EOS550D/T2i

550D - What SDHC cards you using?

bradbell.tv

bradbell.tv Plus

I've wasted time and money getting the wrong SDHC cards for the camera.

I'm currently using a 16GB SanDisk Ultra II.
It says it's 15MB/s.
And Class 4.
I didn't realize I needed Class 6.

The Class 4 card was formatted with the camera, but it didn't record video at all. Then I did a Low Level Format. Now it works fine.

I'm guessing if you have any trouble with cards, do a Low Level Format. I use it every time I erase the card. (I'm still using the Class 4 card for the moment.)

Pat

Pat

Hi, I'm using a Transcend 16 GB Class 10 and it works very well.

To Felix O. : I can record 25 minutes (more or less) in 720p in 16GB, so I think that you can record about 10 - 12 minutes in 1080p

Force User

Force User

Hi, Im using a Transcend 8GB class6 (good price) at the moment, I used the same card in my Canon hf100 camcorder.
I'll by a 16GB or even a 32GB, because of the very high Videobitrate (45mbps) you need about 20GB for one hour ^^

Felix O.

Felix O.

Does anyone knows how much time in 1080p at 30fps a 16GB card will record..?

Pat

Pat

Yes, it will

Force User

Force User

sure, I have this Card in use :D
(the 16GB version, not the 8GB I thought it is :P )

Tim Sundal

Tim Sundal

And it works well? No probs, with connecting to pc/mac?

Eddie the Eagle

Eddie the Eagle

My class 6 Verbatim 8GB did not keep up for more than 12 seconds before cutting off recording. Formatting didn't help. Seems like others are also having problems with certain class sixes.
Went on to get a class 10 Transcend and now everything works fine.

Force User

Force User

@TIM
Yes I can record 1080p, no Problem.
Till now I take the Card out and copy the files with a card reader to my PC.
Havent tried the USB Output of the Camera yet...
(I'll get my first iMac this or next week :D )

Gray

Gray

What's the difference between the 40.00 Transcend 16gb
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/674194-REG/Transcend_TS16GSDHC6_16GB_Class_6_SDHC.html
And the Sandisk Extreme III 16 gb for 170.00?
bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk+-+Extreme+III+16GB+Secure+Digital+High+Capacity+Memory+Card/9141877.p?id=1218033630151&skuId=9141877&st=sdhc&cp=1&lp=7
Been hearing of lost footage on the Transcend. Is one more "stable" than the other? And why the huge price gap? Also, is the extreme III that must faster? Sorry for all the questions.

Mike Naulls

Mike Naulls

I'm using AData Class 10 16GB cards. Each cost me $40 Canadian. Sure I've never heard of AData but the cards keep up without a problem.

Richard van Heel

Richard van Heel

I'm using AData 16GB Class 6, bought on eBay for € 33, and a SanDisk Ultra II 4GB, which is class 4 and 15MB/s. No problems, the cards keep up.

Tim Sundal

Tim Sundal

I use now a SanDisk III class 6 8GB, and it works fine.

Ron Ravensborg

Ron Ravensborg Plus

Had lots of trouble early on with the 'microcenter' branded SDHC Class 6 card -- though never any trouble when i used this card for AVCHD recording on my hmc150 -- with movie being terminated. NOT good when you're trying to do 'doc-style' work.

HOWEVER, i only encountered this problem at 1080 or 720, but not at SD speeds. Looking at the manual, it says that the average file size of a 1080 file runs about 330 MB/min, or 5.5 MB/sec. Whereas the SD video option creates an average file rate again, according to the manual -- of 2.75 MB/sec.

According to SDHC.org, The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":

Class 4: 32 MBits/s (4 MByte/s)
Class 6: 48 MBits/s (6 MByte/s)

It would seem that the speeds for a Class 6 card run awfully close to the max for the card and the camera, thus a possible bottleneck for data, causing the camera to stop recording.

I did a LOW-LEVEL format with the card a couple of times, then it worked much better. However, i did some checking into the speeds of the cards, and they list only the highest possible read speeds, not average write speeds.

Feeling particularly surly, I found the ADATA (???) SDHC Class 10 Card (8 gb) for $24US at microcenter.com

I haven't opened it yet, but from what i've read, it seems that the actual average write speeds for the Class 10 card should be sufficient for the full 1080p video recording w/o suffering a buffer overrun.

