BIWorldwide

BIWorldwide PRO

Hello,
I couldn't find my earlier Help string so I had to start a new one. Ian was helping me with this, but this particular video above is playing jerky for multiple people who have played tried to play it on IE and Safari; have yet to check it on Firefox or Chrome. The other url is the site it's embedded on. The video was compressed using Compressor and the Vimeo recommeded settings downloaded from your site. Please help.

Thanks much,
Admin

Links: vimeo.com/57109877, ecobonus.com/testimonials/mychelle/

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, your compression settings look good and your video played back smoothly for me. Can you have those who are having trouble post in the forum?

BIWorldwide

BIWorldwide PRO

Hi Ian,
Thanks for getting back. I'm asking around at the moment to see if we can duplicate the problem on other computers and browsers. Thanks for your help.

Admin

Villages Publishing

Villages Publishing PRO

Morning,

I'm having a similar problem with all our recently uploaded videos They've been exported to spec, however you'll see an unpleasant jerkiness in the pans (more obviously in faster ones). This isn't visible on the source and is visible on a number of browsers on a number of machines - suggesting it's a Vimeo encoding/playback thing rather than, say, a buffering issue. Your thoughts please. Thanks, Colin.

vimeo.com/59379416
vimeo.com/59143954
vimeo.com/59127819
vimeo.com/59118551
vimeo.com/59037464

Mark

Mark Staff

These seem to be playing back fine for me. Have you tried turning HD off?

Villages Publishing

Villages Publishing PRO

Hi Mark,

I have, and it doesn't make a substantial difference. It's interesting that you're not seeing any problems...

Villages Publishing

Villages Publishing PRO

I have, it plays marginally better on HTML5 though not enough to say it's OK. There's clear juddering through out the playback

Mark

Mark Staff

Unfortunately, that's just the nature of online video. It's especially evident in panning or tilting shots.

Motion Simulated Tours

Motion Simulated Tours PRO

I am having the same issues especially within 24 hours after upload. I know that it isn't machine specific because I am receiving complains universally from my clients. Any idea what is going on behind the scenes that could cause this? I have checked with 4 of the people that made complaints and all are on a cable connection with more than adequate speeds. Looks like it is on Vimeos end. Thoughts???

Link: 1314nwirvingunbranded.motionsimulatedtours.com/

Andrej Otepka

Andrej Otepka

HI guys. Last two days Ive been trying to properly upload video. Process was successful but all I get is really annoying jerky playback, while in windows it plays smoothly. It seems it is happening on several computers. I followed your export recommendations, format is H.264, MP4, progressive, and 29,97fps. Size is about 75mb but also smaller sizes contains glitches.
Once I download it from vimeo it plays properly in win again... Could you please give me a help here...
ps.: same result on Youtube

Link: vimeo.com/60684809

Mark

Mark Staff

It's paying back fine for me on my mac. Some of this should help, maybe vimeo.com/help/faq/video#stuttering - In regards to step #5, please note that reporting this will not immediately effect playback. This can take many months, please report slow playback via those instructions every time you experience it.

Andrej Otepka

Andrej Otepka

Ok done... I've tried all steps nothing works, If I may ask what will happen after I report that. Are here on Vimeo any possible fps restrictions or anything that could cause a problem during video conversion (here)? Or it is just connection speed issue. On the other side Iam glad your playback is okey, hope there are more like that...

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Andrej, while compression settings can lead to bad playback, because it is playing fine for both Mark and me, I believe that this is more of a connection issue. This is something that we at Vimeo are constantly working on improving.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.