CANON EOS 60D

best lenses strictly just for video?

TUTI

TUTI

what r the best lenses for video, prime? some that r reasonably priced. iv'e heard a lot of old vintage lenses work perfectly

Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews

can't go wrong with the canon EF 50 1.8... cheap and good looking

Rob Harris

Rob Harris Plus

I concur. Also the 18-135 kit lens has been pretty good as well.

Shane Harrison

Shane Harrison

11-16 Tokina is great for landscapes is super wide

Shane Harrison

Shane Harrison

also sigma 30mm f1.4 is a good "50mm look" for crop sensor and has low fstop for lowlight

Russ Sakauye

Russ Sakauye Plus

I've been using the Canon EF 50 f1.4 USM and EF 35 f2.0 AF with good results on my 60D. But I'd suggest a 28mm lens for wider shots, especially with the 1.6x crop factor.

Russ Sakauye

Russ Sakauye Plus

I buy EF lenses because I plan on eventually upgrading to a full-frame body when/if the 5d MKIII comes out.

Matt Burton

Matt Burton

17 - 50 2.8 VIC tamaron is the best value lens i've ever seen !

FullCut

FullCut Plus

24-70 2.8 and 50 mm 1.8 god damm all terrain lens ;)

Balvinder Sidhu

Balvinder Sidhu

Ive only used tamron 17-50 f2.8 for most of d shoots, n my canon 50mm f1.8 for interview shots coz of the excellent DOF.. I will recommend a 10-16mm lens for fisheye effect, n also lensbaby for tilt n shift effect

Earl Studios

Earl Studios Plus

just got a 60d but I am mainly a nikon studio, so i've been using some of the old nikon glass on the 60d with the photodiox adapter, the 20 f2.8 is great on it. Just got the 50 f1.8 but haven't used it for video yet.

definatly check out the samyang 35 1.4, i hear its a great lens for video

DJ Bless

DJ Bless

Old Nikon lenses all day!

Hugo

Hugo

As the resolution of video is a lot lower than photography a priori an expensive lens is not a must. However, as focussing is one of the most difficult issues in shooting video with a DSLR a prime lens has a lot of advantages due to the good focusing (for example the Zeiss prime lenses)

Erik O'Neill

Erik O'Neill Plus

Samyang anything. Seriously! the 85mm 1.4 is under $300 and it's a complete show stopper!

On the 60d a 17 or 18, 30, 85 and zoom is a solid kit.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups