The Story Shop

The Story Shop PRO

We have a video that once uploaded has bad discoloration, distortion, noise and interference for the first few secs of the video. The remainder looks okay aside from some weird pops in brightness that are not present in the original file. I have tried several different files and it remains the same no matter the file that I upload. We are using our standard upload process that we use for all videos and have never had this problem.

The odd thing is that we already had the same video/same file on vimeo before and it was fine (we took it down but now need it again). The file isn't corrupted and it looks great before we upload it.

Any ideas?

Here is the link to the video. vimeo.com/54374088

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the trouble. I took a look at your video's meta data and there appears to be something funky that may be causing the issue that you are seeing. What software did you use to edit/compress the video?

The Story Shop

The Story Shop PRO

Thanks for the response! We are on FCP 7 and used the same compression settings we always use in Compressor. As I said, its strange because we actually uploaded the same file a couple of months ago and didn't have this problem. We deleted the file because we didn't think we needed it up there but now we are adding it back. Any suggestions?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.