Anyone else with some cogent observations? thx.

Shane one

Shane one

good response ron, I studied sd read/write speeds with as many benchmarks as i could find before i even bought my camera. I bought a cheap 32gig on ebay that said it was class 6, I knew better but for 32$ i figured i would take the chance and find out for myself. After finally recieving it, i tested it and it only writes at 3mbps haha, horrible! My canon t2i records video for about 2 seconds then stops. Dont waste your money anyone incase you were curious. I then wondered about the a-datas and other off brandish cards. I was almost sold on the transcend which seemed to perform really well in benchmark tests, but ultimately i got the sandisk ultra ii. I decided on this one mostly for the reliability. If I decide to do some pro-sumer level work and want to use this to make money or even collect priceless memories, it wasnt worth it to me to save 3-5 dollars on a cheaper card. The san disk is a class 4 but seems to perform as a class 6 and is consistent.

I was also curious about the microcenter branded 32gb marked as a class 6. I will more than likely purchase this also in the next month or so to test out. Along with maybe some a-datas if the price is right. You can never have too much memory, but its always nice to hear what people are using in the t2i/550d and how it performs. I will let you all know if the sandisk performs as well as the original poster got.

Julo

Julo Plus

hey! finally I found a discussion about this topic.

What is the word on the Transcend SDHC 16GB, Class 10 (TS16GSDHC10)?
With a price at about 40eur it is pretty interesting, considering a SanDisk Extreme III Class 10 with 8gb costs 50eur lol!

Lory Coulson

Lory Coulson Plus

That's the one I've got and I've had no problems with it at all. I can't compare it to any others I'm afraid, as when I needed another one (due to needing more space, as the video eat the card V quickly) I just got the same again

Shane one

Shane one

ok so i got my sandisk class 4 and did some bench mark tests. It does a min write of around 6mbps but usually 11. So it should be more than enough for video, I did a 10 second video with it today before even doing a full format or low level format, just straight out of the package. It didnt ever start to show the camera buffer like the cheap 32 gig i got from ebay. I will do further testing and let you all know, but so far so good.

kyo morishima photography

kyo morishima photography

Does anyone use a SanDisk 8 GB Ultra II SD? I have a SanDisk 4 GB Ultra II SD, and takes 10min 1080 hd. Costco sells for $40 for 2 of those 8gb. It's class 4.

JAM ONE

JAM ONE

I'm using a SanDisk 4gig class 4 card, recorded the full 12 minutes no problems 1080 24 fps and 60 fps

Joakim Bak

Joakim Bak

I got a Sandisk Extreme 32 GB - i CAN'T complain

Eddie Chai

Eddie Chai Plus

I have the same. It's a class 4, but haven't had any problems at all

Elías Poveda

Elías Poveda

I have 2 Trascend 16GB class 6. They work really well.

ZT.RM

ZT.RM

I have 3 Transcend 16GB Class 6. Works really well for photography (I use RAW + JPEG setting) and no issue for 1080p video.

Julo

Julo Plus

damn I paid 120eur for two 8GB Panasonic Class 10 cards... NAAARGH...

will buy an additional 16GB Transcend and then its done :)

Viktor Aleksander

Viktor Aleksander

I Bought a 32GB Patriot SDHC Class 10 card for my 550D. 2 days later it stopped working. The message "Err 02. Card Cannit be accessed. Reinsert/Change card or dormat card with camera" came up. I cannot format the card with the camera or the computer.. do you know why this is? I do not recomend this card!

Spike Morris

Spike Morris Plus

Just a quick note - I'm using 2 Transcend 16gb Class 6 cards as per the advice on this thread, but ran into some trouble after shooting about 1min of 1080p footage on my 550D.

After 2 or 3 'Low Level' formats of the cards, they work like a dream and are the best value / professional quality ratio cards I use. Just don't forget to low level format if you have problems.

Gatis Šļūka

Gatis Šļūka

I also bought Kingston 32gb Class 6 and have big problems. With pictures work well, but it can't shoot movies in better resolution than 640x480... It stops after 5 seconds...

Steven Burgess

Steven Burgess Plus

Also have the Kingston 32gb class 6 and it works fine in full HD. You must have a faulty card. Id return it and get another one if i was you.

Marthin Fort

Marthin Fort Plus

im a new user of T2i, bought it yesterday, with the 8Gb class 4 Toshiba.

Will Howe

Will Howe

I went with a SanDisk Extreme SDHC Card, 4Gb and Class 10 ... it quote's as being up to 30 MB/s and was £29.99 in store - no problems recording 1080p thus far!

pavel tkatchouk

pavel tkatchouk

Bought two Verbatim 32GB class 6, $99.99CAD ea at staples.ca. One seemed to work fine, but will test for a few more days to be certain. The other started to "err 02" right away. Sometimes it records ~3', sometimes 1'. Exchanged it for a new of the same model. Same problem. Found out in this thread about low level formatting, will format than re-try and let you know.

pavel tkatchouk

pavel tkatchouk

After low level format 2nd Verbatim card is a bit better, but still unreliable - stops recording sometimes at 7', sometimes at 3. Returned it to the store. Re-tested 1st sdhc, three recordings by 12' in a row w/o hiccups. There was thermometer icon flashing during 3rd recording but it let me finish anyway. Thsese two cards are identical models, the only difference is packaging and purchase time.

Also tested Panasonic 4GB class 6 (RP-SDV04G, BP8GB145000) that came with camera, so far so good.

Update 05.21.2010:
Bought three Adata 16GB Class 6 at canadacomputers.com for $34.99. Two are fine, 3rd one can record only less than 5'. Sent it back for exchange.

From what I see it seems there's no ideal cards, even some SanDisk fails. What worked for me was "buy card with good reported statistics, test, exchange/return those that failed test".

Lazare

Lazare

Sandisk 16GB Extreme Class 10. Better safe than sorry.

lee w

lee w

I've also been frustrated. Here's the cards I've had, tried and the problems I've encountered.

Pendrive 8GB class 4 SDHC card (came free with the camera)
- can't take video (I would only shoot 1920x1080), stops automatically after 2 to 3 mins, refuses to continue. I could not even take pictures after that though card was far form full.
- seems ok after low level formatting but I wouldn't depend on it for video recording.

Patriot 8GB class 10 SDHC card
- inserted it straight after purchase into the camera, within 2 min I got the "error 02" message
- low level formatted it, recorded video again but it would stop every 3 to 4 minutes. I would get the "movie recording has stopped automatically" message.
- upon transferring, some video clips are corrupted! I can't open them on my computer.

Sandisk Extreme Class 10 SDHC card
- low-level formatted it in camera first, recorded videos till card full no problem

Sandisk Extreme III Class 6 SDHC card
- formatted it in camera, started recording video and got the thermometer sign and "movie stopped recording automatically" message within 12 secs. Tried to format and record again, same thing.

General problem I get with all cards - I cannot transfer them using card reader on my iMac. I used to be able to when they only contained stills but I simply can't transfer video. I can only transfer them if I connect the camera to computer and use the Canon EOS utility software.

So far, after these expensive trial and errors, I am finding that the Sandisk Extreme Class 10 works best for me but it's so expensive!

My main issues:
- why so difficult to find the right SDHC card? So-called class 6 and 10 cards don't work well!
- why can't my card reader that I bought especially for SDHC card read and transfer video off these cards??
- no AC adaptor available yet, so I can only transfer with camera powered as long as battery lasts

Pawel Wojtowicz

Pawel Wojtowicz

i think those sandisk video HD cards were discussed on newegg as being class 4 speed. Hence it would explain the cheap price

Petri Rautiainen

Petri Rautiainen

I use Transcend 16GB Class 6. But also my Kingston 4GB Class 4 works fine as well.

Jani Lehtola

Jani Lehtola Plus

I have Transcend Class 10 8Gb and Verbatim Class 6 8Gb, 16Gb and 32 Gb cards and all have worked fine.

Jaythan Vasquez

Jaythan Vasquez

The way I understand it is that the Class refers to the lowest read/write speed. Since it's a Class 4 card, the 15mbps advertise is the maximum read/write speed. The T2i writes at a speed of 5.5mbps. So even though it says 15mbps, you won't be getting that speed the entire time. I don't think it's worth the risk.

