Canon T2i (550D) / Forum

Which Microphone?

Gillian Perry

Gillian Perry

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their experience or tips on what microphone to buy to add to the 550D?

Cheers :)

Amila C. Kumarasinghe

Amila C. Kumarasinghe

Gillian, Rode mike is perfect for day today use and record nat sounds etc. if you have couple of bucks, get a Zoom H4N. it has a facility to put 2 XLR inputs. then you can produce pro Quality sounds from it. the another way is use clipon mike with FM transmitter . .

Choose one from what is your needs and wants.
Cheers . .

Sten Rosendahl

Sten Rosendahl

I have the Rode Videomic (3.5mm plug) and it works well. I also got the Zoom H1, perfekt on top of the camera if you need stereo sound. The H1 records too, but if you want to use it as a pure recorder together with the Rode, you need a clamp on your tripod (or just put it in your pocket if you are shooting handheld).

Gilarse

Gilarse

Wah. I got a Rode Stereo Videomic for the 550D and it's SUPER noisy....

I have been reading about magic lantern and being able to adjust the agc.....

Does anyone have any advice with this??

Richard Chisum

Richard Chisum Plus

After several months of using it, I can't imagine shooting without Magic Lantern. In addition to disabling the automatic gain control, it gives you audio meters, volume adjustment, and literally over a hundred other features that give you more control over every aspect of exposure, focus, and even a built in intervalometer for timelapse. There's a great group here on Vimeo.

michel robert

michel robert

got a senheiser made in metal and not plastic whith a shot gun setting.Perfect sound .it comes whith an adaptor so a made a perch easily
sorry for my english iM frenc quebecer

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups