Sony NEX-FS100 Super 35mm User Group

Sony A77 as B Cam for FS100

Rodney Teague

Rodney Teague

Just wondering if any one else out there grabbed one of these. I think its going to be a great compliment to my FS100 just need to try to match up a couple of my fav pp's. So I just wanted to hear some noise about my plan.
And......Go!

Glen Vandermolen

Glen Vandermolen

Not a bad plan, but have you also considered the NEX-7? It has the same OLED EFV as the A77, and at a slightly lower cost. Same 24Mb sensor, too. It's an E-mount, if that makes a difference to your needs.
If I were to get a back-up cam to my FS100, I would also consider the NX70. Just because I had to shoot in the rain for a few days, and I sure wish I had a waterproof camera. I'd lose the depth of field, but it would make a good wide angle camera as a B-cam.

Rodney Teague

Rodney Teague

The A77 is water "proof" or some aspect of weather resistant. The Nex7 didn't seem to have to color pp dept that the a77 does. Was able to match some of my favorite FS100 PP's from Abel Cine pretty easily with the color corrections on the A77. Beside this i went with the LA-EA1 and Sony Sigma lenses A-mount, so versatility between cam's should be a snap with only one lens set. The e-mount line still has a long way to go to become fully usable for me as I care not at all about the auto features from the e-mount lenses. Be super nice if they made the new 16-50mm 2.8 in an e-mount, wouldn't it?

Justin Bregar

Justin Bregar Plus

Rodney... Any chance you want to share your settings to match up the A77 and FS100 picture profiles? I've been fighting with my children for a while.

Daniel Inzitari

Daniel Inzitari Plus

I'm thinking of doing this same thing, or possibly an a57. Are there any drawbacks with this? This camera will be used for only one shot in my productions, which is a long shot, sometimes over an hour. I am aware of the 30 minute clip limits, but worried about overheating issues.

VERY interested in the color matching!

Ken Raimondi

Ken Raimondi Plus

Anybody find a good solution here? I'm looking for a "b"cam to partner with FS100.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups