Steve Connolly

Steve Connolly Plus

I recently bought a new Vizio TV and am trying to view VIMEO videos on the TV. Downloaded the Vimeo APP, but can't watch any videos. I just get a 'video loading' error. I searched this forum and there seems to be the same issue, but no update since June and it is not listed in the 'current bug' section of this forum.

I can watch Youtube videos just fine....just not Vimeo videos. Nothing from the 'featured' section or any of my own.

Any help or updates on the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Steve, sorry for the trouble. Can you try disabling the app from both Vimeo's (vimeo.com/settings/apps) and Vizio's side and then try re-connecting? Let me know if that does or does not help.

Steve Connolly

Steve Connolly Plus

I disabled the app from both sides.

When attempting to reinstall the app, after plugging in the key code presented to me on the TV....now only the Yahoo Connected TV app shows up in my settings list, where I believe I had Vizio showing up before....

I'm now getting connection unavailable when I try to play one of my videos.....

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay, thanks for trying. I'm going to look into this.

Steve Connolly

Steve Connolly Plus

Hey Ian. Just checking to see if there are any updates on this ticket?

Thanks.

-Steve

Mark

Mark Staff

Not yet - sorry about that.

Ted Cohn

Ted Cohn

Just bought Vizio 60" LED TV and installed Vimeo app and nothing plays. Same infinite "Loading..." screen.

Steve Connolly

Steve Connolly Plus

Ted, sounds like I have the same TV.....and the same problems. I'm hoping that our issues don't fall between the cracks. One of the reasons I purchased this TV was so that I would be able to view my Vimeo videos on the TV. Mark or Ian can you give us any ideas as to what we can expect in terms of a solution? There seems to be issues between Vizio and the Vimeo app amoung others as well. Are the issues specific to models? Any update would be helpful. Thanks.

-Steve

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Steve, sorry, I unfortunately do not have any updates as these things take a bit longer because we need to work with them to solve the issue instead of just doing it internally.

William Smoldt

William Smoldt Plus

I have the same TV and problem as Ted and Steve. I got the same "Loading..." screen before (and after) connecting the app to the website.

Ted Cohn

Ted Cohn

It sounds like Vimeo doesn't have the budget or engineering management/bandwidth to address these showstoppers. I'm surprised these apps got past internal QA and Vimeo would allow these to be shipped without making sure their apps work solidly. This is major egg on face. I don't really care that much, but I do care about shipping great apps that work. It's a shame because there is so much great content to watch and yet the app is completely broken. I also cannot play vimeo videos on my iPhone or Android phones. I think Vimeo must be on its last legs?

Mark

Mark Staff

The issue, as Ian stated above is that we cannot fix these issues on our own. If we could, they'd be fixed same day. Unfortunately the process with these TV apps is a lot more complicated than just pushing out a fix.

MR RICHARD

MR RICHARD

Same problem here with new Vizio TV.
Vimeo needs to quit promoting these devices as compatible with their platform.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the trouble, Mr. Richard. We're looking into this issue.

Steve Connolly

Steve Connolly Plus

Good luck Mr. Richard. I received the exact same comment over a month ago. Ian/Mark can you please help us better understand the issue? I can appreciate that it might be 'complex', or that you may have to partner with Vizio on the solution, but many of us purchased our TV’s with the understanding that we would have Vimeo access. Do our issues get pushed due to more important priorities? I can watch YouTube videos all day long from my new Vizio TV, but I don't want to. Do the YouTube folks have a better interface than Vimeo? I've been a Vimeo Plus member for the past 3 years, but this doesn't seem to be speeding up my resolution at all. I'm beginning to wonder if we are complaining to the wrong people. I’m trying to be cool. I’m trying to play nice. Asking the same from you...

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Steve, as Mark mentioned above, if the problem was simply on our side, we would work on this on the same day. Unfortunately, it is complicated because we need the folks at Vizio to work on it and work with us. Consequently, despite our efforts, we haven't seen any results. I apologize for the frustration. It's frustrating for us as well.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.