Panasonic GHx & micro4/3 Community

Compressor hates the GH2...help!

Son of Sizemore

Son of Sizemore

This is a strange error, but one I need help with.
I've used the GH1/GH2 happily with Final Cut pro 6 & 7 for 2 years now, transcoding to nice Apple pro res formats and having no issues with quality or playback....until....
I had a project (a music video) that used both Canon footage and GH2 footage, both 24frames a second, 1080p video, and it worked well together, until I went to convert it to standard definition 720*576 in compressor (as I was required to get it to this standard for TV broadcast, so required some control over the end format)...so using the 'Pal anamorphic' setting, I happily set it to convert the footage, and it did, seemingly okay...what I then found was that the 550d footage came out fine, but the GH2 footage looked terrible, with horrible aliasing, and an almost sub-SD footage quality.
Is there a reason for this?(I've tried converting a GH2 file in turbo.264 just to see if it was the initial conversion that was the problem, but I get the same horrible result) or is there something I'm not doing in Compressor? All I need is that 720*576 file in .mov format and I can get it on TV(which would be awesome), but even the usually reliable Mpeg STreamclip can't output in that resolution without squeezing it vertically, so I'm in need of advice...any will be gratefully received :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups