Eric Heyblom

Eric Heyblom

At one time I had deleted an old account. About two weeks ago started a new account. I uploaded one video to see how it looked etc, and tried to search for it using the title, tags etc etc, but it does not appear at all?
When I type my name in the search it brings up a couple of old videos from my first account?
Not too sure what is going on because my new account is all set up right, and yet nothing comes up on the searches?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Eric. Can you link me to the video that you are searching for so that I can try to replicate this?

Robert Wojciechowski

Robert Wojciechowski Plus

I am also not getting any videos uploaded in the last few days showing up by title, for example. I thought the search problems were resolved on Friday?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Robert, they should have been. However, when searching for "Wojo Wedding Trailer " I also did not see any results. I'm going to look into this.

Robert Wojciechowski

Thanks. Yes, things like "wojo wedding" should pop up three videos (trailer, highlights, feature). Thanks and hopefully this can be solved soon. It's impossible to find the videos on a Roku otherwise, for example. That means my parents can't see my wedding videos from afar!

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Yes, I'm sorry, Robert! We're still trying to figure out some last kinks with the search issues. Thank you for your patience!

Robert Wojciechowski

Seems to be okay now. Haven't tested with a new video but those existing ones are at least indexed now.

Eric Heyblom

Eric Heyblom

Hi Ian! Thanks for replying, much appreciated!
I did get a response from Vimeo. Here is a copy of their answer to me:

JAN 21, 2013 | 06:42PM UTC
Hi Eric,
Thank you for alerting us. This is a known issue with Search and we are actively working to resolve it.
Thanks for using Vimeo!
Sincerely,
Katie A
Manager, Content + Community

Eric Heyblom

Eric Heyblom

I haven't been back to Vimeo for a while, so not too familiar with getting around.
This is the address that this video is under when I click on it.
vimeo.com/57771908

Anyways no matter how I search it...using the title 'The Mansion' etc my video does not show up at all.
I remember from when I first had an account with Vimeo, I always wanted to test the searches relating to my videos to make sure the tags and title were clear enough. And it always worked.
I guess perhaps, Vimeo is working on their search engine?

M.A

M.A

I have the same problem. Search for any any of my videos use title, tags and wot not but non of my videos appear in the search results. Im having the same problem on youtube, have you try'ed else were?

ilia djondric

ilia djondric Plus

Search engine has not worked properly for weeks now. Search results are wrong and if you select date it gives you wrong results. Why is this taking so long to fix?? Honestly I don't get why Vimeo has so many bugs, we, Plus and Pro members deserve better. Youtube is totally free without any of these problems.

Arvid Kracht

Arvid Kracht Plus

Its irritating. Why did they mess with the search engine? It was working super fine. Bad.

Mark

Mark Staff

It broke, we didn't mess with anything. We're trying to fix it!

waveform:blue

waveform:blue

While you're fixing this, please work on the annoying "special characters" bug in your search engine. The dash "-" is NOT a special character! It's uncool to make us misspell tags for searches to work right. Look up "Ensoniq SQ-80" on YouTube, then try it here. See what I mean?

Vimeo has a lot of European users, so adding support for tildes, umlauts, and the like would also be a good idea. Hey...YouTube can do it !

SALONGALAXY.com

SALONGALAXY.com Plus

Why are the Thumbnails now Blurry when added to other site? Did not use to act this way ! how can we fix this

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Can you link me to your site so that I can take a look?

SALONGALAXY.com

SALONGALAXY.com Plus

Ian
You can view the Videos on the Home Page (scrol down on left "On The Scene) and or sign up and log in.. to have a look

Link: salongalay.com

Mark

Mark Staff

Those thumbnails look perfect to me. cl.ly/MRVk It's not going to get any better looking than that, sorry.

pyramus

pyramus

I'm having a similar problem. my video title is: "Dance is... (cinedans 2013 entry)".

However, when I search for "cinedans 2013" (1 result) or simply "cinedans" (68 results) it doesn't show up. I think the number of other results show this probably isn't due to overabundance of videos with these search terms. I also used proper tags.

Link: vimeo.com/57725822

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Sorry about that. I'm going to work on this.

pyramus

pyramus

i don't know how but it seems you've fixed this. thanks a lot

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Search functionality should return to normal very shortly. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime!

pyramus

pyramus

I have another question: could this be the reason why my video doesn't show up in any of the categories? I provided proper description and tags, so I though it finally ought to be in (at least) Art/Dance (most recent video are 8 months old!) or Experimental category (most recent 7 months old)

Is there a way to check/fix this? Or should I make a separate topic?

Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/57725822

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi again, to my knowledge, this is not affecting Categories. I looked into the categories you mentioned, and I saw videos from around 40 minutes ago. Are you still seeing an issue with the Categories listing? If so, it would be great if you could send over a screen shot, so I can pass it along to our developers. Thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

Videos are added to categories by automatic algorithms. We cannot control what does and doesn't get added, sorry.

pyramus

pyramus

Dear Mark, please look at the screenshots of the issue I explained earlier. The categories only contain old videos.

Mark

Mark Staff

The category search is no longer updated.

Mark

Mark Staff

It was last updated 8 months ago. We no longer update it.

pyramus

pyramus

Sorry, but what do you mean? Is the category Dance not updated anymore? Or the algorithms? Hope you can elaborate.
I guess I really don't understand what's going on exactly but I would love to find a way to get my videos included in a category for once...

Mark

Mark Staff

No categories are updated anymore. We don't update them. That feature is no longer used.

pyramus

pyramus

Wait.... so what Zena told/asked me before was a mistake? She told me she saw videos from 2 days ago in the Categories (see above)

Mark

Mark Staff

Wait - something weird is happening. We're looking into this right now.

pyramus

pyramus

Okay, thanks. Hear from you soon.
Please note that I had to put my video on private a few hours ago. If you need access I can tell you the password in a PM.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay thanks. We can actually access the video without a password so simply posting it in the forum would do the trick.

pyramus

pyramus

hi ian, its the url from my initial question. this was just a fyi.

pyramus

pyramus

hi mark / ian, any update on this yet?

Free Life

Free Life Plus

Search Engine in Vimeo is not accurate and produce too many unrelevant results. I search CX760v to see videos of the Sony Camcorder. I received 502k finds and most of it does not relate to the camcorder. Youtube search engine is very accurate. Your search engine previously, a month ago, worked ok. Now there is problems.

Tory

Tory

Hi, I appear to have the same problem. I posted my video yesterday and can't find it in a search. :(

Link: vimeo.com/58682493

ReDo

ReDo Plus

Same with me (link: vimeo.com/58720475)... and the search results aren't updated either. E.g. last video for Norway or for Sony Alpha 99 1 day ago... impossible. And my activities aren't updated either. :-(
Thanks for your help.

ReDo

ReDo Plus

Activities are back... the rest is still the same... :-(
Have a nice weekend nevertheless ;)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi everyone, we'll be checking up on search results when we're back in the office Monday morning, sorry for the inconvenience!

Aaron Dunleavy

Aaron Dunleavy

Any news on this issue? My recently uploaded short is also not appearing in search results even if I search specific tags and my username. All of my other videos search fine except for this one.

Link: vimeo.com/58631714

Mark

Mark Staff

Our developers are on the case.

DIYFO

DIYFO Plus

I'm experiencing the same. Uploaded my video a few days ago, tagged correctly, etc. Still nothing. Your peeps are on it, but just adding a name to the pile. Thanks, guys! :)

Link: vimeo.com/diyfo/motivate

Marcel Pasternak

Marcel Pasternak

hey vimeo, i cannot find my video by using the search engine.
i even cannot find my account when searching for my name.
vimeo is useless for me when people cannot find my videos.
please fix this.

Link: vimeo.com/58740841

Przemek Czaicki

Przemek Czaicki

My video stopped being recognised as a video in Google at some point last week. Therefore it does not appear as video results in either Google Search or Google Video. Could you check what is the issue?

Link: vimeo.com/50450375

jwrichtetravel

jwrichtetravel

None of my video's are showing up in the search function either. Why does Vimeo have so much trouble with the search function. It makes it really hard to justify paying a monthly rate....

Link: vimeo.com/58789201

David Chizallet

David Chizallet

Hi everyone, from Paris to you, I have the SAME problem, i feel more comfortable now... my video does not show up when I search for it as a visitor, despite the right keywords and everything.

Lien: vimeo.com/58900258

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.