A scene taken from multi award-winning short film 'Beneath the Waves', directed and written by Renée Marie Petropoulos with cinematography by Ella Gibbins.
A deaf teenager suffering from severe Tinnitus strives to overcome her own irrevocable psychological and physical alienation in order to find peace within her world of constant noise.
Festivals & Awards:
- Part of Official Selection at Sydney Underground Film Festival & winner of ‘Peoples Choice award’ in ‘Mother’s Milk’ Category
- Part of the Official Short Film selection at the Gotham
International Screen Film Festival.
- Winner of ‘Second Place’ in the ‘Student Film Category’, ‘Best Screenplay’, ‘Best Cinematography’ and ‘Best Supporting Actor (Ash Vlahos)’, at the Los Angeles New Wave International Film Festival
- Winner of ‘Best in Editing’, ‘Best in Directing’, ‘Best in Cinematography’ and the ‘Laurie Fitzgerald Prize in Innocation and Creativity in Sound and/or Film’ at the 2011 12th Golden Eye Awards at the University of Technology Sydney (Nominated also for ‘Best in Art Design’, ‘Best Drama’, ‘Best in Sound Design’)
- Part of the Official selection at the 2012 Byron Bay International Film Festival, nominated for 'Best Young Australian Film Maker'
- Part of Official Selection at the 2012 World of Women (W.O.W) international Film Festival.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?