Bob Eutsler Productions

Bob Eutsler Productions Plus

After switching from plus to pro all of my video's are labeled as private and the videos that have been embedded in websites no longer work. I have gone to the privacy page but i see no option to turn off or on privacy. There is however a review page with a link button which also has me confused. It seems as if i may have made a mistake upgrading to pro can someone guide me in the right direction? Which of my videos are not acceptable for plus? Thanks in advance.

Link: vimeo.com/22365837

Bob Eutsler Productions

@ Mark, your response did not answer any of my questions or offer any help. I m considering going back to plus but i want to have a clear understanding of what video's are not allowed on plus. Also when i was considering enabling the community pass i had to agree that i didn't have any commercial videos but the problem is i do have a commercial video which is the reason i switched to pro. I have paid an extra $140 to switch to pro which in my mind i considered an upgrade but it seems like more of a downgrade at least for how i use vimeo. Please give me a response rather than a link.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay, since you have commercial content, you may not enable the community pass, nor can you switch back to Plus or Basic.

That being said, your embedded videos should still work, can you link me to where they are not working?

Bob Eutsler Productions

@mark, rugwashers.com, mark i believe this is the only video that i have that is considered commercial. Is there anyway to confirm this? Also why can i not switch back to plus. Pro has me very confused. When i had plus i would copy the videos http and email it to customers with a password if i enabled it but now there is a review page instead.

Mark

Mark Staff

The page you linked me to doesn't have a Vimeo video on it. Can you tell me where I can find that?

You'd be able to switch back to Plus (or enable your community pass) if you removed commercial content from your account.

Bob Eutsler Productions

@ Mark, I went to the site and you can see the vimeo player on the top right of the site under take a virtual tour (rugwashers.com/) Here is the backstory. We put together a video for a client/friend we uploaded it to vimeo plus and it worked great on his site. His site later got hacked and he rebuilt it. Once he did that the video wasn't right. I posted a question on vimeo and was told he was using a 3rd party player which isnt allowed on plus and also the video is a commercial video which wasnt allowed on plus. So I bought pro instead and sent him the 3rd party player link, whic was (player.vimeo.com/external/22365837.sd.mp4?s=fe4c725056357e7b78c4404b3c3e0dbe)and he sent me an email saying that the link was to a completely seperate video, so I have no idea how this happened. To double check he was right i clicked the link and it pulled up a different video not his. THe client then sent me an email 13 mins later that the link now works, but now there is no video.

Bob Eutsler Productions

That is the correct video. I emailed him a link which was his video he then emailed me saying it was a different video. the wrong video was actually uploaded after i had emailed him his link. How is this possible. Can I switch back to plus? Besides the rug cleaning video which of my other videos would be not be appropriated for vimeo plus

Riley Hooper

Riley Hooper Staff

Hi Bob, If you are a production company using Vimeo to showcase your work, then you are fine with a Plus or Basic account. However, if you are allowing your videos to be embedded on commercial websites and used commercially, you need to stick with PRO, even if it is just one video.
As for this video, could you try embedding it again? A new version would not have been uploaded unless it was done by someone logged into your account. Perhaps this was a communication error.

Riley Hooper

Riley Hooper Staff

Bob, As long as you are not embedding any other videos on commercial sites or using them for any purpose but to showcase your work, then sure, I can help you switch back.

Riley Hooper

Riley Hooper Staff

Hi Bob, I've refunded your PRO purchase. Please allow a few days for the transaction to go through. You can now purchase a Plus subscription at vimeo.com/plus. Just make sure you're signed into your account when you do so!

Bob Eutsler Productions

@ riley. Is it ok to keep the rugwasher video/ or any commercial video on a plus account as long as it is not embedded on a site.

Katie Armstrong

Katie Armstrong Staff

Hi Bob, yes that would be fine. As long as the videos themselves do not actively sell a product or service.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.