Joseph

Joseph

Panasonic 12 gig Class 4. So far no problems. I also tried out my Sandisk Mirco SDHC 8 from my cell phone with the adapter. That had buffer warnings all the time.

JON ZOMBIE

JON ZOMBIE Plus

I have owned my T2i for almost a month now and I after lots of headaches concerning this sd card issue, I am happy to announce that the Transcend Class 6 works very well. I have had no problems since I got it.

save yourself the headache. If you cant afford the super expensive SanDisk Extremes...just get these: bhphotovideo.com/c/product/686281-REG/Transcend_TS32GSDHC6_32GB_Class_6_SDHC.html

it works perfectly, and the price is waaaay more reasonable.

Matt Zeher

Matt Zeher

I've been using two Patriot 8gb Class 6 cards. They work fine....I run into the occasional buffering issue/recording stop, but it isn't persistent. In every single case the card will continue recording fine the next time I press the record button. (gotta love the virtually zero startup lag when compared to the old tape formats)

Zibri

Zibri

I think some of you have a math problem:

On the 550D manual I read:

1920x1080 330 MB/min.

Those are Mega BYTES / minute

That translates to 45 Mega BITS per second.

According to wikipedia:

Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

But there's a catch:
since video is compressed, you will reach 45 Mb/s only when shooting at non compressable stuff like water, fire, a football game etc etc

That's why many people have success with Class 4 cards.
But as they shoot at something really fast moving or blurred, they wil have a lockup.

I strongly suggest, as the manual says, CLASS 6 or higher.

SanDisk Secure Digital video HD (SDHC) seems to be the cheapest class 6.

Did anyone have problems with that?

To make a serious test, set the camera in full 1920x1080 @ 30 fps and shoot while moving around yourself... that will be a reliabale test.
If you shoot a still subject I think even a class 4 will always work ;)

Thanks for reading,
Zibri

zibri.org

Please read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital for a comprehensive explaination.

Kyle Thiemke

Kyle Thiemke

I had a class 4 Kingston 32GB before I got my T2i so I tried what you said right away. I recorded strobes, fire, water and just about everything fast moving I could 1920x1080 @ 30 fps. It never locked up or gave me any problems at all. If purchasing a new card, yes don't take the risk get a class 6 but if you have a class 4 test it first before buying a class 6.

Tomnomnom

Tomnomnom

I use sandisk 8 gig class 6.

But i'm gonna switch to transcent class 6 because their cards cost almost halve and do the job.

Jordan Crowder

Jordan Crowder

Patriot 16GB, Class 6... Bought at Fry's for $39.99. Been using it for 2 months, not a problem yet.

Matt Thomas

Matt Thomas

I'm using two Integral 16Gb Class 6 there work well with video, I've had no video buffer as of yet.

Robert Garforth

Robert Garforth

I use a 16 gb sandisk extreme class 10 would recomend its amazing

Tobias Lind

Tobias Lind

I am using a Sandisk Extreme 8GB, Class 10 30MB/s now. Works well for Full HD recording.

I got a Sandisk Ultra 8GB, Class 4 15MB/s bundled with my 550D and it would not let me record HD video at all. So I'd stay away from that one.

Kyle van Tonder

Kyle van Tonder

This forum helped a lot. Transcend Class 10 16gig works like a charm.

Tim Sundal

Tim Sundal

Well, now I have bought a new card because the 8GB SanDisk Extreme III was to small for me. I bough a Transcend Class 10 16Gig card from ebay, and it works fantastic :)

Scott Rieger

Scott Rieger

Using a Transend 32GB card that I just bought. So far so good. Been able to play video directly from the card to the computer screen. Very happy with it so far. We'll have to see how it goes for the long term. BTW, it is a "Class 10".

tim perkis

tim perkis

my transcend class 10 16gb cards are not reliable on the T2i. I get occasional "recording has automatically stopped" notices, which increase in frequency depending on how much is recorded on the card; when it gets to holding about 12gb or so, it becomes unusable.
I'm forced to conclude that a faster (and alas, more expensive) card is needed, a SanDisk perhaps?

tim perkis

tim perkis

My poor results with the transcend cards may be idiosyncratic, but I do have to wonder how extensively people have tested them before they conclude that they work great and post a recommendation. It only became clear to me as I filled the card that the card wasn't able to keep up.

Micah Rix-Hayes

Micah Rix-Hayes

I have 2 transcend cards, 16gb Class 6. I've filled them up about 4-5 times each and have not had a problem. I did a lot of research before buying them, everyone seems to say they are by far the best for your money and have the lowest Dead on Arrival rate. Wish I had saved the research to back it up... so you'll have to take my word for it I guess.

worldofgnr

worldofgnr

Im using transcend 16gb class10 and Kingston 16gb class6 aswell as Adata class 6 8gb card, all works very nice.

Amila C. Kumarasinghe

Amila C. Kumarasinghe

I'm using Kingston 16GB and 8GB Class 6 cards with my 60D (using only for video). Working perfectly . . .

Director DÉKA-R

Director DÉKA-R

i'm using Scandisk Extreme class 10 16GB for me it's the best card!

worldofgnr

worldofgnr

Ok just a quick news, i have bought 2x 16gb Adata only class 4 ( yeah class4) and i made low level format and i have recorded in last2days about 3h of videos on them, all videos worked nice, all i did was make sure no video recording was over 2min in 1 lenght, i have stoped recording and then turn cam on again, with this even a low 4class card will work 100% , belive me, cuz' i've tryed all of em...dont throw money on class10 so easily.

Bruno Sousa

Bruno Sousa

Im using transcend 16gb class10 so far so good :)

Diego Acosta

Diego Acosta

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY WHEN I PUT MY 16 GB SDHC CARD IN MY T2I, IT SAYS IT HAS ONLY 29 MINUTES TO RECORD, EVEN THOUGH WHEN I PUT MY 8 GB IN IT IT SAYS IT CAN RECORD 22?? DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING?
THANKS

Andreas Frostholm

Andreas Frostholm

First of all you need to turn off CAPS-LOCK ;-)

I've read that DSLR are limited to maximum 29 minutes and 59 seconds of video-recording due to some EU VAT rule.
Longer recording would rank them as camcorders and the VAT would be higher = the DSLRs would be more expensive to buy.
Your camera is fine - it's just business.

Hope that helps
- Cheers

Andreas Frostholm

Andreas Frostholm

Not sure what you mean, but I think Diego has a card that will hold more than 29 min of video, but the camera won't record more than 29 min in one take. After 29 min you just press 'record' again to continue recording.
For most people this is not a big deal.

Kraken

Kraken

AData 16GB class10 - works like a charm :)

Steven Allison-Bunnell

Steven Allison-Bunnell Plus

The 29 minute cap is the longest SINGLE clip you can shoot. You can shoot as many clips as will fit on the card. I've read that is because of the 4 GB single file size limit in the FAT 32 file system used by these cards.

Practically speaking, unless you are shooting a continuous audio track like a speech or concert, you have to stop and reframe and refocus your shot anyway.

There is also an issue with the camera overheating during prolonged video shooting, so that helps keep you from burning out your camera.

I have had good luck with the PNY brand Class 10 (marked as 20 MB/sec) 16 GB cards, sold by J&R through Amazon. They are $28 each and so far have recorded and offloaded the video without any glitches. The Transcend cards are also a good buy and have reasonable reviews, although some people receive DOA cards (I haven't tried them yet).

A fast card reader (Delkin Devices is the one I like) is also very helpful for pulling video off the card and into your editor on your computer.

Matias Goinheix

Matias Goinheix

Hi man, how can you tell if a card reader is faster than other? What's the spec I should be looking for?

Matias Goinheix

Matias Goinheix

I'm using transcend class 10 16Gb, so far so great!

Steven Allison-Bunnell

Steven Allison-Bunnell Plus

I'm not sure it's a requirement, and I don't even think my PNY cards are UDMA, but UDMA is the ultra-high-speed standard, and so if the reader will do UDMA, it seems like it will be as fast as possible for the regular cards, too. Of course it should be USB 2.0 at least (some people are using firewire versions for heavy Pro use).

This is the one I have, and the Class 10 PNY 20MB/s cards are very snappy with it:
delkin.com/products/connect/readers/reader38.html

Rick Joaquim

Rick Joaquim Plus

Delkin 32GB Class 6 (22MB/s) cards have been working amazing for us.... :)

pRi™

pRi™

this looks impressive
amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Video-Memory-SDSDRX3-016G-A21/dp/B003D5MY5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298851630&sr=1-1

SanDisk Extreme HD Video 16 GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card (SDSDRX3-016G-A21)

BUT I am using
amazon.com/PNY-Professional-Hi-Speed-Memory-P-SDHC16G10-EF/dp/B003ZHTNNU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298851721&sr=1-1

PNY Professional 16 GB Class 10 Hi-Speed SDHC 20MB/s 133x Flash Memory Card P-SDHC16G10-EF (Black)

Absolutely no problems. As fast as it clams and faster.

Dennis O'Clair

Dennis O'Clair Plus

Transcend 16GB Class 6. Works well and reasonably priced.

Which card reader is fastest ?

Pedro Arredondo

Pedro Arredondo

Could someone tell me if a SDXC could work in Canon T2i? Thanks

Rebel T3i

Rebel T3i

PNY 16 Gig (Class 10) Cards work great in the Canon Rebel T3i / 600D for Filming HD
I am testing out the Panasonic 16GB (Class4) cards now (Says up to 15MBS)
The PNY Cards I have say (20MBS) so far the Class 4 test worked, but I should let it record for a few minutes.

Rebel T3i

Rebel T3i

PNY Spec:

Up to 25MB/sec read and 20 MB/sec write data transfer rate (using 4 parallel data lines)

yaro

yaro

I have a genuine 16GB SDHC Sandisk Ultra II which I tested wit HDTune and it shows me a minimum transfer rate of 15MB/s. I can only record a couple of seconds in 1080. I've also got a Sandisk 4GB SDHC class 4 and this one keeps recordin till the card runs out of space which is 11m30s. Why is the Ultra II not able to do this?

yaro

yaro

Pedro yes, it supports SDXC. It's in the manual

Michael F Bates

Michael F Bates Plus

When I first got my 550D I used a SanDisk 4GB Class 2 card I had lying around. It worked fine and recorded a ten minute clip with no problems.

However, I then got a SanDisk 16GB Class 4 card that would record more than 8-12 seconds of footage before stopping recording. No amount of low level formatting would persuade it to last more than 12 seconds without automatically stopping. Not sure if it was a faulty one off or not, just my experience so far.

I returned it to Amazon without any of the original packaging and they refunded me the full amount and postage. That's why they're top of my list when it comes to online shopping.

I'm waiting for the Transcend 16GB Class 10 cards to come back into stock with Amazon, as their return policy is so good if they don't work and the price is good too. I'm also tempted by the Integral 16GB Class 10 UltimaPro cards amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ZDNLIW/ as Amazon has them for £16 / $26.

Anyone used the Integral 16GB Class 10 cards?

Michael F Bates

Michael F Bates Plus

I got my Transcend 16GB Class 10 card yesterday, and it worked straight out of the box with no formatting needed.

Hugo Faraco

Hugo Faraco

I have a Transcend 16GB Class 10 card and yesterday, for the second time, this message appears: "Movie recording has been stopped automatically".

Both times the card wasn't full.

Anybody with the same problem?

vander2000

vander2000

Same problem as you on eos 550D with a transcend SDHC class 10 8 GB. I format the card with the camera, but it change nothing. Dis you find any issue ?

yaro

yaro

I just received one of the 16GB Transcend class 10 cards that's after some bad experience with Sandisk tech support. I'll let you know as soon as I get home how that behaves.
I think Canon should be more caring about their customers and release at least a short list of tested memory cards that one could base on as saying class 6 or better only leads to disappointments.
By the way I also got myself a 16GB Sandisk Extreme 30MB/s and I can only tell you I'm not happy with this card. It's not reliable and every now and then I'm getting lost frames. Testing it with various pieces of benchmarking software using different card readers I'm not getting over 15MB/s at any point and you know what... Sandisk say it's fine because class 10 card is guaranteed for 10MB/s and they're right. Well except the label says up to 30MB/s so at least you should be seeing this card getting UP TO 30MB/s at least occasionally if you run a test that lasts for over an hour. I got myself a USB3.0 pciexpress card and a usb3.0 reader but I can't use them for testing as the benchmarking software gives me errors. Fortunately I was contacted by a Sandisk representative who kindly agreed to send me a replacement while testing my card so I kind of put a big question mark on Sandisk and see what happens next

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups