Christine Becksted

Christine Becksted

Hi, When I use Safari (10.7.5) to log into Vimeo, there is a Netflix ad on the right that takes over my ability to view Vimeo. It essentially hijacks the page and only allows you to either close the tab or click on one of their links. When I use Firefox, the ad area contains a warning that whatever is trying to connect is not secure so it's blocking it. Just wondered if this is something that can be disabled at Vimeo. Firefox is really slow on my Mac so I prefer to use Safari - has anyone else had this issue and found a way to use Safari with Vimeo and not get hijacked by the Netflix Ad?

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you please post a screenshot of this, upload it to ge.tt and post the link back here?

Christine Becksted

Christine Becksted

ge.tt/2DoGtlQ?c

There are two screen shots - first one is using Safari. It will show the Vimeo page until the Netflix ad loads, then the ad takes over the page, swallowing Vimeo completely with no access to Vimeo at all - it even changes the URL address so I guess it just redirects you to another page entirely. The second screen shot is from Firefox - the Yellow warning guy is where the Netflix Ad initially shows up but Firefox blocks it. here,

Link: ge.tt/2DoGtlQ?c

Mark

Mark Staff

Woah.. Okay, does the ad ever appear smaller on the page? At what point does it take over your whole screen? Do you have to click on it? Or does it just auto-redirect? This is kind of strange.

Christine Becksted

Christine Becksted

Sorry for the delay - just seeing your response.
Yeah...pretty bizarre. I am actually accessing this page now with Safari and for the first time, Safari sent a warning that the ad thing can't be verified so it gave me the option of blocking. Normally, when the page loads the ad immediately redirects and hijacks the page without clicking on it or anything and Safari doesn't even get the chance to block. I highly doubt it is an actually Netflix but I've never clicked on the links it presents because it pretty much screams that it's bad news.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks for clarifying, Christine. I'm going to look into this.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.