The Story Beyond The Still

Would you please as a courtesy acknolege the errors

John Estes

John Estes

Your uploader is what caused me to be unable to be included in the process. And I would at least appreciate acknolwegement of your errors. I realize you did not intend it, but you should correct it. Could I have left 3 hours to upload it, yes, but in my opinion I shouldn't have to.

I would appreciate it if someone would at least acknowledge the errors of
1. No system requirements for upload that state 64 bit xp problems on upload page.
2. No working green status bar on the basic uploader.

Try it--try uploading on a xp 64 bit system please. See if you can tell what the is going on without help.

Please acknowlege and fix those errors so that someone else doesn't have to deal with the same problem and feel the same frustration.

Thanks,

John

Sweeping Epic productions

Sweeping Epic productions

I don't mean to sound crass, and am not affiliated with Vimeo staff, but Windows XP is a 10 year old operating system that is barely adequate now. Additionally, XP 64-bit was and still is one of the most problem ridden OS' ever, and was never supported well. I think it difficult to blame a remote host for network issues 99% of other users didn't experience (a few posted that they had trouble but almost all got resolved), especially when the machine you were uploading from is running Windows XP 64-bit.

I can see why you're upset; 'Sentenced to Life' was a really good and very interesting film.

John Estes

John Estes

I appreciate the comments Sweeping Epic. Really I do. To some degree it makes me feel better to hear something from somebody. I don't expect agreement. You are right, it is the redheaded step child of OS. The problem was less the 64 bit part then the upload bar that didn't move. I restarted and restarted because I got no feedback in any way to telling me it was uploaded. I would wait a half and hour, then restart etc...I believe my final entry was in about 2 minutes late.

I don't think I would win, I see some great stuff.

My point is, the ONLY change they made in the submission process is the ones that made my submission late. I realize at this point it would be hard for them to make an exception. I just want some Vimeo staff to say, John we corrected the 64 bit problem and the upload status bar. Sorry about that.

Again, thank for the comments. Glad you like the film. I hope to check out your submission if you have one.

Best of luck,

John

Tony Leech

Tony Leech Plus

John, I'm really sorry to hear that. :( Just watched your entry — vimeo.com/14443070 — wasn't able to comment on the page, as it's only open to your contacts to comment. I enjoyed the mysterious tone, the time-travel concept and the enigmatic phrases the Cabbie is trying to decipher (and a very cool visual moment when the gumballs bouncing down the driveway are reversed). An engaging puzzle. Nice work.

Maladaahn

Maladaahn

Sorry you didn't make it in John, especially due to upload issues. I know how frustrating it is, especially after all the effort you put into making the film. I'll take a look at your work and comment there.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups