Now let's switch scales by shrinking the minivan-sized Sun down to a 2-inch diameter:
* Earth Size - A grain of salt, with a dust-speck Moon 1/2 inch away from it
* Sun-Earth Distance - 20 feet (5.5 m) - or 10 paces away
* Pluto's Orbit - 2.5 soccer fields away from the 2-inch Sun
* Nearest Star to Sun - 900 miles away (1500 km)
* Light Travel Time - It takes 8 minutes for a beam of light to travel from the Sun to the Earth.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?