Mark

Mark Staff

We don't have an ETA, sorry. Our developers have their hands quite full right now.

Sort Film

Sort Film Plus

Did you see the test 10 movie? There's clearly big issue here, don't you agree?

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Yes, we do agree that there's an issue. We are pushing a fix soon-- hopefully today. I do apologize for the inconvenience; I understand it's frustrating. Please be patient as we try to sort this out!

Sort Film

Sort Film Plus

Wow, Rebecca if this could be fixed today, it would be absolutely amazing.
I'll check back in a bit later! Would make my life so much easier if we could use vimeo for this project, as everything has been set up with this in mind.

[Example using HTML5 player and example using VIMEO.]

Link: vodkova.com/vimeo/

Sort Film

Sort Film Plus

Guys come on, could you please give me some sort of final answer? Please stop stalling and tell me if this will be fixed today?!

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

I am hopeful the help is coming! Unfortunately, we have been waiting for such a fix for six weeks. Fingers crossed.

NashvilleTNDreamHomes.com

NashvilleTNDreamHomes.com PRO

They didn't teach me how to mauever on a video site at MBA school. I have never had this much difficulty spending money.

Sort Film

Sort Film Plus

It seems the first poster frame is fine and then it starts encoding and the video is /$%^/.
Please, anyone?

Link: vimeo.com/52449806

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

It seems that this video and the previous one you posted have been deleted. If you re-upload the videos and still see issues, please post back here and I can try to re-encode. Sorry for all the trouble, we've been a bit swamped with Hurricane Sandy and other developmental priorities, but we would still like to help you in getting this issue sorted.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

Here's an example of the issue. We'd love for this to be resolved, it has been about six weeks since we reported this issue with no feedback or timeline for resolution.

vimeo.com/50068714

Mark

Mark Staff

We're still working on this, sorry.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

We have not yet heard anything about resolving our issue, or why the issue even exists, and now the forum topic we started about this problem has been closed -- due to "inactivity" !

This is really awful. We just want a service that Vimeo was already providing, and we have now paid for two months worth of something that we cannot use.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Our apologies we have a reduced staff presence over the Thanksgiving holidays. We'll look in to this again when we return on Monday.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

Another week without hearing a word back on this. That's 9 or 10 weeks now.

Mark

Mark Staff

Our encoding engineers have their hands quite full at the moment - it's still on the to do list. Sorry.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

... any progress? We've been unable to upload anything useful to our audience on Vimeo for nearly three months now.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

Continuing to poke this since our original thread was closed for inactivity 2-3 months ago. We are eager to have this functionality back to where it was in August, and no idea why it changed. We did not change our video resolution or uploading methods. Thanks for your help.

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm sorry, but we have no further information at this time. It's still on our developer's to-do list.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

Poking it again before the thread gets closed for lack of discussion. It's been over 3 months!!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks for bumping this thread and sorry for losing track of it. I'm re-encoding your video now, which should help. Can you let me know via this thread if it do or do not see a change in an hour's time?

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

There is a change, but it's not the right one. We upload videos at 1080x1920 vertical resolution. Prior to the change (vimeo.com/48124069 among other examples) the videos were encoded at 640x1136. This re-encoded video is at 360x640, the same as the most recent 4 or 5 videos. It looks like it's using the 640 in the wrong direction. I don't know why this changed, but our videos are difficult or impossible to watch in low resolution. Can anything be done about this?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry, this should have been resolved but it appears that it still isn't. I'm going to let our developers know. Thanks for hanging in there and for the heads up.

PAPApinball

PAPApinball Plus

Any luck? (Just kicking again so it doesn't auto-close the thread... and so that we can start doing what we do again!!)

Sort Film

Sort Film Plus

Blaming it on Hurricane Sandy, huh. Anyhow, sincerely hope you guys are all alright. I ended up having to re-encode 200 movies, as the client insisted we stick with the original solution of using Vimeo.But thank you for letting me wait until last minute, instead of just giving an approximate ETA. Not so sure I'll buy anymore PRO accounts for clients though. Not so happy with you Vimeo. I thought you guys were cool.

Mark

Mark Staff

We're sorry about that, Sort Film.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.