The Story Beyond The Still

Beyond the Still 2

Nick Miller

Nick Miller

I know we are just over halfway through this video contest... and everyone has done a great job with their submissions and invested a great amount of time (which I believe paid off nicely) and in return we've had a chance to see some beautiful entries ... and frankly just be flat out entertained for the past 4 months.

I understand that the judges have put in a great amount of time too and hats off to Vincent Canon and Vimeo and the other judges for putting on this competition.

I've been job searching for the past 4 months and as some of you may know.. it's not the most gratifying at times, and really this video contest has kept me sane through this whole process.

After all that being said... I'd love to see Beyond the Still return with another contest after August... I'd love to see this become on ongoing film festival similar to 48 film project. I understand that it takes a lot of work... but look what it has done for Canon/Vimeo/ and DSLRs! I'm even going to buy a 7D next week hah!

Good luck to everyone.... I look forward to seeing some more fantastic entries.

Thanks

Nick Miller

Todd Gillissie

Todd Gillissie

I'd also like to see more contests similar to this. It would be nice if it was a slightly different format each time though. When I first saw this contest, I thought "story behind the still" meant we needed to make a movie that LED UP to the still, which I think would be more interesting. It couldn't be a continuing series like this one, but that would be another thing that makes it different.

Andy Newman

Andy Newman Plus

This is truly one of the best things I've ever been involved in and is really pushing me to become better at what I do.

Hopefully they incorporate this contest into the Vimeo Awards this fall. Would love to see all chapters played in order and have the directors there to talk about it. :)

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

This is great feedback. If we get a lot of interest hopefully Canon will want to sponsor something similar again!

Jeff Turick

Jeff Turick Plus

I might not be able to resist doing another one as well!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups