Yesterday, we had the coolest time at Forskningsavdelningen. A Stockholm hacker arrived, and sat down IRCing. She said "I want to do something with this disco-ball I found here. When the Net connection is up, it should light up and be disco. When the Net goes down, it should be non-party, i.e. power down."
* strip one end of a parallel cable, and find a "data cable"
* make a C program that says "bits ON" on all the cables in the parallel port
* add a relay that turns stuff on/off
* add a hacked PSU from a computer that transforms power to the disco-ball
* add an "inet_up_or_down.py"
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?