Iain Brew

Iain Brew

My idea is to film out your window where you live or work. This may sound dull, however it would be cool to have people all over the world capture this video, at the same time - then edit it together with some good music.
Could be interesting to see what is happening in the world at one time ie climates, weather, light, content.

TAG: worldinaminute

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

mhmm - just have to find a time that everyone would be happy with and see what other people can bring to this idea first

ojo

ojo Plus

Aehhm,
maybe on one day ? Could be night here, very uncomfortable, and real black :)

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

That's true - i wasn't really thinking of the light - maybe make it ie 2PM on a certain day - you film outside your window where you sit/work - might be more internationaly possible

This idea was sparked off by an idea I had filming out my window today:
vimeo.com/clip:131120

jewilsoncohen

jewilsoncohen

This sounds cool! Let me know if you choose a day!

PEIKA

PEIKA Plus

great idea! let us know..

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

Well, the 25th seem to be a big day for the vimeo community - just thinking of a time ie middle of the day or afternoon - i'm not too sure

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

sounds good to me buck!

2.50pm local time 25th jan - look at the window where you work/play/home and film
even car window i suppose :)

Perez

Perez

great project idea. If I have a camera available, I'll be in.

islebehere

islebehere PRO

sweet! i'm in! i am SO not gonna miss this one like i did the 250 video.

lots going on.. dad turned 60, had to get things together for his party the same week.

beaglebot

beaglebot

I may try to be somewhere other than my office. It looks across an airport street at a rally boring building

ojo

ojo Plus

Beaglebot, I think it%uFFFDs the same with me, also I can only do a cellular video, but I think that makes it charming ?!
And of course I am in

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

Well, that's the point - it doesn't have to be flashy, it doesn't have to be exotic - just real life :)

Once everything is up - i'll download and mix into a montage :)

beaglebot

beaglebot

How long do you want the clip to be?

Andy Galletly

Andy Galletly Plus

hmm nice idea, shame its 2:50... outside my office window isn't too interesting.. perhaps if i find a nice angle...
2mins 50secs perhaps?

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

make the clip say 10 - 15 seconds or whatever you are comfortable with :)

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

well, it's over for Sydney - and an update - even if you are out somewhere, grab your camera or mobile phone and film - even if it isn't out your window :)

vimeo.com/clip:132011

To see all clips from this project over the coming days, click this:
vimeo.com/tag:worldinaminute

ed

ed

It's 9:07 AM here, so I'll be shooting mine in a little over 5 hours; a beautiful view of the parking lot outside my office window. Maybe I'll luck out and there'll be a car wreck on Research Blvd.

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

this is coming along really well so far :D keep it up guys - can't wait to edit/create with what you create :D

ojo

ojo Plus

Yupp - mine is up!
Some delay, but I tried to tune it up in some way, but these cellcams are lousier then a cheap webcam. Finally I uploaded the original 3gp.
Sorry LCF
vimeo.com/clip:132060

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

This is going to be so interesting. I'll take some vid at 2:50 Central Standard Time. And I'll upload it this afternoon.

duplo

duplo

oh! for some reason i kept thinking I had missed this. I can totally do it!

islebehere

islebehere PRO

mine will be taken in a little over an hour from now, but uploaded later.

loonachic

loonachic

i never knew this forum thing was even here!

it's dark outside my window now, so i'll give you this link of my commute to chicago.

vimeo.com/clip:115724

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

These are awesome! I can't wait to start work :D

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

Thank you everyone! I have begun work on making these into a cool montage

digs

digs

nice ideia!!
I'll do it!!!

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

I've just finished editing and it's compressing.
I gave myself 2 hours to edit it all - was really interesting pieceing everything together. It's 4:13AM and my head is about to hit the desk, so it's just converting to H.264 for online delivery now and should be up in about 9 hours (basically when I wake up haha)

Enjoy!
Thank you everyone - it was so much fun!

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

*wipes a tear away* i want to thank my parents, god, jakob, my non existant dog *coughs and splutters* thank you :) *orchestra plays*

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.