Ålands Musikinstitut

Ålands Musikinstitut Plus

I imported video from a Canon XA-10 into iMovie, edited it and then used the Share to Vimeo to upload it directly. Today I noticed that the video is showing significant interlace-artifacts. How do I remove them? I still want to use the in-app-share-function!

Mark

Mark Staff

Did you shoot it interlaced? If you did - you have to de-interlace before you upload.

Ålands Musikinstitut

Yes, as 50i (or what the name was...). In iMovie 11, while editing, it looks deinterlaced, that's why I was surprised to see it interlaced on Vimeo. So either I have to by a program that deinterlaces it before it's imported to iMovie OR export as a file from iMovie and manually upload to Vimeo? Because in the current workflow (import from camera to iMovie and using iMovie to upload to Vimeo) I've been unable to find any deinterlacing options!

Ålands Musikinstitut

That's a shame!. But it's of course Apples, not yours, problem, not being able to deinterlace the video when importing or exporting to Vimeo!

Forgot the third option, though, that is from now on using 25p on the camera. Guess it's back to testing tomorrow to figure out the easiest solution...

Thanks for the quick replies!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.