Canon T2i (550D) / Forum

How many of you use vintage lenses?

Nick Torres

Nick Torres

Just wondering how many of you out there are using vintage glass on your T2i's. How do you like it. How does it affect your photography and video work and is it beneficial? I've got a bunch of vintage nikon mount glass I wana start using and I've got two glassless converters.

MK

MK Plus

I have a 50mm Nikon vintage lens attached with a glassless converter and the results are outstanding! I have been using it for both video and photography and the results are both great. I could have spent the same money on a cheap entry level Canon 50mm but its very light and build quality feels cheap, it does have AF however which makes things easier. But the NIKON has a real nice heavy weight to it, and nice long focus ring on it too! The fact you have to manually adjust aperture and focusing brings things back to basics too which is a nice bonus!

MK

MK Plus

* In terms of results you get, the images are warmer and somewhat more crisp. Film like. You get real nice lens flare with some of them too!

Richard Chisum

Richard Chisum Plus

Vintage lenses are great, and adapters are cheap. One of my favorites is a Helios 44m, a Russian lens that is 58mm, 2.0. Won it on ebay for $28!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups