Sony NEX-FS100 Super 35mm User Group

Dead pixel already!

Aaron Nanto

Aaron Nanto Plus

I can't believe this - I bought my NEX-FS100 on the 14th of last month, shot about 10 hours of video on it and I have a HUGE dead pixel that popped up after shooting a video last night. Below is a link to the full-frame screen cap of where the dead pixel is located (taken with the lens cap on and gain set to 18dB.

farm7.static.flickr.com/6135/5919298405_c6b6452255_o.jpg

Before I go to Sony and demand my camera to be fixed, is there any way to fix this myself? (I doubt it, but want to make sure).

Aaron Nanto

Aaron Nanto Plus

If you encounter any stuck pixels, perform a Black Balance first - I did this and the red stuck pixel went away.

Ryan Creason

Ryan Creason

Glad to hear you worked it out. I can only imaging how frustrating that would be >

Aaron Nanto

Aaron Nanto Plus

Yah, you can see the stuck pixel on my latest video "Lens.Beauty" (lower left-hand section). Didn't notice it until I started editing.

Púlsar Producciones

Púlsar Producciones PRO

that's the problem. on the camera monitor it's not visible, but in a large monitor it's very clear. So when i change a lens, i perform a black balance

Púlsar Producciones

Púlsar Producciones PRO

uff i have two dead pixels now, when i perform the black balance one of these dissapear, but when i perform again the bb it's there again, and the other dead pixel appear when the other dissapear. I have to send my camera to sony, i have to wait for an answer. If anynone have the same problem of the dead pixel who dissapear when perform the black balance do it again and check. The other dead pixel appear when i activate the gain to -9 to -18db and with a slow shutter it's claearly noticable.

Aaron Nanto

Aaron Nanto Plus

Please keep us updated on what Sony says Cristian - I would do exactly the same thing. Hopefully they will fix the issue as a dead/stuck pixel (at least for me) is totally unacceptable if it shows up on film. If Sony cares about their user base, they will fix the camera.

LevhartFilm

LevhartFilm

Is there any software to check dead pixels in sony nex fs-100?

Aaron Nanto

Aaron Nanto Plus

No, but follow what I did in my original post to test for dead/stuck pixels.

Púlsar Producciones

Púlsar Producciones PRO

Sony send back my camera, now it's ok no dead pixel. i'm going to test again and again to ensure

Dave Morrison

Dave Morrison PRO

Holy cow! He better not have been charged ANYTHING! It's still under warranty.

Robert Marty

Robert Marty Plus

I now have this problem with mine.
My pixel is white another is blue. I called Sony today to mention this issue.
This camera is pretty new.
In the past Sony has been a dream to deal with for their support on broadcast equipment.
In the end I'm sure this will be no problem.

Showman Media

Showman Media Plus

I have the same problem. the camera is three weeks old and has always had 1 stuck blue pixel that I could black balance away, but now it has two, getting rid of one means the other appears, and vice versa, on and on for hours! This is ridiculous, what kind of lame mapping software have they put on this camera!
Although registering with Prime Support was a nightmare, after speaking to Sony (who were very helpful I must say) the camera will be picked up next week to be fixed and returned within 7 days.

yousif wleed

yousif wleed

hello, till now i think mine is safe " although i bought 2 bodies" do you think the Firmware Update will solve this problem ?

Showman Media

Showman Media Plus

There's no mention of any changes to the black balance or any mapping software on the firmware update list. From what I've read Sony puts a limit on how many bad pixels can be masked by the camera and I think that's why one will disappear after a black balance but another replaces it.

yousif wleed

yousif wleed

ok, I'd read the update list, but i thought if they can make it done by updating the Firmware instead of send your camera to them "that would be impossible" even with 1 year warranty.
thank you

Showman Media

Showman Media Plus

Same, mine arrived back 4 days after it got to Wales, sensor was faulty, black balance didn't remove the hot pixels so the sensor block assembly was replaced. Came back really fast, great customer service.

Christopher  Gronau

Christopher Gronau

I just purchased my fs100 and right out of the box I had a blue pixel. I am returning it tomorrow, but I am very disappointed. It appears to only be a dead pixel in the LCD screen as I couldn't find it in the image.

JF

JF Plus

Same issue here. Got the camera delivered to Argentina from the US about 4 weeks ago and just last night i spotted a single white pixel that was stuck. Made me freak out. Will check what's the deal with customer support down here. Thanks for the posts. They were very helpfull

CARLOS MANUEL HOYOS BUCHELI

CARLOS MANUEL HOYOS BUCHELI

let me know about the custome support solution. I have the same problem. i bought the cam a few months ago... Got the camera delivered to Colombia from USA, and i like to know if the warranty cover the cam repair or any other way to fix the issue. Thanks

Roman Matýšek

Roman Matýšek

I bought it before ONE HOUR and I already have 2 BIG dead pixels on my FS700!!!

Leyla Productions

Leyla Productions Plus

Just noticed a dead Blue pixel on my fs100 and its about a year old, performed black balance but it went away about 80%. Should I call Sony ?

Mansoor

Mansoor Plus

Black Balance should solve the problem

Showman Media

Showman Media Plus

just found my replaced sensor has developed a large red pixel and when black balanced switches it for a white pixel elsewhere, and back and forth with each balance after that. I, give, up. The masking software should be better than this!!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups