Dāmé Dāss

Dāmé Dāss

I have tried to upload from iMovie '09 for a project. I am getting the "Opps" message concerning my video to be too small at first than too large after your compression instructions.

I am also concerned that the images (which are the most important of the project) will not load up. They did not on youtube so I am looking for a solution here with Vimeo. Can you help me upload the video as it appears on my iMovie file?

Thank you.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, at first you're seeing the 'too small' message because you were probably trying to upload the project file and not the exported video file. You're probably seeing the 'too large' message because the video is over 500mb. You must have a Plus account to upload more than 500mb.

Link: vimeo.com/plus

Seth Holladay

Seth Holladay

I'm having the same issue. It's definitely the video I'm trying to upload, 182 KB, but it still says it's too small to upload. Is there a way around this limit?

Seth Holladay

Seth Holladay

I've double checked and it looks like a video file. I exported it with Quicktime Pro as a self-contained video, same as I've done with all my other videos. It has the .mov extension and plays great. It's 640x480 and only 6 seconds long. The image varies very little through the 6 seconds and it has an H.264 compression, so 180 KB might not be unreasonable.

I've tried to make it bigger, while keeping it h.264, but can only get it up to 197 KB.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm not sure what to tell you in that case, the file needs to be larger.

Seth Holladay

Seth Holladay

Ok, I just went ahead and uploaded the uncompressed version.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.